The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics Pure Core 4 MPC4 - 17th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wonderland2
Anyone know if the UMS needed for an A* needs to be 90% in C3 and separately 90% in C4 or can it be a combined total of the two?

Combined total of the two. What does everyone reckon full UMS would be for this paper? Lots of silly mistakes :frown:
Anyone know if the UMS needed for an A* needs to be 90% in C3 and separately 90% in C4 or can it be a combined total of the two?

Combined total
Original post by Yo12345
y = e / (2(1-x)^1/2(1-ln(2(1-x)^1/2))) ?

yep, I got it in a scummy way, hopefully the examiner sees my final answer and just presumes that i'm a genius and found it in my head, even though I essentially guessed what it was with some bs working
Original post by SunDun111
what was the binomial expanasion answer i got a really messy one ayone else?

I got something like 2+11x-2x^2

Im pretty sure it is combined
just realised i left 0 and 360 in for the trig 5 marker but the range was 0<x<360 lol
Original post by MrMagic12345
I got something like 2+11x-2x^2

Eh i must of done it completley wrong? i got loads of fractions?
Eh think I finished maths on a B, needed an A, rip <.<
Original post by Yo12345
k was 2 right? For the d theta/dx question?

I got k=2! But some people I know got k=6 :/
Original post by SunDun111
Eh i must of done it completley wrong? i got loads of fractions?

Did you get a and b in part before as like 5/2, and 9/2 (one of them was minus but can't remember which)?

It's the combined total! :-)
Original post by maisym00
I got this too :smile:

is that the same as y=e/(x-1)^0.5(1-ln(4-4x))
Original post by milemed11
just realised i left 0 and 360 in for the trig 5 marker but the range was 0<x<360 lol

Usually they just ignore extra ones not in the range, but I'm wondering if they were being sneaky here.
Original post by maisym00
Uuurgh so annoyed core 3 went really well for me but this didn't. Hope my core 3 ums brings me up to A* :/ For the integration question I got 9/2ln3 -69/2, but this comes up as a negative number.. Have I done it wrong?

It didn't ask for area, so you're fine
Reply 374
Original post by MrMagic12345
Did you get a and b in part before as like 5/2, and 9/2 (one of them was minus but can't remember which)?

yeahh then i got -1 + something -22/3x^2
Original post by WillTwigger
is that the same as y=e/(x-1)^0.5(1-ln(4-4x))

It wanted it in the form of e/ ( f(x) ln (f(x)) or similar, so the f(x) had to be the same.
Original post by Deanjones96
I got that too because I stupidly took the 12e^-2 to the top instead of leaving the 12 on the bottom -.-

yeah that's what I did, I assumed 1/e^-2 = e^2 lol how many marks do you think we lost for that?
Original post by asdgsgh
yeah that's what I did, I assumed 1/e^-2 = e^2 lol how many marks do you think we lost for that?

Probably two - a method mark and an accuracy mark🙄
Original post by milemed11

You and me both :indiff: hopefully wont get penalised too heavily though

it's the average of the two, for instance 85 in c3 and 95 in c4 would still get you an A*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending