The Student Room Group

Muslim group urges members to break fast and donate blood after Orlando shootings

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2016/06/muslim_group_to_hold_prayer_se.html

A Metro Detroit Muslim group plans to hold a prayer service Tuesday night for the victims in the Sunday mass shooting in Orlando that left 50 people dead and over 50 people injured.

The Ahmadiyya Muslim Community Center in Rochester Hills will host the service, and is encouraging its members to break fast in order to donate blood for those in need.
Many Muslims abstain from eating or drinking during daylight hours through the Islamic month of Ramadan, which began Sunday.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by 34908seikj
http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2016/06/muslim_group_to_hold_prayer_se.html

A Metro Detroit Muslim group plans to hold a prayer service Tuesday night for the victims in the Sunday mass shooting in Orlando that left 50 people dead and over 50 people injured.

The Ahmadiyya Muslim Community Center in Rochester Hills will host the service, and is encouraging its members to break fast in order to donate blood for those in need.
Many Muslims abstain from eating or drinking during daylight hours through the Islamic month of Ramadan, which began Sunday.

Literally waiting for ISOC members to disagree that Ahmadiyyas are Muslim.
Reply 2
Original post by nucdev

I don't know the difference, is there a difference?
Reply 3

I'll let some ISOC members deal with that :lol:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by nucdev

Who are you and how do you know me? :cookie:
Original post by nucdev

The other guys can probably answer this better. But afaik, some of them believe there was another prophet in the early 20th century after the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) which the majority of Muslims believe is the final prophet. This would probably be kufr (a form of disbelief).

Then again, some of them might not believe this but instead believe this person is the Messiah as well as the Mahdi (a leader to rule the Muslims near the end of the world). Here, I'm not sure if we can call them non-Muslims.

Overall, I wouldn't completely class the entire sect as non-Muslims and make takfir if they claim to be Muslims. The sharia seems to only make takfir on a person individually. So basically, I would still call them Muslims as a whole because they claim to be and share many similar faiths (also because I lack knowledge to think otherwise) but individually, it's possible for them to be classed as non-Muslims in accordance to Islamic law.

Yeah sorry it's all pretty messy^^ :tongue:

Imagine Christianity and the many denominations, Ahmediyyas are a tiny persecuted one who are seen as deviants by the mainstream "denominations".

Either way, props to them for doing this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just different sects of the same overriding religion.

Like Catholics and protestants.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by nucdev

I can't even 😂😂😂😂😂
Reply 9
Original post by DiddyDec
Just different sects of the same overriding religion.

Like Catholics and protestants.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Basically that enmity, on steriods
Original post by nucdev

Thats not really the point of this thread though is it. Regardless of what or who they are, what they are doing is good.

But overall, I still give heaps of respect to them for doing this. Would be nice if more people will see this.
Reply 12
Original post by Cakey_101
Thats not really the point of this thread though is it. Regardless of what or who they are, what they are doing is good.

Of course it's good, but I'm sure that there will be many Muslims who object to Ahmaddiyas being labelled as Muslims in the OP/article. That was my point.

And it's been proved already. See below:

Original post by Mrs.Grey
Ahmaddiyas are not Muslims so they can go sod themselves. Like you believe in a guy called Ahmed not Muhammed so how are you Muslim? You aren't. Zero. Zilch. Nada.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 13

Yes there is. :smile:

The Ahmadiyya Muslim Community is the only Islamic organization to believe that the long-awaited Messiah has come in the person of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad (1835-1908) of Qadian. Ahmad claimed to be the metaphorical second coming of Jesus(as) of Nazareth and the divine guide, whose advent was foretold by the Prophet of Islam, Muhammad(sa). The Ahmadiyya Muslim Community believes that God sent Ahmad, like Jesus(as), to end religious wars, condemn bloodshed and reinstitute morality, justice and peace.

This might help too:
https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-real-difference-between-the-Ahmadiyya-Muslim-sect-and-other-Muslim-sects
Original post by Cakey_101

Telling Muslims to break their fast is good?
Reply 15
Original post by nucdev

Original post by nucdev

**** stirrer :colonhash:

:lol: you have an obsession with the ISOC members :rofl:
Ahmadiyyas ain't muslim.

You dont have to break your fast to give blood, no one is forcing them to. You can give blood after you break your fast.
It's the fact that they're actually helping to try and save lives and to portray Islam in the way it should be.
Ahmaddiyas are not Muslims so they can go sod themselves. Like you believe in a guy called Ahmed not Muhammed so how are you Muslim? You aren't. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

rude much

Yes, absolutely brilliant fasting is near useless and only spiritual, but if your god was a kind god he would excuse you for not fasting if you were helping save someones life, Like when a sikh took off his turban to save a child from drowning or to cradle a child hit by a car. Any good god would not see this as a sin but as someone willing to go against a teaching for the greater good of humanity.

You may not think these are real muslims, but they seem like good people to me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending