The Student Room Group

Edexcel D1 - 17th June, 2016 [Exam discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by boyyo
Not harder, but too much to do in 90 minutes

I definitely thought it was by far the hardest D1 paper I've seen. Everything was challenging, not really any light relief throughout. Too much to do and the questions were consistently difficult.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got 80 for prims, but I'm by no means certain
Original post by Nikhilm
There seems to still be controversy over (82 or 80 for Prims) and (11 and 4 or 9 and 5 for linear programming). Need more people saying their answers
Original post by Nikhilm
There seems to still be controversy over (82 or 80 for Prims) and (11 and 4 or 9 and 5 for linear programming). Need more people saying their answers

Reply 923
Original post by Nikhilm
I got 10 and 4 ahaha you had to round down I'm sure cos it was 10. Something and I got 80
Original post by hogree
I definitely thought it was by far the hardest D1 paper I've seen. Everything was challenging, not really any light relief throughout. Too much to do and the questions were consistently difficult.

Posted from TSR Mobile

hopefully grade boundaries are around 57-59 for an A
Reply 925
Original post by hogree

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yhh true, the flow chart one pissed me of so much, it was so wierd and pointless
Reply 926
Hello! Just finished the D1 exam; it went well aside from the scheduling and gant diagrams. I have one quick question about the last question, the answer was 480 but in the exam I got a bit confused with this answer as since the person had a budget of £525 surely with the £45 he has left over he can just buy more storage units and thus receive more capacity?
How many marks was Prim worth?
Reply 928
Original post by Nikhilm

No more than 3 I think.

How much was linear programming worth? Someone please please answer
Original post by Nikhilm

Either 3 or 4. Most likely 3
Original post by Ec0n
Hello! Just finished the D1 exam; it went well aside from the scheduling and gant diagrams. I have one quick question about the last question, the answer was 480 but in the exam I got a bit confused with this answer as since the person had a budget of £525 surely with the £45 he has left over he can just buy more storage units and thus receive more capacity?

budget was 520! but yeah i got 11 standard 4 deluxe at a price of 480 too but I went with my brain and left it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _newbe
I got 10 and 4 ahaha you had to round down I'm sure cos it was 10. Something and I got 80

For 4 you have to round down, yes, but not 10 since it goes up in a different scale. 5 tiny boxes on the graph is worth 2 standard boxes or something. Definitely 11/4
Original post by pecora
No more than 3 I think.

entire linear programming question was 14 marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 933
80 and 11 and 4
Original post by iMacJack
budget was 520! but yeah i got 11 standard 4 deluxe at a price of 480 too but I went with my brain and left it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Ec0n

Do remember there were other constraints aside from the cost one :tongue:
Original post by pecora
No more than 3 I think.

14 marks in total and thanks
Original post by Ec0n

The aim wasn't to maximise expenditure. It was to maximise storage space without going over any of the constraints.

That's why i think grade boundaries will drop, they decided to mix things up. The right answer (whatever it is) may not be the one that spent the most money
Reply 937
Original post by Student403
For 4 you have to round down, yes, but not 10 since it goes up in a different scale. 5 tiny boxes on the graph is worth 2 standard boxes or something. Definitely 11/4
but if it was the optimal point at 10.8 or whatever it would have to be lower as that is the maximum just wondering
Original post by GarlicBread01
I did that whole paper in pencil, what happens if some parts dont get scanned? Can the examiner pull out the real paper?

It doesn't really matter if you did it in pencil or pen. All of the pages will be scanned and if it doesn't come up clearly on the examiner's screen, they chase it up and find the real paper. They can also darken their screens to make any markings more visible.
****ed up calculating float (thought it was 0) for one activity. Assuming everything else was right, how many marks would I lose?

I don't think I'll lose any for the 3rd and 4th parts to that question as the activity fit on the end of the first worker anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending