The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics Pure Core 4 MPC4 - 17th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Am I the only one who thinks AQA doesnt give enough time?
what was question 5 about??? i have literally forgotten anything to do with it but i can remember i found it okay
Really confused as to why I got -42 +9/2ln3.....
Original post by DEWR98
I think I might've put 6 instead of a sixth but I can't remember, I'm hoping I put the latter but it didn't affect my value of c fortunately as X was 0

Do you remember if for the Cosθ question if 0<θ<360 or were there equal signs under because for I think I would've lost a mark for putting the Cosθ=1 values which were 0 and 360

it was 0<x<360, so yes you'd lose a mark
Original post by tiffanyyyyyyy
what was question 5 about??? i have literally forgotten anything to do with it but i can remember i found it okay

Might have been the trig question with sinA and sinB
honestly i cannot remember though
Original post by shah321

No
Original post by -jordan-
Well I'm afraid it's 6, I have attached the working.
last questio.png

Yes jords

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
because it's part of FP2. The integral of the form 1/a^2+x^2 gives 1/a(tan^-1(x/a)) and the derivation and use of it is taught in FP2. AQA just thought it was funny to include that in C4 paper :tongue:

it's in C4 (or C3), too. It's also in the formula booklet. :smile: (it's in my C3/C4 book, at least).
Original post by C0balt
Might have been the trig question with sinA and sinB
honestly i cannot remember though

oh yea it was lol. thanks !
Original post by ubiquitousking
it's in C4 (or C3), too. It's also in the formula booklet. :smile: (it's in my C3/C4 book, at least).

Yeah I know it's in the formula booklet. I didn't see it in my C4 book though
Original post by tiffanyyyyyyy

It was the cosA = 1/root(5) etc. question.
(edited 7 years ago)
Anyone remember the gradient question with t and able to work through it?
Reply 692
Original post by C0balt
because it's part of FP2. The integral of the form 1/a^2+x^2 gives 1/a(tan^-1(x/a)) and the derivation and use of it is taught in FP2. AQA just thought it was funny to include that in C4 paper :tongue:

wooaow thank god... now i feel slightly better :redface:
Original post by Salty carpet

I used the quotient rule 2 times, simplified it etc etc. Took a good 15 minutes and ended up with 0.5e^4
I don't know how you could differentiate them bloody parametrics without the quotient rule.
Original post by C0balt

Use of the standard integral for inverse tanx is on the Core 3 spec though. Shouldn't be unfamiliar to anyone. There wont be anymore than 1 mark available for just using the standard integral though, required you to derive it which I thought they guided you through fine, just required you to properly understand implicit differentiation and spot the use of the trig identity.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by steph-carys
Really confused as to why I got -42 +9/2ln3.....

I got the same answer
Original post by shah321

I agree, I keep running out of time in maths and FM exams, which is really frustrating because I'm certain I could answer the questions I missed if I had a bit more time to look at and play with them... :frown:
Original post by Salty carpet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 698
Original post by robzwolf
I agree, I keep running out of time in maths and FM exams, which is really frustrating because I'm certain I could answer the questions I missed if I had a bit more time to look at and play with them... :frown:

exactly... +5 more mins in the core 4 exam would've gotten me +10 marks on a particular question, which would mean a difference of 2 grades...
Original post by JackBarnfield2
I got the same answer

Well either we are both completely wrong or this is a major reassurance! I shall presume we are correct until proven otherwise :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending