The Student Room Group

WJEC C3/C4 8th/17th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Okay, thoughts on today's C4 paper?
It wasn't awful...I messed up part a of the trig question, totally messed up the volume question. What did anyone get for t in the differential question?
Original post by StrattonOakmont
It wasn't awful...I messed up part a of the trig question, totally messed up the volume question. What did anyone get for t in the differential question?

T=10yrs seems to be what most people had. Imo difficult qs were :
Implicit - find coordinates where gradient of tangent = -2
Tan x cubic - i used factor theorem
Diff eqns - just awkward rearranging
Volume of rev - spotting 2sinxcox = sin2x to integrate

Posted from TSR Mobile
What was the variable in te vector line? It was p=10?
What did people get for the U substitution?
Well i'm not surprised every other exam paper for WJEC has been no different. Nothing but ******** it went ok for me but that was unnecessary your supposed to see if we can do what 1+1 is instead it was basically what is ((52x67)/-1/46) x e^9-K=0 this, this is what university should be teaching us not WJEC you might as well get a job with A levels if that's the case.
Reply 286
I really didn't like this paper 😕

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by StrattonOakmont
What did people get for the U substitution?

I think I got 2.53 recurring 35/something
Original post by Hopefulmedic15
I think I got 2.53 recurring 35/something

Yes I got that also. 38/15 I think it was. You had to spot the du/sec²x and cos²x cancelled to give the integral (√u)/5 {with limits}

Posted from TSR Mobile
what did everyone get for the partial fractions?
Right tbh I feel like it was really similar to the 2012 paper.

Could someone explain how to do the tan factorisation and can we really be bther with gradient -2
Original post by 98matt
T=10yrs seems to be what most people had. Imo difficult qs were :
Implicit - find coordinates where gradient of tangent = -2
Tan x cubic - i used factor theorem
Diff eqns - just awkward rearranging
Volume of rev - spotting 2sinxcox = sin2x to integrate

Posted from TSR Mobile

what did you get for the partial fractions??
hated the paper, but I hate C4 so that was inevitable. I find it so much more difficult than the rest of the maths A level
Original post by welshgirl000
what did you get for the partial fractions??

I honestly can't remember sorry - it was nothing too tricky, much like every past paper tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Last year you could have dropped 15 marks and got 100UMS. I'm hoping for similar this year, I think the paper was as hard if not more.
Original post by 98matt
I honestly can't remember sorry - it was nothing too tricky, much like every past paper tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

no worries, i had some odd answers!
Original post by jwstarfish
Last year you could have dropped 15 marks and got 100UMS. I'm hoping for similar this year, I think the paper was as hard if not more.

The ums boundaries are probably going to be extremely similar to 2015 ones so getting an A* is actually very manageable :smile:
Original post by welshgirl000
what did everyone get for the partial fractions?

I'm pretty sure B was -3 A was 5 and C was 1.
Original post by jwstarfish

It will be different this time usually half way 1 mark is 1 UMS and more than half marks would be 2 UMS each mark.
But since people have done so badly half way 1 mark = 2UMS and more than half will probably be 3 UMS per mark. So if you had 30 marks that would give you 90UMS.
Original post by Chemistry Master
I'm pretty sure B was -3 A was 5 and C was 1.

thankyou i deffo got that wrong then haha, i had 3 and 20 and 10/3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending