The Student Room Group

OCR A2 CHEMISTRY F324 and F325- 14th and 22nd June 2016- OFFICIAL THREAD

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emmab98
I put NH2+ it really confused me but I think it is NH3+ unfortunately :frown:

Yea i think it was NH3+/Cl- because amonia usually has three bonds and only one was with the benzene ring so there we 2Hs and the the extra H making it NH3+
The compound that gets reduced is the oxidising agent. As it causes another compound to get oxidised.

The compound that gets oxidised is the reducing agent. As it causes another compound to get reduced.

Posted from TSR Mobile
you need an oxidising agent (something that can be reduced) to oxidise, reducing agent (something that can be oxidised) to reduce.
What grade would 40/60 be ? 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
Does anyone know how much the chiral carbon q was worth????????
Original post by coolgamer
What grade would 40/60 be ? 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Would be a C grade hopefully
Original post by Mr Average.98
Would be a C grade hopefully

It was an easy paper but I did so many silly mistakes I want to die
what do you think you got
anyone have a better unofficial mark scheme? cause the one on this thread only has 38 marks and i really wanna know how many marks i think i got! :smile:
also was it NH3+ or NH3+cl-? nor would they accept both?
Original post by coolgamer
It was an easy paper but I did so many silly mistakes I want to die
what do you think you got

Checking with unofficial mark scheme and asking a million ppl.. i believe i lost 10 marks (being really stringent on myself ).. so 50 marks would be an A i believe hopefully
Checking with unofficial mark scheme and asking a million ppl.. i believe i lost 10 marks (being really stringent on myself ).. so 50 marks would be an A i believe hopefully

Im in the same boat as you, thinkibg ive lost 10 marks out of sheer stupidity, its so ****ing irritating cause i was generally well prepared. My fear is though that bdcause it was such a simple paper 52/60 could be an A maybe even 53.
Original post by Spwoosh
Im in the same boat as you, thinkibg ive lost 10 marks out of sheer stupidity, its so ****ing irritating cause i was generally well prepared. My fear is though that bdcause it was such a simple paper 52/60 could be an A maybe even 53.

Thats a interesting possibility.. but i would say it will be an A =50 marks because some questions were generally sly. And compare them with other papers .. where grade boundaries were 48 =A .. this paper was comparatively harder due to the ambiguity. So yh .. cant say for sure .. but im confident that it will be an A=50
This forum blew up with that f324 paper😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi there sorry but do you know how much that chiral carbon question was??? Im so worried coz i didnt see that question so i didnt answer it
It was a question where ypu had to mark the chiral c or something like that
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by selenmer
Hi there sorry but do you know how much that chiral carbon question was??? Im so worried coz i didnt see that question so i didnt answer it

The one where you had to draw the tripeptide and label the chiral centres was 2 marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lukemurp890
The one where you had to draw the tripeptide and label the chiral centres was 2 marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for ypur reply:smile: so the whole thing was 2 marks? Or just the chiral c? Im so annoyed i didnt see the part of the q asking you to mark the chiral cs :frown:
Thanks for ypur reply:smile: so the whole thing was 2 marks? Or just the chiral c? Im so annoyed i didnt see the part of the q asking you to mark the chiral cs :frown:

The whole thing was 2 marks, one mark for the correct structure, and the other mark for the correct chiral centres.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That question worth 2 marks exactly .
HINT: OH- Concentration is 100 times of h+ concentration
Do you have the answer, I got a pH of 8.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending