The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology SNAB 6BI04 ~ 6BIO5 June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jolalay
Can someone please send a link to the article because I think I might have the wrong one? The one I have is 'Aspects of Aging and Disease' and there's basically nothing on genetic modification like people are on about??

http://moodle.nks.kent.sch.uk/pluginfile.php/63953/mod_resource/content/1/P46621A_SA_GCE_Biol_6BI05_01_Jun16_4th%20PROOF.pdf
Reply 862
Can someone explain the propagation of an impulse along an axon please?
Original post by A.Francis
I suggest you pipe down with your nasty comments. Jokes on you when your grade comes back **** because your head was too far up your own arse. Karmas a ***** so I suggest we keep this thread civil and be constructive and not criticise others

Thank you <3
Original post by nav1234567
suck your mum - I just used my head and initiative. Maybe you should try next time x

LOL. Edgy douche.
Original post by A.Francis
I suggest you pipe down with your nasty comments. Jokes on you when your grade comes back **** because your head was too far up your own arse. Karmas a ***** so I suggest we keep this thread civil and be constructive and not criticise others

Look at the original comment made by anon, then comment.
https://www.change.org/p/edexcel-lower-grade-boundaries-for-edexcel-unit-4-a2-biology-paper?tk=OtrwFCwSJdKe37-y0IzipRVCgObh1ElbA-BvrDAzj6Q&utm_source=petition_update&utm_medium=email#delivered-to

Heya, make sure you all sign - with enough backing we can take action against our unit 4 paper which had a crazy amount of AS content that was actually copied from the Jan 2014 IAL paper, and against the super blurred microscope image! Thanks, goodluck! x
Original post by 0shas0
if anyone has an unofficial mar scheme/ model answers please could you post the link here :smile: thanks. Don't worry guys, if you don't end up going to Uni because of this we can form our own rebellion against edexcel for the next few years of our life :smile:......

Haven't you heard the news? It's basically a replica of 2014 January IAL paper... so there's the mark scheme for you! There is also a petition on change.org for this exam because of this! Spread the news to your classmates and ****.
Dont get your hopes up with the petition guys, Edexcel have already denied copying a previous paper and using too much AS so doubt anything will change.
Original post by Daniel9998
Dont get your hopes up with the petition guys, Edexcel have already denied copying a previous paper and using too much AS so doubt anything will change.

You never know! They have re-written a paper before and I spoke to a teacher with deals with exam admin and said they can lower the grade boundaries!
Has anyone got predictions for AS knowledge that might come up for the Unit 5 exam? Prob most likely to come up in the article section. I'm thinking DNA stuff, maybe something on cancer/stem cells...pro/eu-karyotic cells, anything else?
Original post by Anon113
Haven't you heard the news? It's basically a replica of 2014 January IAL paper... so there's the mark scheme for you! There is also a petition on change.org for this exam because of this! Spread the news to your classmates and ****.

It's exactly the same! And the grade boundary for an A* that year was 62/90.
In Edexcel's response to the petition they didn't even mention the fact that they plagiarised a paper. I think this needs to be addressed more than the lack of A2 content as they'll just continue to say its a synoptic paper. Surely they cannot get away with plagiarism.
Does anyone have link to the article forum as i'd like to ask few questions on some paragraphs for the 'Factory Of Life' Thanks
Guys do we need to know about the types of synapses e.g. excitatory and inhibitory? and about summation?
Reply 875
I suggest everyone does the specimen papers for Unit 5, good chance they could pull it of again for this paper
Hi everyone! Does anyone still remember (roughly) the type of questions asked? I know there were 8 questions and that they were some overlapping topics, but I'm just stressing out over missing a question! Thanks! xx
Original post by SeanXd
I suggest everyone does the specimen papers for Unit 5, good chance they could pull it of again for this paper

It wasn't a specimen paper. It was and international paper. And I doubt they will use unit five of the same kind of paper.
Original post by greenorange
It's exactly the same! And the grade boundary for an A* that year was 62/90.

Wow, should defo get a C or a B max...
Original post by heastwood17
In Edexcel's response to the petition they didn't even mention the fact that they plagiarised a paper. I think this needs to be addressed more than the lack of A2 content as they'll just continue to say its a synoptic paper. Surely they cannot get away with plagiarism.

100% agree with you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending