The Student Room Group

Edexcel D1 - 17th June, 2016 [Exam discussion]

Scroll to see replies

I didn't even start the last 2 questions
Reply 681
Did anyone finish the scheduling diagram?
Lol I got 9 and 4
Original post by Nikhilm
I got 9 and 5 too ...

Posted from TSR Mobile

DAMN! I put 9 and 4 for some reason. I got 5 as lower bound from Gantt chart looking at 12/13 days,
Original post by Pickenlewis
Lol I got 9 and 4

I got that too.
Original post by Nikhilm
I think my shortest was 75 or somethkng

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've created a markscheme - please can some of you verify some answers? Not confident with this one.
Original post by TrueDAN
I've created a markscheme - please can some of you verify some answers? Not confident with this one.

Post it please ..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 688
Same here. Struggled to finish, had to skip scheduling diagram and had no time to check answers. And I normally finish papers with at least 15 mins to spare :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you get 82 miles?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gekkelekkebekke
I honestly wonder if anyone (without extra time) managed to complete the whole paper to a good standard without running out of time... wtf edexcel, at least I don't seem to be the only one..

I finished the whole paper within the hour and a half and think its probably a good standard. Will a provisional mark scheme be made at all or not because its too hard with all the diagrams
Original post by frances98
I finished the whole paper within the hour and a half and think its probably a good standard. Will a provisional mark scheme be made at all or not because its too hard with all the diagrams

Yeah it was a standard paper but a few wouldn't have finished

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TrueDAN

Yeah if you send it I'll compare it with my answers
Reply 694
Guys what did you get for the integer solutions of V and what was the cost?
Reply 695
Waiting for the unofficial markscheme. Lost 3 marks at least by not doing it, but otherwise it was OK, really. Told you we were gonna have flow charts!
At best, I can get 66 marks which is not even an A on some papers! Please be low boundaries!
Reply 697
What did everyone get for the algorithm results/outputs?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AhnafR
Guys what did you get for the integer solutions of V and what was the cost?

I got 20 for x and 1 for y. So it cost £465 in total. Not sure if that's right, though, I was really rushed
Original post by TrueDAN
Getting on this one as fast as possible. I hated this exam, everyone else found it good - maybe decision maths isn't for me but it'll be nice to see how your answers compare.

Question 1:- A bipartite graph consists of 2 vertices, X and Y. Vertices can only be joined from X to Y, not joined from the same set I.e. X to X.- It was the most confusing / long winded route I got it as. You were matching P with B.P-A = ..... M - B and change state.

Question 2:- Precedence table was with 3 dummies. I did get a nice looking one but I know I made one mistake. C and D were dependent on A. E and F were dependent on B. A and B were dependent on nothing and came from a node labelled O.Remember to link the all up at the end to create a nice network.

Question 3:- Quicksort with 10 numbers. I can remember 11 being shifted to the very end after the first pass. Make sure to label pivots clearly and to say that the source is complete.- First fit decreasing got you 5 bins.- Lowerbound was 4, however it was unrealistic to get 4, but the question was asking if it was optimal. Therefore, it was not optimal.

Question 4:- Ouput 135 implying 7 and 25 were multiplied together.- 122 because using 1/2 would encounter negatives.- 122 X 1/2 = 61.

Question 5:Worried about this one - can't remember it well.- 48 units in length.- One with J 49 units in length.- Missed out Prim's question and only noticed at end so rushed like mad - I got 87.

Question 6: Chinese postman- Weight 460- Look at one excluding F which was EH and 35 in length.- 419 with a route with 21 nodes, starting at F and finishing at B.

Question 7:- 22, 16, 17,10 for answers of w,X,y,z (not in order)- Gantt chart - hate you - you had 6 critical values.- 5 workers as lower bound looking at day 12-14- Scheduling = ran out of time / didn't bother really.

Question 8:- 20x + 65y less than or equal to 520.- Remember that X.y larger than equal to 0. Plot the points to get a region R - one of the equations I struggled with and I think it was something like:-X + 24y larger than or equal to 24. I brought the X over and got 0,0 and 0,1 as my points. I don't think it interfered with the region - I may have got it wrong please tell me.- Exact values you had to look at the point of intersection between 7x + 8y = 120 and 20x + 65y = 520.I did simultaneous equations and got fractions - I checked there decimal points and it did look close to where V was. I got V to be the upper, right hand side point.9 and 4 I got for the crates -

I think I've done horribly on this paper, please help me add on to it to create a nice markscheme! I really wanted an A overall, think I may have not done enough in this module. Anywho, I will update ASAP and try my best to respond quickly. Good luck all :smile:
I got very similar
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending