The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics Pure Core 4 MPC4 - 17th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Crespo0008
I did the same but don't think it is right

You still need to multiply by 3/2 as it's the differential of (3x/2) (chain rule).

This gives you the k=6. But it's the wrong method anyway, specifically stated implicitly.
Reply 601
at least the rest was correct meh, i'll get follow through marks if anything.
Is there an unofficial mark scheme yet?
Why is it 330 instead of 331? The answer was 330.xxxx
Meaning that on the 331 will be the half life as on exactly 330 it would stills be above its half life
Original post by Mario!360NoScop3
Meaning that on the 331 will be the half life as on exactly 330 it would stills be above its half life

To the nearest day
Original post by Mario!360NoScop3

It didn't ask for the first day in which you're above the half life. It just asked for the half life to the nearest day, and the nearest whole day to the half life is day 330.
Original post by duleep
Im really worried because the grade boundaries for this are gonna be really high!!:bricks::bricks:

Dw, I don't think they'll be THAT high (certainly lower than last year's, in which there weren't really any tough questions). Obviously TSR is full of the students of higher calibre but twitter is going mental about how difficult it was
WE have a mark scheme but do we have a question list?
Original post by GEEKSruletheworld!
Anyone else run out of time? I didn't even get a chance to attempt Question 7 and 8 properly :frown:

Yep. I almost always run out of time in exams
Original post by GEEKSruletheworld!
Anyone else run out of time? I didn't even get a chance to attempt Question 7 and 8 properly :frown:

I ran out of time too :frown: Rushed Q8 and only got to write about 2 lines for the last vector part.
I think the paper was nice to question 6, but I suspect that a lot of people will lose silly marks, and in terms of difficulty, I wouldn't say it was easier than last year. However, after the shambles of Core 3 I think we're all just happy it wasn't a hard paper.

I reckon the boundaries will be:

60 A*
54 A
48 C
Can you guys tell me how many marks you think I might lose for forgetting that sin3y was positive and for accidentally writing 3/4 instead of 3/2 for the expansion. I'm thinking 2 marks for forgetting the negative and probably 3/4 marks for the expansion. So I'm sitting at around 69/70
Reply 612
The other bit thought was question 7 part c like what was that even about i had no idea, I got it in the form y = but that was it.
I'm going to need literally full UMS or something in M1 if I wanna get that A. Especially because I don't have a hope for M2 or D2. Goodbye KCL, the false hope was fun while it lasted :frown:
Original post by hi-zen-berg
C3 35-40 raw
C4 ~ 55 raw

UMS predictions anyone?, thanks

Core 3: 50-60 UMS
Core 4: 75-85 UMS
Original post by snimkar
The other bit thought was question 7 part c like what was that even about i had no idea, I got it in the form y = but that was it.

They got you to rearrange for e^3t in the part before. y was (e^3t)/2t so you just subbed in what you found. Then you had to take logs of what you had for e^3t to find what t was and sub it into your equation for y, replacing the 2t, and then it came out in the form they wanted.
Original post by duleep
Im really worried because the grade boundaries for this are gonna be really high!!:bricks::bricks:

I thought the same thing as I found it pretty easy, however looking objectively now, there were loads of opportunities for mistakes and not many people managed to do the last part of differential question as well as the last part of vectors. Many people I know gave up on putting stuff into the specified form also. So I'd say they would be same as the last year's.
Reply 617
Original post by jake4198
I think the paper was nice to question 6, but I suspect that a lot of people will lose silly marks, and in terms of difficulty, I wouldn't say it was easier than last year. However, after the shambles of Core 3 I think we're all just happy it wasn't a hard paper.

I reckon the boundaries will be:

60 A*
54 A
48 C

No way they will be that low, it was a challenging paper but nothing beyond what students should be able to do. Id expect that kind of boundary for core 3 if anything but for this paper it will probably be 64 for an A* then increments of 6 for the following grades.
Reply 618
Original post by jake4198
Core 3: 50-60 UMS
Core 4: 75-85 UMS

Same for core 3 but core4-70
Original post by snimkar
No way they will be that low, it was a challenging paper but nothing beyond what students should be able to do. Id expect that kind of boundary for core 3 if anything but for this paper it will probably be 64 for an A* then increments of 6 for the following grades.

The boundaries for Core 4 have constantly been around 55-60 for an A*, with last year being the only exception as it was a fairly nice paper without any big questions where students would have lost a lot of marks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending