The Student Room Group

Who is curious to see TSR office woo

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zargabaath
Yeah but you have no real power and influence over the site, other then dealing with rule breaking content. (As far as I'm aware). That's what the above poster is trying to say.

It's best that we don't get into this tbh, the original topic is so much more interesting! See what jenhasdreams said for more info if you need any. :smile:
Original post by Kiniun
more of noob compared to you, I'm still getting used to the format :lol:

aha :h: everyone is allowed on this thread :cute: x
Original post by Zargabaath
Yeah but you have no real power and influence over the site, other then dealing with rule breaking content. (As far as I'm aware). That's what the above poster is trying to say.

Articles, competitions and moderation (To an extent) can come from us and is what the above poster stated.
Original post by themechguy
but none of these people are represented in the staff.

With all due respect, they don't have to be.
Original post by MrDystopia
With all due respect, they don't have to be.

Of course they don't, but when representations of different groups of people is such an important factor in many aspects of society, it leads one to question why it wouldn't be similar at TSR.
For example certain groups being underrepresented in the workplace.

We're the people that use the site the most.
Of course they don't, but when representations of different groups of people is such an important factor in many aspects of society, it leads one to question why it wouldn't be similar at TSR.
For example certain groups being underrepresented in the workplace.

We're the people that use the site the most.

I agree, but the people who are paid to run the site have all had that experience too, being a student, going through university etc. It isn't like they've employed people with zero experience. That is why, in my eyes, it matters very little. They've had that experience, they utilise volunteers going through it currently (As shown by the many volunteer staff members who are of university age), and as such that representation is adequate.
Original post by jenhasdreams
Nothing to stop you applying for jobs if you're 18+ and meet the job requirements (I'm honestly not sure if we hire 16-18 year olds - we've definitely had 18 year old interns before though.) We certainly don't discriminate by age - the average age of staff at the company is pretty young really compared to most offices :smile:

That makes sense - thank you!
However I'm still unsure as to why under 18 year olds aren't allowed to be hired by TSR - it's perfectly legal and it's an ideal job for any technologically enthused or community minded youngster who has gone through or is currently going through the same exams and processes as the other people on the website.
(edited 7 years ago)
We should do an open day!
Original post by MrDystopia
I agree, but the people who are paid to run the site have all had that experience too, being a student, going through university etc. It isn't like they've employed people with zero experience. That is why, in my eyes, it matters very little. They've had that experience, they utilise volunteers going through it currently (As shown by the many volunteer staff members who are of university age), and as such that representation is adequate.

Ok - let me put it this way. You're picking people as role models for youths in the community - do you pick people with whom the youths identify presently, or people older than them who albeit may have gone through the same experiences but did so in the past.
Original post by Captain Jack

:sly:

Spoiler

And maybe a trip to the beach afterwards..!11
Ok - let me put it this way. You're picking people as role models for youths in the community - do you pick people with whom the youths identify presently, or people older than them who albeit may have gone through the same experiences but did so in the past.

That's irrelevant. As Jen has stated, there's nothing to stop one of a younger age applying for a role/job at TSR. I just don't see why, like many other workplaces, it's a surprise that you would be beaten to said job by someone slightly older who has more qualifications/experience.
x

Few 17-year-olds have my PHP and syrup-consuming skills.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by DiddyDec
You have come to the wrong place then.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But people can't see my thread in AtCT, apart from the moderators...

OMG :woo: that would be great :top:
but its 2 hours away from my house :sigh:
Original post by longsight
Few 17-year-olds have my PHP and syrup-consuming skills.

What kind, maple? I'm game.
x

I think you are underrating what people do and what you're saying doesn't come across in the best way...

We hire based on experience and qualifications - age has nothing to do with it.
(edited 7 years ago)
I think you are underrating what people do and what you're saying doesn't come across in the best way...

We hire based on experience and qualifications - age has nothing to do with it.

I apologise if I'm simplifying peoples' jobs, I'm not intending to cause any offence!
So can anybody of any legal working age apply for a job at TSR provided they meet the qualification requirements?

And you think that's the kind of responsible, adult role model that promotes healthy eating within young people that TSR should hire?
(no offence)

Riiiiight...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending