The Student Room Group

Edexcel D1 - 17th June, 2016 [Exam discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alipaly23
14 overall, i can't remember the break down of marks though sorry

What did you get for the optimal point?
Original post by AhnafR
Didn't the last question ask for the minimum cost and not the capacity?

No because in part a it already give you inequality about cost so you wouldn't use that also the objective there was a similar question in past paper and it did same thing i did in their context so i think i am right.and the objective also is related to capacity so why would it ask for cost?
Reply 802
Original post by NikolajZ
Yes.

What did you get?
Grade boundary prediction for an E anyone???
Original post by ISAAQAHELP
No because in part a it already give you inequality about cost so you wouldn't use that also the objective there was a similar question in past paper and it did same thing i did in their context so i think i am right.and the objective also is related to capacity so why would it ask for cost?

Didn't it ask for the cost at max capacity?
Reply 805
:frown:
What value of the two traverse nodes did you grt?
Original post by Person18
People are saying they got 50 for the via J for D's algorithm, I think I got 49

think i got 49 as well, 50 was possible but not shortest
Original post by physicsmaths
What was the cost at the end. Also what was chinese postman answer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

dont think u had to say that thought it just said "how many does he need to buy"?

also I got 5 workers minimum bound at time T = 12.5 days
Original post by hyjacked

amen to that if it did
Reply 810
dijikstras- i think 48 and then prims-82.
i am not sure for h via j but some people say its 49
i got 40 cause i only did to j not to h.
cpa- i got 4 worker at 14:00.

Linear programming- 11 standard 4 deluxe max Capacity 17
objective should have been C=x+1.5y there was similar question in past papers.

Route: I got 459 (75 repeated) for part a then 419(start at f finish at b repeat=35)

Bipartite graph: for one mark you have to say there are 2 diff sets X and Y and for the other mark you have to set the arcs dont connect to the an element in the same set.

For Algorithm i got 135 so annoying and took long.
for why not 0.5 as x i said "as you would get negative number at the end since you have to do x=x-1 which = -0.5 so you have to chose 122. and the output was 122*0.5=61.
i am not sure this is right
another reason is that you would have to carry this on indefinitely never giving you answer if you use 0.5.

70/75 at the moment plz say my prim is right.

Think the last question asked fot cost, not capacity. And a lot of people seems to have got 80 for Prim.
is there an unofficial markscheme anywhere

no i dont think so cause you use that when you try to find the right integers 24x+65y<520 and then you right the max capacity
anyways even if i was wrong how many marks would i loose because when i did the method i did write the cost in table.
it is not cost it is capacity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wrong again.

How can you even give capacity when it just gives you their relative capacities (i.e. one being 50% more than the other)

It asked how many of each he should buy
For the very last question I found V as an exact value, then did point testing with integer solutions around it, subbing them back into the inequalities to see if they satisfy. In the end I got 11,4 or something. Then the last part asked for the COST. This really tripped me up and I was about to cross everything out but I then decided to sub 11 and 4 into the cost inequality that you found out in part a) or something, did anyone else get the same?

Also, for the 24y - x => 24 did anyone else get the line going through 0,1, and 24,2? that was the only way to get it on with a gradient of 1/24, please let me know if you put the same.

That's what I saw too. Work out what to get for max capacity and the corresponding cost

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got C=1.5x+y as the objective line and that works cos y was meant to have a capacity 50% bigger and if you plug in values, it works. make c=9 and you'll see
Original post by Ihatemaths666
I literally missed out a good 10 marks just because I ran out of time, however I felt the actual questions wernt hard, hopefully I still got an A

You could get an A, 58/75 for an A last year so you can lose 17 marks and it will probably be the same grade boundaries this year
Reply 818

Yes, i remember getting confused when i saw cost so i just substituted my integer values for V to the cost equation in part a. Is that right? What did you get?
Original post by gekkelekkebekke
For the very last question I found V as an exact value, then did point testing with integer solutions around it, subbing them back into the inequalities to see if they satisfy. In the end I got 11,4 or something. Then the last part asked for the COST. This really tripped me up and I was about to cross everything out but I then decided to sub 11 and 4 into the cost inequality that you found out in part a) or something, did anyone else get the same?

Also, for the 24y - x => 24 did anyone else get the line going through 0,1, and 24,2? that was the only way to get it on with a gradient of 1/24, please let me know if you put the same.

thats right

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending