The Student Room Group

Edexcel D1 - 17th June, 2016 [Exam discussion]

Scroll to see replies

how many marks was the last two parts to the last question..?
marking v and then finding the cost at this point
Original post by SeanFM
Students can do that just as well and put their thoughts together.

I think predicting grade boundaries / working out how many marks you got in a past exam is a waste of time though, because you can easily go wrong, both in predicting how many raw marks you got and what the grade boundaries will be. Better to focus on revision or, if you have nothing to revise for, then your holidays, so I don't really understand these threads :s-smilie: (bar people who have actual anxiety rather than unnecessarily stressing about thing, I can see how they would benefit from it).

I do agree with you on the boundaries thing. They're so unpredictable. But for the majority of us it's just peace of mind I guess :smile: Less worry on results day about what could have actually happened if you let it sink in now
I managed to get the simultaneous equations wrong. But got the correct number of boxes. Will I lose marks for both questions?
Original post by cocacola212
did anyone get c= 1.5x + y

It should be x+1.5y.
Original post by brokeins1
For the y value of V I got 280/59, anyone could confirm or correct me ?

Yep, seems correct
Is there an unofficial markscheme?
Reply 1006
Original post by SeanFM
Students can do that just as well and put their thoughts together.

I think predicting grade boundaries / working out how many marks you got in a past exam is a waste of time though. Better to focus on revision or, if you have nothing to revise for, then your holidays, so I don't really understand these threads :s-smilie: (bar people who have actual anxiety rather than unnecessarily stressing about thing, I can see how they would benefit from it).

YEh I get what you mean, but for most people, like me, just HAVE to know.

The thing with arsey was that he was usually so accurate with the grade boundaires and quick too
I think I got V right but mucked up on the rest, how many marks do you reckon I would have lost?

Also, grade boundary predictions anyone?
I reckon same as last year
Original post by Student403
I do agree with you on the boundaries thing. They're so unpredictable. But for the majority of us it's just peace of mind I guess :smile: Less worry on results day about what could have actually happened if you let it sink in now

Oh yeah, I can appreciate that.. :dontknow: risky as well though, you could feel really good and happy or realise you've got like 30 raw marks from the exam :hide:
Original post by SeanFM
Oh yeah, I can appreciate that.. :dontknow: risky as well though, you could feel really good and happy or realise you've got like 30 raw marks from the exam :hide:

Yeah xD The risk is yours to take I suppose!
Reply 1010
Original post by dididid
how many marks was the last two parts to the last question..?
marking v and then finding the cost at this point

2 and 3 i think, anyone correct me if im worng
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Did you have to simplify 20x + 65y =< 520?

Also I got C=2x+3y. Would this not be right because we aren't given a value for capacity, only relative capacity?

It's all good :biggrin:
Original post by Seth17
It should be x+1.5y.

Gahhhh, I did it the wrong way round -______________-
Original post by hellomynameisr
was this harder than last years for real?

Nope, this paper is easier than the last year one. Main issue for this paper was the timing rather than the difficulty of the paper itself.
So for the question where it said you had 36 hours and draw a chart, i just didnt read the 36 hours part and assumed it was a chart for the previous gantt chart. So i used the right method etc, would i get method marks??
Original post by Seth17
Nope, this paper is easier than the last year one. Main issue for this paper was the timing rather than the difficulty of the paper itself.
I do agree. Luckily, I didn't run out of time, but I would've liked to have checked over a few of my answers...
Reply 1016
Original post by isaac_wood_
So for the question where it said you had 36 hours and draw a chart, i just didnt read the 36 hours part and assumed it was a chart for the previous gantt chart. So i used the right method etc, would i get method marks??

Hm, possibly. Was it not difficult to schedule from your Gantt chart regardless of the issue with hours? Normally you refer back to the activity network to check for precedence, etc.
Who the **** is going to leak the paper
Original post by mathsmann
what were your values for w,x,y,z i got 12 for w :s-smilie: ,how many marks would i get for the gantt chart if w is wrong? and anyone know what marks were for each part of question 7 ??

really? i got 11 for w. can't remember the others but feel one of them was 17
Original post by Waffles15
really? i got 11 for w. can't remember the others but feel one of them was 17

w was 11 cause the float was 1?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending