The Student Room Group

AQA Physics unit 2

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by TheDragonGuy
Huh? I don't remember this question in the slightest. Please don't say I missed a question...

It was elastic potential

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bulletzone
I can guarantee the fixed Resistance of Resistor A was 200 Ohmes.

Are you sure? I was pretty confident it was 600 ohms. When the resistance of the variable resistor was 600 ohms, both resistors had the same potential difference. Since current must have been the same for both of them (they were in series), their resistance must have been the same since they had the same V and the same I and V=IR.
Reply 162
what the hell is a brown dwarf star??? also i thought id done the pull ups questions right but now i realise ive completely messed it up..... at least i might have got a mark for putting the units... cant remember if that was actually part of the question though
Original post by WillCrowe00
I think the answer was elastic potential. The question was something like: "When work is done to extend the spring, the energy is stored as .............. ................"

Oooooh I remember now. When he said two boxes I assumed he meant physical boxes, not fill in the gaps in a sentence. My bad. At least I know I got that mark :biggrin:
Reply 164
anyone have realistic predicted grade boundaries?
I am confused. What was the ultrasound question? Did I miss a question out?
Original post by zeldor711
It asked for the speed. It gave the time for it to go there and back, but only the one way distance so you had to double it.

What was this question? I don't remember it.
Original post by SmithAmelia
Yes therefore you have to divide this by 2 to get the real distance right, and not the double distance right?

no the distance was correct it was the time that you should've halved, so would have been 0.04 / 25 x 10^6
Original post by trollface54
For the ultrasound q wasn't it the speed between detector a and b
So because they give you the distance 4.0 cm you divide by 2 and convert into metres
Then divide by 50*10^-16
I got 4oom/s

No, you had to find the time like you did, but they gave you the distance to reach the baby from the outerskin, so you don't halve this distance just convert to 0.04m. you half the time that it took, so you would get 25 x 10^6, which you then do 0.04 / 25 x 10^6 to get 1600 m/s
Ladies and lads, after much searching, I have found an unofficial mark scheme. It is completely $hite but it seems to be the best out there. http://gcseanswers.co.uk/physics

Enjoy

EDIT: Link doesn't seem to work - I've added screenshots aswell.
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
image.png
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Kinnybin
Woah that paper was intense despite my thorough revision. The calculations were really weird! In the oil ball bearer question, was "less than" the right answer?

That's what I put (did foundation btw)
Predicted grade boundies
C-20 (it was 19 last year )
B-29
A 36 (it was 36 last year also )
A* 44
Original post by WillCrowe00
Are you sure? I was pretty confident it was 600 ohms. When the resistance of the variable resistor was 600 ohms, both resistors had the same potential difference. Since current must have been the same for both of them (they were in series), their resistance must have been the same since they had the same V and the same I and V=IR.

It was definitely 600 ohms
The last question was 1850 (upward force) - 840 (force downwards of weight) divided by 84. Answer is not 22. Anyone who got 22 did not find the resultant force they simply used the force acting upwards but forgot that the weight of the jet pack and man was a force too. 1850-840/84 <~~~simpler to understand:smile:
Original post by dhruvap
The last question was 1850 (upward force) - 840 (force downwards of weight) divided by 84. Answer is not 22. Anyone who got 22 did not find the resultant force they simply used the force acting upwards but forgot that the weight of the jet pack and man was a force too. 1850-840/84 <~~~simpler to understand:smile:

No. Because the mass of the person and jet pack is used in the equation. The answer was 22
Reply 175
Original post by Dana22
I got 200 and the 120,000 aswell, i think
what was the question for the 120,000 answer?
Original post by etata
I did!!

F***. I got 1600 then changed it to 800. How many marks will I lose? And how many marks was it out of?
hey guys, got a markscheme going on: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4171902
help would be appreciated
Original post by Brewah
That exam was hard!

I think I messed up all the calculations.

Did anyone remember getting these?

600 Ohms for resistance
0.015 Amps
400 Joules
100 Newtons
84 Kg
22 m/s^2

cann you please tell me what i'll get overall if I got A in unit 1, A in my ISA but a B in unit 2 and a C in unit 3. will I have a chance of getting an A overall?
Ah, I understand the acceleration bit now. It said the upwards force was 1850N. I assumed that just meant the upwards force from the water and that you had to take gravity into account to calculate the resultant force. Did they actually mean the overall resultant force which was pushing up?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending