The Student Room Group

Muslim group urges members to break fast and donate blood after Orlando shootings

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Mrs.Grey
Telling Muslims to break their fast is good?

Nah, they shouldn't, right? It could anger 'allah'. Who cares about some victims, let them bleed to death. What a little extremist you are *rolls eyes*
Reply 21
Telling Muslims to break their fast is good?

But they are calling for them to donate blood, and help save lives, is that not worth breaking fast for?
Original post by AperfectBalance
Yes, absolutely brilliant fasting is near useless and only spiritual, but if your god was a kind god he would excuse you for not fasting if you were helping save someones life, Like when a sikh took off his turban to save a child from drowning or to cradle a child hit by a car. Any good god would not see this as a sin but as someone willing to go against a teaching for the greater good of humanity.

You may not think these are real muslims, but they seem like good people to me

Your opinion and Muslims vary, some may do things while others may not lmao. Never said they're not good people, they can be good people but they're not Muslim. Like legit not Muslim because to be a Muslim you have to believe that there is only one God and he has no other partners and Muhammad (pbuh) was his messanger and he's the last prophet. LIKE THAT'S IT, if you believe that, you're technically Muslim and Ahmadiyyas don't so they're not. Simples.
Reply 23
Wait i just read again and they are encouraging to break fast....not sure about this. :s-smilie:
Your opinion and Muslims vary, some may do things while others may not lmao. Never said they're not good people, they can be good people but they're not Muslim. Like legit not Muslim because to be a Muslim you have to believe that there is only one God and he has no other partners and Muhammad (pbuh) was his messanger and he's the last prophet. LIKE THAT'S IT, if you believe that, you're technically Muslim and Ahmadiyyas don't so they're not. Simples.

Fasting is more important than helping save lives, Pff selfish
Original post by Ciel.
Nah, they shouldn't, right? It could anger 'allah'. Who cares about some victims, let them bleed to death. What a little extremist you are *rolls eyes*

Uhm what? I never said they shouldn't give blood, they can do that but breaking their fast isn't good. They can give blood later, if you know what I mean.
Reply 26
Original post by nucdev
:rofl:
Because I love watching their debates :lol:
Which reminds me, I was supposed to out you for something on the ISOC thread :beard:
:toofunny:

Ahem ahem ahem (fake cough ensues) watching or reading? :tongue:
Out me? Urrrrrrrrr how about no? Shhhhhhhh go to sleep NucDev. Shhhhhh.

Spoiler

Original post by 34908seikj
But they are calling for them to donate blood, and help save lives, is that not worth breaking fast for?

Saving lives is one thing and breaking fast is another. In my opinion, no, they could defo give blood after they break the fast tbh.
Original post by cupcakes87
rude much

Rude for stating facts? :s-smilie: Alrighty then.
Reply 29
Uhm what? I never said they shouldn't give blood, they can do that but breaking their fast isn't good. They can give blood later, if you know what I mean.

'Later'. Ok.. but 'later' will be a bit too late, won't it.....
When will the Jehovah's Witnesses?
Rude for stating facts? :s-smilie: Alrighty then.

you said:

Ahmaddiyas are not Muslims so they can go sod themselves.

rude much
Reply 32
Original post by h333
Wait i just read again and they are encouraging to break fast....not sure about this. :s-smilie:

Yeah, they're saying to break the fast to give blood. Tbh they're probably just saying what everyone wants to hear. In my opinion, they can do it after Ramadan or something but they shouldn't break their fast.

Yep :tongue:
Reply 33
Saving lives is one thing and breaking fast is another. In my opinion, no, they could defo give blood after they break the fast tbh.

One who has no blood cannot simply wait... Or at least in need of blood.
All these posts saying , oo your letting them to bleed to death? Are you retarded there are millions of people who can give bood. Obviously if someone is dieing and you have to give blood , then it's common sense to break fast.
Reply 35
Original post by ZuluK
Ahem ahem ahem (fake cough ensues) watching or reading? :tongue:
Out me? Urrrrrrrrr how about no? Shhhhhhhh go to sleep NucDev. Shhhhhh.

Spoiler

Third option - observing from the sidelines :lol:
Urrrr how about yes :tongue:

Spoiler

Original post by cupcakes87
you said:

rude much

Ohhhhhh :laugh: I guess so.
Original post by Ciel.
'Later'. Ok.. but 'later' will be a bit too late, won't it.....

Not necessarily, at least they're trying to help tbh which is more than what others are doing. She means you dont have to break your fast just to give blood, some people are still giving blood while fasting. Also you can always give blood once the fast is broken.
Reply 38
Original post by ZuluK
Yeah, they're saying to break the fast to give blood. Tbh they're probably just saying what everyone wants to hear. In my opinion, they can do it after Ramadan or something but they shouldn't break their fast.

Agree, seems like it.They should wait until have broken their fast, if they really want to donate blood. Unless one needs it urgently there and then.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 39
Original post by nucdev
Third option - observing from the sidelines :lol:
Urrrr how about yes :tongue:

Spoiler

Loool I always take the third option... It's fun and you have popcorn (obvs not now cuz I'm fasting :wink: )

Urrrr how about no??? 😘

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending