The Student Room Group

RE: beating wives in islam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by loveleest
It's so funny how Muslims deny that hitting your wife justified in he quran

well they are dumb if they deny it .......

but others are also dumb by not asking the scholars who have set the rulings. there are 4 types of scholars to ask by the way;
hanbli
hanafi
shafi i
meh, fourth one's not coming to mind
but my info is from hanafi scholars.
Original post by Calmness
Okay so I guess women are also allowed to lightly discipline their husbands right?

After-all Islam is a religion of peace, tolerance and equality, even though we are asking whether a woman can physically assault their husbands the way Husbands can physically assault their wives.

why not
Original post by Legendary Quest
Does it matter? Did he physically harm her? Did he cause her pain?

heh,heh, thought so.

Sorry, I forgot. Domestic violence is fine as long as you don't kick the wife.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA.

And this is supposedly a prophet who is a "mercy towards mankind"

ROFLMAO
Original post by Thanbir.33
why not

Problem is that it doesn't
and besides, it is the most emphasised thing to not turn to
Problem is that it doesn't

well then, i can't do anything about that,
I feel bad for people that need to engage in daily mental gymnastics to justify following a religion.
It's also funny how muslims keep claiming that the Qur'an is a perfect book, yet they try and correct and explain this perfect book to us all the time.
Original post by Legendary Quest
Does it matter? Did he physically harm her? Did he cause her pain?

heh,heh, thought so.

Sorry, I forgot. Domestic violence is fine as long as you don't kick the wife.

so imagine i've pushed you and you reply 'ow' that means you've cried out in pain, now then are you going to be stupid enough to file a domestic violense complain that i've pushed you
or would you file a complaint if i bust you're your nose and made you bleed

PICK ONE,

Spoiler

It's also funny how muslims keep claiming that the Qur'an is a perfect book, yet they try and correct and explain this perfect book to us all the time.

perfection is in the fact it is unaltered unlike the bible editions and the testaments
perfection is in the fact it is unaltered unlike the bible editions and the testaments

The design the Roman Colosseum has been unaltered as well does that mean the building is perfect?

Also you must also not know too much about Islam if you really think the Qur'an has always been the way it is today throughout history.
well they are dumb if they deny it .......

but others are also dumb by not asking the scholars who have set the rulings. there are 4 types of scholars to ask by the way;
hanbli
hanafi
shafi i
meh, fourth one's not coming to mind Maliki
but my info is from hanafi scholars.

Maliki are pretty cool tbh
The design the Roman Colosseum has been unaltered as well does that mean the building is perfect?

Also you must also not know too much about Islam if you really think the Qur'an has always been the way it is today throughout history.

actually it has with exception of places to stop, they've added different stop signs.
btw i know what i'm talking about because from the advent of the quran many thousands memorised it. you may say its hard to remember but there are living examples, shame i'm not one otherwise you'd be speaking to a live example anyways
the remember pretty good

the colosseum must be pretty perfect if it stood the test of time
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by macsalaama
Maliki are pretty cool tbh

sos 'bout forgettin' sometimes there is just to much islam to remember.
if my future hubby even tries to hit me then hes history.:rip:-not a sad face though.
And its a straight divorce.

One reason I want to become a police: to stop violence.
so imagine i've pushed you and you reply 'ow' that means you've cried out in pain, now then are you going to be stupid enough to file a domestic violense complain that i've pushed you
or would you file a complaint if i bust you're your nose and made you bleed

PICK ONE,

Spoiler

We are discussing domestic violence which is aggressive behaviour towards (in this case) your spouse. Such action is permitted within Islam. The Quran merely uses the word 'beat' or 'strike' and the Hadith states 'He struck me on the chest which caused me pain'. The 'chest', in case you don't know, is where a woman's breasts are. Striking a woman on her breasts is very painful.

That is domestic violence.

And this is allowed in Islam.

one more thing, i know what i'm on about
actually, clever person,

that is why there is quran and hadeeth to look at; if you look at the in-depth meaning that scholars have specified it says this:
light chatisement,
you can't hit the face or head,
you can't kick them( in doing so, it is that regard them to be inferior; but in the eyes of god we're equal),
when resorting to 'disciplining' them, the arm cannot be raised to the extent that the whiteness of the armpit is seen( in islam, it is suggested that the armpits should remain hairless)-figuratively-like if you weren't wearing a top.

lastly. you can't hit with such force that it scars/bruises them.
P.S.
that is why there are theolgions and scholars, to explain that the words aren't literal every time.
btw don't argue back with but or if and try making logical arguments about literal meanings 'cause you're no scholar to say something like that in the first place and telling you that these are the rulings under islamic jurisprudence.

bye

There is no method of hitting your wife that makes it okay to do though, you twit.
Original post by Asiimov
There is no method of hitting your wife that makes it okay to do though, you twit.

i said this before but it needs a repeat;
would you file a dv complaint if i pushed you and you said ow,
or
if bust your nose and made you bleed

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending