The Student Room Group

Muslim group urges members to break fast and donate blood after Orlando shootings

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mrs.Grey
Ok, I don't understand how Ahmaddiyas are Muslims in the first place but I guess it's just my opinion then. Not saying I don't sin because I've sinned more than I can count but specifically this "sect" of Islam isn't Muslim. I have never said to anyone that any other sect of Islam was wrong or not Muslim but I don't see how this one is?

My point is you have no authority, power or right to much such claims. For none of us can judge who is Muslim.

The part about other sects is clear, just see what typical Sunni scholars say about other sects in Islam.
Reply 61
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I just did dude. But I shall do it again

Allah's Apostle said, "Whoever prays like us and faces our Qibla and eats our slaughtered animals is a Muslim and is under Allah's and His Apostle's protection. So do not betray Allah by betraying those who are in His protection."Found in: Prayers (Salat)

This isn't a Qur'an verse for a start.

You are misusing a hadith for your own purposes. I think Epicureans the one who commonly misuses this one. And it's fairly sad (and desperate).

In any case, all anyone has to do is point out a difference in their prayer (which a lot of Muslims will have no trouble in doing) and they can label them non-Muslims technically :teehee: If you want to misuse a quote, remember others can too. Like I just did.
Ahmaddiyas are not Muslims so they can go sod themselves. Like you believe in a guy called Ahmed not Muhammed so how are you Muslim? You aren't. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

What a lovely way to talk about people willing to give blood.

Telling Muslims to break their fast is good?

Literally nothing would happen though. Zero. Zilch. Nada.
to be a Muslim you have to believe that there is only one God and he has no other partners and Muhammad (pbuh) was his messanger and he's the last prophet. LIKE THAT'S IT.

Do you mind posting the source for this, because, if you want to produce a cut-and-dried, technical definition for being a Muslim, surely there are more requirements than what you posted above.
Original post by Scythia

You are misusing a hadith for your own purposes. I think Epicureans the one who commonly misuses this one. And it's fairly sad (and desperate).

In any case, all anyone has to do is point out a difference in their prayer (which a lot of Muslims will have no trouble in doing) and they can label them non-Muslims technically :teehee: If you want to misuse a quote, remember others can too. Like I just did.

Oh yes I'll admit that was a mistake on my part. I mentioned it was a Hadith later on. Nevertheless, it is looked at by Muslims isn't it?

Can you please explain how I'm misusing it?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 65
Ok, I don't understand how Ahmaddiyas are Muslims in the first place but I guess it's just my opinion then. Not saying I don't sin because I've sinned more than I can count but specifically this "sect" of Islam isn't Muslim. I have never said to anyone that any other sect of Islam was wrong or not Muslim but I don't see how this one is?

It isn't your opinion.The ahadmiyya are not Muslim. It is fact.

The deobandi scholars call them non-Muslims, the salafis do the same, the barevlis do the same. etc...etc...

Don't let these ignorant people persuade you into thinking you're wrong because you're not. Every legimate scholar would back you here, whereas they'd probably facepalm at the other person.
Original post by DiddyDec
Nobody is forcing anyone to give blood. It was a polite suggestion if you felt that way inclined.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The suggestion is fine, it's a good gesture. But I'd to hate see it as a must in the future.

Like how some people demand every Muslim to apologise and make a statement opposing an attack.
Funny how some members of the ISOC openly choose the word of scholars (who can easily make mistakes) over the "word of God".

Quite literally showing a Quranic verse in their face and they say its wrong. Tut tut.

Ahmadis are honestly some of the loveliest people I've ever met tbh. I just find it sad how they're not even allowed to go to Saudi Arabia because they aren't considered real Muslims.

Seeing the views of scholars in my humble opinion is harmless, but when you blindly follow them, the issue arises. Unfortunately, those who blindly follow "scholars" are often the ones that are plastered along with the word Islam.

There are many verses that often go amiss by Muslims, including myself, however I am strongly against the notion that anyone can just decide who is a muslim, when they themselves could be condemned by God.

For even Joseph ( main prophet of God ) said: "Allow me to die as a Muslim" in the Quran. What hope is there for others...

Indeed, they're really nice people, that's what makes all this even worse.
Original post by popo111
How you have the audacity to make such a claim to beyond me.

It is humorous when I see such muslims condemn virtually every other sect of Islam, but when discussing other muslim "examples of the past", they always say : "Oh, we can't judge them, we leave judgment to God"...

The very same muslims who call almost all other sects " non muslims" are the ones ironically committing various sins, not to mention often the greater ones.

Only God can judge, for only He is Master of the Day of Judgment.

I agree!
Original post by MildredMalone
What a lovely way to talk about people willing to give blood.

Literally nothing would happen though. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

Interesting how she was more focused on the religion rather than the good deed.

Original post by popo111
Seeing the views of scholars in my humble opinion is harmless, but when you blindly follow them, the issue arises. Unfortunately, those who blindly follow "scholars" are often the ones that are plastered along with the word Islam.

There are many verses that often go amiss by Muslims, including myself, however I am strongly against the notion that anyone can just decide who is a muslim, when they themselves could be condemned by God.

For even Joseph ( main prophet of God ) said: "Allow me to die as a Muslim" in the Quran. What hope is there for others...

Indeed, they're really nice people, that's what makes all this even worse.

Blindly following scholars is a huge problem. Some Muslims who do blindly follow them say they can think for themselves but honestly can't.

In my old school, they had a separate prayer rooms for Ahmadis during Ramadan just because other Muslims didn't want to pray with them. Was disgusting asf. Ahmadis are viewed as pretty much the only sect in Islam that are compatible with the West.
Original post by Lord Samosa
The suggestion is fine, it's a good gesture. But I'd to hate see it as a must in the future.

Like how some people demand every Muslim to apologise and make a statement opposing an attack.

Peiple make stupid suggestions all the time.
Original post by Scythia

Can you explain how this is a misuse of hadith?
Not trying to be rude or anything but who on Earth are you to decide they aren't real Muslims? Ahmadis are the most peaceful sect of Islam and is arguably pretty much the only sect compatible with the West and yet they get called traitors to their religion.

It's alright :smile: and I'm no one lmao but this is just what I believe and I share this believe with many others generally because of what they believe. Not judging them on who they are but just what they believe.
Original post by Scythia

Its only fair he gets to defend himself.
Reply 74
Oh yes I'll admit that was a mistake on my part. Nevertheless, it is looked at by Muslims isn't it?

Can you please explain how I'm misusing it?

You're taking something by itself (and probably out of the context in which the companion said it) and giving an Islamic ruling from it. Scholars look at all the authentic hadith and give rulings based on everything. That is why Muslims go to them and ask. A person can pray. They can pray in the right direction. They can also eat meat. But if they hold certain beliefs or commit certain actions, they're out of Islam.
[QUOTE=MrsSheldonCooper;65877092
In my old school, they had a separate prayer rooms for Ahmadis during Ramadan just because other Muslims didn't want to pray with them. Was disgusting asf. Ahmadis are viewed as pretty much the only sect in Islam that are compatible with the West.

Don't be shocked, this is the same for Shias
Reply 76
Original post by mil88
Can you explain how this is a misuse of hadith?

She(and other non-Muslims) always use it in an attempt to legitimate some non-Muslims as Muslims.

We know quite well that some actions take a person out of Islam, irregardless of if they pray, pray facing qibla or eat halal meat.
Reply 77
Telling Muslims to break their fast is good?

Absolutely.

You could even go one better and tell them to get a better hobby like knitting or something.
Original post by JC.
Absolutely.

You could even go one better and tell them to get a better hobby like knitting or something.

I crochet :biggrin:
Reply 79
Original post by Kadak
Its only fair he gets to defend himself.

Why would you think I would waste time with him? I've been through this before. Epicurean a master of waffling 2000 word count of garbage and misusing Islamic text. It's obvious from his rambles about homosexuality :tongue:

I just think you, as a Qadiani, can't defend yourself on this thread, so you're resorting to asking non-Muslims(ironically the ones who mock/oppose Islam day in day out, for help).
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending