The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics Pure Core 4 MPC4 - 17th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Suits101
Damn I was debating this!

How many out of 7 do you think I'll get for it, since everything else is fine?

I think only 1 mark, max 2
That was so good compared to C3 :biggrin: can anyone remember their answer for the final question?
Why did you need to show d^2y/dx^2 < 0? Surely it's known that that point was the maximum point and it was only 5 marks.

That's what I thought. I wrote that it was the maximum at this point but just didn't show it mathematically.
-1+7x-22/3 x^2 for the binomial expansion?
Damn I was debating this!

How many out of 7 do you think I'll get for it, since everything else is fine?

I got 1/6 as the coefficient of tan^-1 ? Does anyone agree with this, I also got c = pi
Original post by -jordan-
I think only 1 mark, max 2

Lmao.
Original post by Barbecuetime123
I got 1/6 as the coefficient of tan^-1 ? Does anyone agree with this, I also got c = pi

Yup
Lmao.

Whoops I meant marks dropped, 6 or 5. Sorry :biggrin:
The nearest day to your answer is surely day 330, not 331.

It's not because at exactly 330 days, the half life has not yet been reached because of the extra 0.XXX days. That question was worded very weirdly but I suppose that it's down to interpretation.
Original post by JamieG1009
-1+7x-22/3 x^2 for the binomial expansion?

I GOT THIS ALSO! Thank GOD!
Whoops I meant marks dropped, 6 or 5. Sorry :biggrin:

I was gonna say that integration by parts was worth 2/3 marks alone! Lmao :biggrin:
Reply 192
Original post by Deanjones96
Genuinely think that I had only dropped one mark on C3 (the functions one - I said that y had a maximum at the x coordinate which I think was something like 8-8ln8 but I can't remember for sure - and forgot to show that d^2y/dx^2<0) but I suppose that I will see on results day HAHA!

If you get 74/75, I hope they spare you the time and hand your degree to you there and then.
I THINK that I got sin3y-3ycos3y=0.5tan^-1(3x/2)+pi. I can't remember exactly though but I think that's what I got.

I definitely got the left hand part the same as you, and the same +c but my f(x) part was different, think I made a small error with multiples here but then I substituted in the equation 2tanx = 3x differently to get a RHS only in terms of x
Grade boundary predictions?
Original post by RedNebula
Anyone else get 330 days for the half life question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes
Reply 196
You know it!
Reply 197
I GOT THIS ALSO! Thank GOD!

WOOOOP
It's not because at exactly 330 days, the half life has not yet been reached because of the extra 0.XXX days. That question was worded very weirdly but I suppose that it's down to interpretation.

It's no different to getting a trigonometric solution and it says to the nearest degree. I don't think whether the half life has been achieved or not has anything to do with it. Not the way I interpreted the question anyway.
Original post by steph-carys
I definitely got the left hand part the same as you, and the same +c but my f(x) part was different, think I made a small error with multiples here but then I substituted in the equation 2tanx = 3x differently to get a RHS only in terms of x

I used an identity from FP2 but I don't think it's worked in my favour by the looks of it as a lot of people have 1/6 rather than 1/2. For GOD sake haha!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending