The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS/A2 Mathematics M2 - 17th June 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by saitama kun
guys fuk yah my exams r over
da paper somewat easy except fr da last question which made da whole paper *****y somehw i gt d=0.3
saitama over n out
ONEEEEEEE PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNCHH!!!😁😁😁😁
always wanted to do dis😂

You're done already? Mine's in one hour :s-smilie:
Original post by k.russell
Just a quick question, not very significant and not much time for people to reply anyway but;
When you have an impulse expressed in vector form i.e. I = m/2(8i+5j) and you want to find the magnitude, is it correct to mod the bracket then halve, or halve the bracket then mod as I have seen it done both ways - mod then half in M2 Solomon F q1 and half then mod in a Madas Maths booklet on impulse - depending on which way you do it, you get a different answer so I was hoping someone might have an idea thanks

I think i'd do it before, but I'm not entirely sure, not come across a question like that..
Reply 202
Original post by saitama kun
guys fuk yah my exams r over
da paper somewat easy except fr da last question which made da whole paper *****y somehw i gt d=0.3
saitama over n out
ONEEEEEEE PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNCHH!!!😁😁😁😁
always wanted to do dis😂

I didnt get that lol. What did u get for the question before that
Overall do u guys find it hard? Tbh I found it quite easy so grace boundary is probably high... Btw what are the two values for the angle. I got 25 and 66...
What answers can everyone remember? Something about 66?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MYBOIPOOM
Overall do u guys find it hard? Tbh I found it quite easy so grace boundary is probably high... Btw what are the two values for the angle. I got 25 and 66...

yep i can recall writin dose 2 angles
What did yous think of that?
2 values for the angle? What question are you talking about???
What two angles??? Are you guys talking about the IAL paper or GCE paper? They were both today
That was uh.. Fun.

>open paper
>pt^2 + qt + r
>'oh ffs'
Original post by The_Big_E
What two angles??? Are you guys talking about the IAL paper or GCE paper? They were both today

Original post by Sophie Wilczek
2 values for the angle? What question are you talking about???

Those guys are talking about the international paper. There were a few angles questions on our paper too though. One was around 104 I think.
Original post by cjlh
Those guys are talking about the international paper. There were a few angles questions on our paper too though. One was around 104 I think.

YeH I was talking about the IAL paper, sorry I didn't know the GCE one was today as well XD
Original post by cjlh

Yeah I either got that or 114 I cat remember. How did u find the paper anyways? Did u get something like lambda=30/7 and many answers which were decimals and not fractions in general? Like the centre of mass for example?
Reply 213
Yeah I either got that or 114 I cat remember. How did u find the paper anyways? Did u get something like lambda=30/7 and many answers which were decimals and not fractions in general? Like the centre of mass for example?

Yea got similar values

Lambda was 42/g, another person in my class I asked got this too. This is 30/7 but if you gave it without g it had to be to 3sf.

For centre of mass I got the distance from 0 in terms of pi and the distance from AD was 0.830. I just checked and the angle was actually 114, you're right.

The first question I got 5 for a.

c was 10/3.

The last question e was 1/14 and the speeds were 3/20 u and 21/10 u.

I have a load of values in my calculator but can't remember the questions so if you wanna say what you got I can check with mine. Not sure how accurate I was overall lol
Me after 20 mins working out:
0F = 0
Oh well at least it's true 😂
Could have been worse though tbh
Original post by cjlh
Lambda was 42/g, another person in my class I asked got this too. This is 30/7 but if you gave it without g it had to be to 3sf.

For centre of mass I got the distance from 0 in terms of pi and the distance from AD was 0.830. I just checked and the angle was actually 114, you're right.

c was 10/3.

I have a load of values in my calculator but can't remember the questions so if you wanna say what you got I can check with mine. Not sure how accurate I was overall lol

Agree with those except for a - I got 4.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by cjlh

c was 10/3.

I got all the same answers except for c which i got as (5root2)/3 which is probably wrong.

Oh and for the first question I got a = 4
Original post by cjlh

c was 10/3.

I got a=4 for the first one because a=4t-8 and when t=3 a=4(3)-8=4.
But gosh. The other answers you have I got the same as you :smile:
OH AND FML I FORGOT IT ASKED FOR SPEEDS NOT VELOCITIES 😭
M2 was harder than m3 this year tbh...
(edited 7 years ago)
Answers to edexcel m2 uk paper
1 a) 4ms-2 b) 11/3
2) P =4900 R = 784 d= 53.1
3) c= 10/3
4) x =0.83m, angle 113.6
5) a) friction = (5gdsinthetacostheta)/4
Reaction= (5g/4)(4-dcos^2theta)
b) d = 2.56m
6)a) lambda = 30/7 b) speed 10.4 angle 73.6
7) a) Va = 3u/20 Vb = 21u/10 b) e=1/14 c) no since moving at same speed in same direction

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending