The Student Room Group

Possibly wrote wrong centre number

Hi,

I sat my first A2 exam last Wednesday, did English yesterday and sat Biology today. When I've done past papers in the past, I always wrote the right centre number. Today when I sat down to do Biology, I accidentally switched two of the numbers and can't remember if I did the same thing for the other two exams I sat. I'm pretty sure I wrote the right centre number, but in case I didn't, will I still get my results?

I spoke to one of the invigilators and they said it was sent off with the other papers, but they can't do anything now because it's been sent off already. I couldn't find my head of year and the invigilator said it would probably be okay.

I got the right candidate number and my name, but is there anything else I should do at this point?
(edited 7 years ago)
If sent in the same batch, i'm sure it will be fine.
Original post by 2016_GCSE
If sent in the same batch, i'm sure it will be fine.

I hope so anyway. I might go in and see my head of year just in case.
You do not need to worry. All of the exam scripts for each exam are checked against a register of entries (centre number is already on the register) that is sent from the exam board with every students name and candidate number that have been entered for that specific exam. The exams officer has to tick each completed exam paper against the register which is signed and the maste r copy is enclosed in with the exam papers which go to the exam board. The label for the package is also sent preprinted from the exam board which also has the centre numer on it along with the exam code and date of exam.
You would be surprised just how many students get the basic information incorrect on their exam paper and all is fine because there are systems in place for this type of thing.
Original post by Slopertrabant
You do not need to worry. All of the exam scripts for each exam are checked against a register of entries (centre number is already on the register) that is sent from the exam board with every students name and candidate number that have been entered for that specific exam. The exams officer has to tick each completed exam paper against the register which is signed and the maste r copy is enclosed in with the exam papers which go to the exam board. The label for the package is also sent preprinted from the exam board which also has the centre numer on it along with the exam code and date of exam.
You would be surprised just how many students get the basic information incorrect on their exam paper and all is fine because there are systems in place for this type of thing.

Thank you! This has really reassured me. I'm pretty sure that I didn't write the wrong centre number but the little mistake on todays paper just got me thinking and I think I'm worrying for no reason. But this has really helped.
I don't think I made this clear but when I wrote the wrong centre number today it was before I started writing, so I just got given a new paper. It's the other two exams I'm worried about.
Dont worry I realised that they had already been sent off to the exam board from your post, the reply I gave covers that senario. If exam boards only went by what was written on the front of the papers by students there would be hundreds of mix ups due to errors from students, entries are a bit more complex than Jose people realise. Honestly do not worry 😃
FYI I work in exams.
Original post by Slopertrabant
Dont worry I realised that they had already been sent off to the exam board from your post, the reply I gave covers that senario. If exam boards only went by what was written on the front of the papers by students there would be hundreds of mix ups due to errors from students, entries are a bit more complex than Jose people realise. Honestly do not worry 😃
FYI I work in exams.

Thank you! You've really helped a lot and I feel a lot better know. I'll double check that I get everything right in the last three exams I have.
Reply 8
Did you get your results later on?
Reply 9
Did you get your results later on?

Quick Reply

Latest