The Student Room Group

Edexcel D1 - 17th June, 2016 [Exam discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
Original post by TheMathsMan
Answer for Prims length is actually 80 .. I'm incredibly sure about that for those saying 82.

I got 80 and pretty sure it is right
Yup I got 80 too
Answer for Prims length is actually 80 .. I'm incredibly sure about that for those saying 82.

I agree with 80
Original post by Manahil_234
What didu get for w's duration?

I got 80 too!!
Bet the only ones who get 100% in that are people with 25% more time without any conditions that slow them down...

Surely the marks should better reflect the time it takes to do each question?

Edexcel advises "One mark per minute" but we all know that's not possible on this paper am I right?
Original post by AhnafR
Isnt the Dijikstras with J asking for a path includint J and not a path to J?

you may be right.
thats another 2 marks gone for me

prob 1 at schedule 2 at this and 2 at algorithm
standing at 70/75 at the moment.
Original post by gekkelekkebekke
Bet the only ones who get 100% in that are people with 25% more time without any conditions that slow them down...

Edexcel advises "One mark per minute" but we all know that's not possible on this paper am I right?

yes definitely .... the exam boards should be more strict on who to give extra time to quite a few people get it when they don't need it and end up getting 100% and making a lot of us suffer as the grade boundaries for 100 ups are increased :frown:
Original post by AhnafR
Isnt the Dijikstras with J asking for a path includint J and not a path to J?

Yh I thought it was via J
It's sad to think that - ultimately - that was a test of our ability to work under pressure. Not a test of mathematical understanding, a test of your ability to overcome nerves and work as fast as you can. It's quite reasonable to assume that the marks people get in this paper aren't reflective of their mathematical abilities.
Vote in the poll on how you found the exam:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4171580
What did everyone get for the route length for first part of chinese postman?
Original post by dididid
yes definitely .... the exam boards should be more strict on who to give extra time to quite a few people get it when they don't need it and end up getting 100% and making a lot of us suffer as the grade boundaries for 100 ups are increased :frown:

exactly man... I think schools are at fault there. In my school, two of my friends pretended they wrote really slow and requested a test. Turned out he wrote 5 WORDS PER MINUTE (he later told me he completely cheated on that) and now he has 25% more time AND a laptop!?
I did the objective line right at first but then I thought it was wrong then changed it, but I didn't cross it out, I also did 2 sets of calculations for the vertex, will they accept the one with the most amount of marks??
Original post by ryanroks1
It's sad to think that - ultimately - that was a test of our ability to work under pressure. Not a test of mathematical understanding, a test of your ability to overcome nerves and work as fast as you can. It's quite reasonable to assume that the marks people get in this paper aren't reflective of their mathematical abilities.

couldn't agree more. Surely if everyone thought the same they'll adjust grade boundaries accordingly but still..

Sadly that applies to most places, except for stats where it's far more generous (sometimes marks can take less than a minute to get) and with D1, it's definitely true that marks take longer to get and it's far too easy to slip up somewhere in D1.
exactly man... I think schools are at fault there. In my school, two of my friends pretended they wrote really slow and requested a test. Turned out he wrote 5 WORDS PER MINUTE (he later told me he completely cheated on that) and now he has 25% more time AND a laptop!?

yep same at my school theres quite a few that do that, exam boards should really do something about it as it gives them an unfair advantage
Reply 736
Original post by ryanroks1
it's sad to think that - ultimately - that was a test of our ability to work under pressure. Not a test of mathematical understanding, a test of your ability to overcome nerves and work as fast as you can. It's quite reasonable to assume that the marks people get in this paper aren't reflective of their mathematical abilities.

i needed more time!😫

Personally I would report someone like that for being a *******.
Is there an unofficial mark scheme yet?
Original post by SP98
Did anyone finish the scheduling diagram?

No. This paper was rubbish!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending