The Student Room Group

Edexcel D1 - 17th June, 2016 [Exam discussion]

Scroll to see replies

does anyone reckon that 62 is an A? and also if you get the values of w x y z whatever wrong (one of them) would you get follow through marks for your Gantt chart and scheduling but lose like 1 on each part?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Did you have to simplify 20x + 65y =< 520?

Also I got C=2x+3y. Would this not be right because we aren't given a value for capacity, only relative capacity?

Put that down as well. Should be right, there was no reason not to put that down

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 862
Original post by cocacola212
yh thats what i put originally but when you put into the equation, your y values should be 1.5 times bigger than x values e.g. make c=9 and you'll see. it makes sense

Has it been confirmed that 1.5y + x is (3y + 2x) correct?

Can anyone here please tell me if I will get follow through marks for putting 1.5x + y (3x + 2y)?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 863
I'm sorry, but charting and scheduling 14 activities, over half of the bloody alphabet, was a complete waste of our time and not a test of our mathematical ability.

Other than that question, the paper was very fair.
link for the mark scheme?
objective function was maximise x + 1.5y

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone didn't finish the paper? i feel like there isn't enough time and i couldn't finish the last question...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iMacJack
does anyone reckon that 62 is an A? and also if you get the values of w x y z whatever wrong (one of them) would you get follow through marks for your Gantt chart and scheduling but lose like 1 on each part?

Posted from TSR Mobile

As last year's paper was easier, I would guess around 57 for an A. Cannot be much higher than that
anyone get more than 69/75?
Original post by cocacola212
did anyone get c= 1.5x + y

I did that lol idek if I'm right
Original post by brokeins1
For the y value of V I got 280/59, anyone could confirm or correct me ?

That's exactly what I and most people I know got!!
Original post by Michellelyy
anyone didn't finish the paper? i feel like there isn't enough time and i couldn't finish the last question...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Finished every Past Paper with a good 10/15 + to spare. This one, the CPA and Linear Programming both were time consuming, to add onto the painful Route Inspection and Algorithm. Way too long. Not impressed with Edexcel - not testing mathematical ability but speed.

In the end, skipped over the scheduling (just filled out the critical path basically) and just about finished the Linear Programming although didn't test all the vertices for the last part.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zenphos
If you look at the grade boundaries from edexcel D1 the mark for an A is generally between 60-70 marks. Edexcell have also posted on their website that their grade boundaries are going up across the board, in C1, C2. FP1 ec. I may still be wrong but edecel have been being a bit harsher than usual recently.

show me where they've said that they're raising the boundaries then
Original post by iMacJack

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not sure bout the gradeyes you would get your ft marks but lose A marks
so the paper was bad, i didn't finish. Id say i skipped the last third of q7 and the last half of q8. Luckily a C on this and a decent ums on c3 and c4 should still see me getting an A overall. But idk if i even got a C on this
Original post by roberto1233
For the linear programming i used point testing and found that the highest capacity was when x=12 and y=3 , using C=2x+3y. Then i put it into 20x + 65y to get the cost as £435. (11,4) and (10,5) had lower total capacity so i dont think they are correct if anyone used them. For the algorithm one why did people do 122x0.5 i didnt see y being 0.5 anywhere on the question so i used the value of y in the table which was 5 right? then did 122x5 to get 610, is this correct.

the two input values were 122 and 0.5? therefore one of them was x and one of them was y
Original post by Waffles15
the two input values were 122 and 0.5? therefore one of them was x and one of them was y
oh lol
Original post by brokeins1
Not sure bout the gradeyes you would get your ft marks but lose A marks

last year 58/75 was an A, it might be around there this year if not probs a little lower
I'm just glad this is over now. I hated this module more than anything :|

Thank goodness my college put D1 as the A2 module instead of AS...
Anyone remember lengths of Prims questions individually, I know it's too much to ask but anyone ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending