The Student Room Group

AQA Resistant Materials Unit 1 Exam THURSDAY

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bborn12
i cant remember what that one was about ?! what did you put anyway

It was something like ""Healthy Foods" wants to redesign their children's restaurant area. They need new chairs and tables. Describe the relationships between the Client, Designer, Manufacturer and User in this design process"

I just described the design process in general - like the Client issues a brief and takes it to the designer who produces designs on paper, the client approves, then the designer makes a model and takes it to the manufacturer to ensure mass producibility. Then the manufacturer makes a prototype which is showed to the Client and the User (the kids), and then it's made
Reply 61
Original post by jhuk510
It was something like ""Healthy Foods" wants to redesign their children's restaurant area. They need new chairs and tables. Describe the relationships between the Client, Designer, Manufacturer and User in this design process"

I just described the design process in general - like the Client issues a brief and takes it to the designer who produces designs on paper, the client approves, then the designer makes a model and takes it to the manufacturer to ensure mass producibility. Then the manufacturer makes a prototype which is showed to the Client and the User (the kids), and then it's made

oh yeah, i put that too and i said about 3rd party quality testing aswell. i thought the question was badly worded tho! didnt really understand it aha
Original post by bborn12
oh yeah, i put that too and i said about 3rd party quality testing aswell. i thought the question was badly worded tho! didnt really understand it aha

I'll agree with you on that! The whole paper had some strange questions.. We've never ever bent sheet metal before so the birdhouse question was hard
Reply 63
Original post by jhuk510
I'll agree with you on that! The whole paper had some strange questions.. We've never ever bent sheet metal before so the birdhouse question was hard

yeah , i didnt know how to mass produce pot rivets to secure the metal together ! so i just said put them on the press aha
Original post by Baaah
Can I say that Melamine is easy to clean?

Yep!
Original post by bborn12
yeah , i didnt know how to mass produce pot rivets to secure the metal together ! so i just said put them on the press aha

I said to bend the metal (aluminium in my case) with a strip heater😂😂 and I said that you could weld it to avoid seeing the join

Quick Reply

Latest