The Student Room Group

OCR A* Further Maths question

Hi guys well iv looked about on the internet and this question i have i still cant find a solid solution.

Im aware that you need 3 A2 exams between AS and A2 that average out to over 270, but does this mean you need to get 90+ in 3 or could you get 100 in 1 and 80 in another of the 3?
I know in core maths you need the 90+ in c3 and c4 but i wasnt sure about further.
Any replies would be helpful thanks!
Original post by bred123
Hi guys well iv looked about on the internet and this question i have i still cant find a solid solution.

Im aware that you need 3 A2 exams between AS and A2 that average out to over 270, but does this mean you need to get 90+ in 3 or could you get 100 in 1 and 80 in another of the 3?
I know in core maths you need the 90+ in c3 and c4 but i wasnt sure about further.
Any replies would be helpful thanks!

Pretty sure it is a 90% average over your best three A2 modules, such as 100 in one, 90 in another, 80 in the other should still work.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Dapperblook22
Pretty sure it is a 90% average over your best three A2 modules, such as 100 in one, 90 in another, 80 in the other should still work.

Okay thank you, i really hope that is the case since my fp3 and s2 is so unpredictable i dont really know how i did on them
Reply 3
Original post by bred123
Okay thank you, i really hope that is the case since my fp3 and s2 is so unpredictable i dont really know how i did on them

FP3 is harder to say, but take a look at the S2 solutions (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=65797329&postcount=41) and you should easily be able to see how well you did.
Reply 4
Original post by marioman
FP3 is harder to say, but take a look at the S2 solutions (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=65797329&postcount=41) and you should easily be able to see how well you did.

For S2 i got all the solutions from there,
its just for the last question i interpreted my answer wrong and i also forgot to convert one of the first questions to a percentage.

So im relying on method marks to get either 70 or 67. However i think s2 will be around 67 for a A*. So with this i literly have S2 and M2 which i think i got 68 on and considering it was quite a hard paper i should get some good ums from it. The FP3 though i believe to have dropped about 13 - 14 marks and i thought it was a fairly nice paper apart from the last 2 questions so the grade boundaries maybe pretty high. So now i just need to do FP2 and hope for the 90+.
Reply 5
Original post by bred123
For S2 i got all the solutions from there,
its just for the last question i interpreted my answer wrong and i also forgot to convert one of the first questions to a percentage.

So im relying on method marks to get either 70 or 67. However i think s2 will be around 67 for a A*. So with this i literly have S2 and M2 which i think i got 68 on and considering it was quite a hard paper i should get some good ums from it. The FP3 though i believe to have dropped about 13 - 14 marks and i thought it was a fairly nice paper apart from the last 2 questions so the grade boundaries maybe pretty high. So now i just need to do FP2 and hope for the 90+.

68/72 on this year's M2 will very likely be 100 UMS, and for S2 you will probably have anything from around 90 to 96 UMS. So that would mean that you would only need 80 in FP3. Last year's FP3 was also a nice paper apart from question 8, and that had a low boundary (52/72 for an A), so I wouldn't worry too much about this year's FP3 boundaries. You have probably done enough to get an A* already.
Reply 6
Original post by marioman
68/72 on this year's M2 will very likely be 100 UMS, and for S2 you will probably have anything from around 90 to 96 UMS. So that would mean that you would only need 80 in FP3. Last year's FP3 was also a nice paper apart from question 8, and that had a low boundary (52/72 for an A), so I wouldn't worry too much about this year's FP3 boundaries. You have probably done enough to get an A* already.

In M2 i dropped 4 marks on the change of energy question but everything else i believe i got right. Thanks for the help, youv definatly made me feel a lot better haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending