The Student Room Group

Physics P2 Unofficial Markscheme Edexcel.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jamiedwight
You had to work out the GPE and that would've been the same as the maximum KE because the energy at the top of the roller coaster would convert to kinetic so they would be the same

Damn it, can't remember if I did that or not or left it blank as I thought it might be the same, ah well at least it was only 1 mark
For the cyclist pedalling at a constant velocity question I wrote that they had to travel the correct distance in the correct amount of time. Though, now that I think about it, it doesn't seem right??
Reply 82
Original post by vardyisaparty
what was the 3 marker after the voltmeter?

Which 3 marker? There was another one marker after the voltmeter question, and then a two marker which asked you to show that the value of resistance was 11 ohms.
Original post by L0st45
Which 3 marker? There was another one marker after the voltmeter question, and then a two marker which asked you to show that the value of resistance was 11 ohms.

Was it not 12?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
Original post by blueribbons99

Might have been, I can't remember the exact value it was that we had to prove aha. :smile:
Oh **** yes, lots of people in my school when asked if they got 2 million and something for the rollercoaster question said I was crazy. I also worked out the GPE for the 2nd question but it was only 1 mark. :frown: I put C for the voltzs multiple question (which is correct - I asked my teacher). The only thing I ****ed up on is the last six marker as I don't think I went on enough. I used clothing and how less air resistance would act upon the cyclist. I also talked about the weight of clothing and how it can lead to deceleration. Oh, and the half life, I worked out 7 days and then then added it to 180. I know this could possible be wrong but it did say "estimate" so the mark scheme could be lenient. I think I ended up with a mass of 280g. So, my worst case scenario is a B, but I think I'm probably going to get an A.
Reply 86
i did
Reply 87
i did
Original post by NextGenRemix
Did anyone get 2375000 for the rollercoaster work done question?
Reply 88
Original post by student2607
I got 6. something, I don't think we had to work out the distance travelled by doing the area, it was just the gradient as it was for acceleration.

This is above GCSE but just to show the proof and analysis...
Didn't sit this paper but velocity=displacement/time so the gradient of the graph is acceleration if you put it in the form of y=mx then
V=velocity(m/s) S=displacement(m/s^2) t=time(s) *-means multiply
y=mx+c
Velcoity=Displacement/Time+0 (+0 as it goes through origin)
V=s/t

Bit of calculus: dV/dt (change in velocity over time which is the gradient(accleration))= -s/t^2 (units of -s/t^2, which the units are m/s^2, oh wait meter per second sqaured is accleration so this proves accleration is the gradient)

Vt=s
Velocity*Time= Displacement which is the area under a velocity time graph as your doing y*x ======proof velocity(m/s)*time(s)= m/s * s = meters
(edited 7 years ago)
I did
Did anyone get 620 for the question about 70mA?
Reply 91
Original post by Dylanuk16

No i think it was 6.3 because mA converts to 0.07A . Then 0.07 x 90= 6.3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 92
Original post by Dylanuk16

Original post by Rof74
No i think it was 6.3 because mA converts to 0.07A . Then 0.07 x 90= 6.3

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got the same as Rof74, because they wanted the answer in Coulombs, so you had to divide by 1000 to convert mA to A.
Reply 93
Original post by qutae
I thought it was too complex too. I did GPE to get 171mill joules because energy transferred = work done :smile:

Yea I also done that.
Reply 94
Original post by qutae
I thought it was too complex too. I did GPE to get 171mill joules because energy transferred = work done :smile:

I did that too, that was the very first question wasn't it?

The question after that where they asked what the maximum KE or GPE or whatever it was at point B, was that the same answer as the answer to part (a)?
Original post by keepyourapology
How did that exam go? Starting an unofficial mark scheme..xD Please add questions as well. :smile:

Spoiler

I came up with a potential idea of what the mark scheme could look like for some of the missing answers in this "unofficial markscheme". (These are just my own thoughts, not necessarily right!)

Q1
b)The insulating soles of the girl’s shoes rub against the nylon carpet (1)
Electrons are transferred (1)
From the girl to the carpet (1)

c) Two from:
Metal is a conductor (1)
Charge flows (from girl) to the conductor (1)
For an easy route to the ground (1)

Q3
c)
Beta and gamma are ionising radiation (1)
If they enter the body, they could collide with (molecules of) genetic material / DNA (1)
This could cause cell mutations (1)
Which may lead to tissue damage / cancer (1)

Q5 c) the resistance was 10.8 ohms, which is about 11 ohms
(edited 7 years ago)
One of the questions on the roller coaster one was something like: 'What would the maximum kinetic energy of the roller coaster be between point C and D?' I said 0 because its velocity was 0, and there's a formula to work out KE using velocity. So,anything multiplied by 0 would obviously get 0.
What did you guys tick for the question on current and voltage I ticked decrease decrease so c

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
Original post by Penguin_S
What did you guys tick for the question on current and voltage I ticked decrease decrease so c

Posted from TSR Mobile

what was the question?
Reply 99
Question 3 (c) about hospital staff, I don't know if what I put was right, but I said: "Beta particles and gamma rays can mutate DNA causing cancer."

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending