The Student Room Group

Documents prove Cox shooter was far right extremist

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
That man.. he should have had some therapy.

He was a lunatic
The diagram of the homemade pipe pistol is a single shot firearm, but the reports suggest that multiple shots were fired, so he would have had to have reloaded every shot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DiddyDec
The diagram of the homemade pipe pistol is a single shot firearm, but the reports suggest that multiple shots were fired, so he would have had to have reloaded every shot.

(1) Actually, the main witness Ben Hachem said there was about four to five seconds between the shots (enough time to reload) and particularly reported the firearm as being strange and homemade-looking

(2) Whether he used that firearm or not is irrelevant. There is no question he is the one who ordered hundreds of pounds worth of neo-Nazi literature.

(3) The Telegraph has also proven he was a member of South African far right groups.

It's unclear why people who could broadly be described as the UKIP right are trying to deflect attention from the far right. It raises questions about whether they themselves are crypto-Nazis
Can we please all take a moment to acknowledge that "anti-radicalisation" programmes in schools etc. seriously need to recognise this kind of extremism?
Original post by ODES_PDES
He was a lunatic

Pretty much everyone on the far right is.
Original post by Mathemagicien
I thought we already decided that UKIP are crypto-Nazis?

Who's we? I've never said any such thing in the past. I'm a leave voter and euroskeptic.

But it is completely unclear why members of the UKIP right seem to feel personally offended by information that links this man to far right groups (which I personally would not claim UKIP is) and why they are so desperate to obfuscate that.

He was using Sleight of Hand

Original post by ODES_PDES
He was a lunatic

Most terrorists are, who else in their right mind would do such a thing?
Doesn't excuse what he did, or the violent aspects of the far right at all.
Original post by Thutmose-III
(1) Actually, the main witness Ben Hachem said there was about four to five seconds between the shots (enough time to reload) and particularly reported the firearm as being strange and homemade-looking

It's unclear why people who could broadly be described as the UKIP right are trying to deflect attention from the far right. It raises questions about whether they themselves are crypto-Nazis

I'm only interested in the firearm used, I actually don't care about the rest of the story.

As far as I'm concerned, people day everyday as a result of a dangerous job.
I'm only interested in the firearm used, I actually don't care about the rest of the story.

How convenient for you. That means you can ignore all the evidence that shows you were completely wrong.
Original post by Zargabaath
He was using Sleight of Hand

Most terrorists are, who else in their right mind would do such a thing?
Doesn't excuse what he did, or the violent aspects of the far right at all.

Are they?

Lunatic implies some kind of mental abnormality. Like being a psychopath or in some way not in control of your mental faculties etc.

To just say these people are lunatics allows them to get off the hook and take away responsibility from their appalling actions. It also ignores the fact that many people have mental problem of various degrees yet still do not murder people. So it is also insulting to those people. You can be of sound mind and decide to kill someone for political reasons. It's entirely normal in times of war etc.
(edited 7 years ago)
How convenient for you. That means you can ignore all the evidence that shows you were completely wrong.

I questioned the evidence to get a better understanding, it is called being critical. I haven't read through all the stories because I have better things to do.

I do however doubt a .38 was used because that not a commonly used calibre in the UK.
I questioned the evidence to get a better understanding, it is called being critical. I haven't read through all the stories because I have better things to do.

But apparently not so many better things to do that you're not still here commenting all day :lol: Trying to undermine his Nazi connections by questioning the gun just smells desperate

I do however doubt a .38 was used because that not a commonly used calibre in the UK.

You seem to be a little bit confused. It's understandable that as a Brit you don't really know much about firearms.

The pipe can be any size he wants if it corresponds to the ammunition he has. In fact, given how difficult obtaining ammunition on the black market is said to be it's pretty obvious he would obtain the round first and then find a suitable bit of pipe.

In fact given how long Cox survived after being shot several times I wouldn't have a problem wagering it probably was a smaller, more easily obtained calibre like 22lr

Anyway, I can see it's a waste of time arguing with you because you possess a very obnoxious mix of being both ideologically committed to obfuscating his Nazi connections and also deeply ignorant about firearms
Is there even any evidence Thomas Mair was targetting Jo Cox?

From what I understand, he was having some kind of fight with another person, Jo Cox intervened and she was attacked.

Also his neighbours and half-brother revealed he had no political affiliation or motive at all.

According to eye witnesses, he never shouted "Britain first".

This video is well worth the watch:

[video="youtube;QtDKfd-pEGw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtDKfd-pEGw[/video]

Of course RIP Jo Cox.
Because UKIP and the rest of the far right share a lot of the same goals; but whereas UKIP focuses on nationality, the rest of the far right focuses on ethnicity. The same rhetoric the Leave camp is using is the rhetoric that inspires far right crimes.

Farage himself, IIRC, has an interesting record of far-right interests.

It wasn't long ago that UKIP were crypto-Nazis to most people in the centre and left. They're relatively mainstream now, but there's no point denying that they were seen that way by most people.

I see everyone is desperately clambering to invent some kind of link between UKIP and neo-nazi parties. At least when it comes to Labour we don't need such tactics, Labour is embarrassing enough at it is.

You seem to be a little bit confused. It's understandable that as a Brit you don't really know much about firearms.

Hahahaha.

I know plenty about firearms, that is why I am questioning the one used.

I do love how you keep trying to call me a member of the far right because I am critical of one piece of evidence. I haven't even mentioned the rest because it literally has his name written all over it.

Stop being so defensive and try having an open conversation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hahahaha.

I know plenty about firearms, that is why I am questioning the one used.

I do love how you keep trying to call me a member of the far right because I am critical of one piece of evidence. I haven't even mentioned the rest because it literally has his name written all over it.

Stop being so defensive and try having an open conversation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Left wingers love to point out problems with the right/far-right. Lets look at how many people the far left communists have killed over the years and its far worse...
The link exists, whether you like it or not, just like there is a link between Labour, communists, and SJWs. Neo Nazis are people who take a UKIP-style of thinking too far. UKIP and neo-Nazis are allies in many ways, just like Labour, Islam and communism are too.

I'm more of a supporter of the horseshoe theory myself. Neo-Nazis and SJW/Islam have more similarities imo.
We don't really have far left terrorists in the UK, though - they only really exist in some continental European countries, and probably South America, and some Asian and African countries.

Neither do we right wing. Cant even remember the last murder committed by a neo-nazi in this country.

I think the frequency and scale of certain terrorists matter as well. Certain terriorists seems to kill a lot more frequently and larger amount of people than others.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending