The Student Room Group

Edexcel D1 - 17th June, 2016 [Exam discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Were the exact coordinates x = 624/59, y = 280/59?
[QUOTE="Nuggetsarelife;65877880"]
Original post by lotterydiscovery
Any chance you can remember any of the arcs you listed or weights that added up to 80? Long shot i know :/[/QUOTE

NO WAY!😂

Lol!! AB=5 was the last or the second last
Original post by _newbe
I'm guessing aswel cos I don't know the markscheme your going on like you wrote the paper nothing worse than when people go on like cocky idiots on the student room to put others down about an exam I was simply only asking regardless it is like a mark on the paper

I'm not putting you down at all. I'm sorry if it didn't go as well as you hoped,

And no I'm not going on like I wrote the paper. I told you how to do the question and you took it personally.
Original post by Nikhilm

I got the 280/59 for y (drived from x) stored in my calculator so yes 👍
Original post by hellomynameisr
was this harder than last years for real?

not harder as such, just much more time pressured..last years paper was relatively easy
6 you?
Reply 966
Original post by Student403
I'm not putting you down at all. I'm sorry if it didn't go as well as you hoped,

And no I'm not going on like I wrote the paper. I told you how to do the question and you took it personally.
oh sorry that's my bad it was fine only thing was I ran out of time so had to rush the last question so didn't check the graph
Original post by Nikhilm

hope so lol
Reply 968
I did all the past papers from the last 10years for my revision and this one was by far the worst 😖😖😖 I was getting As in my revision!!! Only low grade boundaries will save me now!!! 🙌

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by boyyo
yeahh boyyy. How many marks was it?

3 marks for finding the tree, and then 1 mark for the weight.
For the LP, were the coordinates of V something (forgot, sorry) over 59? And also for the integer solution was it (11,4)?

And I swear on every single paper this year edexcel have made the numbers so awkward lol (FP1, 2 and now D1), and the Prim's and route inspection diagrams were definitely out of the ordinary too, imo.
Original post by Nikhilm

Something like that - they were definitely both over 59.
Original post by _newbe
oh sorry that's my bad it was fine only thing was I ran out of time so had to rush the last question so didn't check the graph

Unlucky - I think the vast majority of people ran out of time so you should be fine for a mark
Original post by Nikhilm

That's what I got too
Reply 974
Does anyone know if arsey has posted yet
For the route inspection question, was it 459m for part (a), and 419m for part (c)? Also, why would they make us repeat FIVE different corridors in part (a)?!

Plus, what did you all write for part (b) - about starting at a vertex with an odd degree?
I think I forgot to put on the final inequality (from part a) onto my linear programming. How many marks would this lose in total (surely I'd get follow-on marks).
Raise ur hands up if u got 82
[QUOTE="brokeins1;65878076"]
Original post by Nuggetsarelife

Lol!! AB=5 was the last or the second last

I think that that one was the penultimate one; I'm pretty sure that DC (either 13 or 15) was the last one - of NINE arcs!
Original post by Nikhilm
There seems to still be controversy over (82 or 80 for Prims) and (11 and 4 or 9 and 5 for linear programming). Need more people saying their answers

I *think* I got 80 for Prims but definitely (11,4) for LP.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending