The Student Room Group

I made up critics' quotes in my A2 Edexcel English Lit... possible outcomes?

So I did the edexcel A2 English lit exam today and made up quotes (and also the critics). I did this in my mock and my teacher didn't notice, and I got a high A. I figured that the examiner isn't going to bother looking up every single critical quote from the hundreds of essays they have to mark, so it's probably not going to be picked up on? Just wondering what would happen if they did notice though? would i just not get any marks for those quotes or would something more serious happen? thanks.
It depends on how many you used! If you used a few but then with lots of plausible (real:colondollar:) critics/evaluation then you may get away with it. I think it will depend on your examiner, some may just award no marks or others may mark you extremely harshly because they might feel like you're taking the micky out of their intelligence.
But what's done is done - try not to worry about it now :smile:
Original post by fox-mulder
So I did the edexcel A2 English lit exam today and made up quotes (and also the critics). I did this in my mock and my teacher didn't notice, and I got a high A. I figured that the examiner isn't going to bother looking up every single critical quote from the hundreds of essays they have to mark, so it's probably not going to be picked up on? Just wondering what would happen if they did notice though? would i just not get any marks for those quotes or would something more serious happen? thanks.

Haha that's hilarious. Don't worry, I doubt the examiner will take the time to search up every quote to check it's legit. One of my English lit teachers even suggested we make up critics if we were stuck, not that I dared do it. For future reference though: you don't actually have to use named critics and quotes. You will get the same marks just by saying "one perspective on this is...", "on a feminist/Marxist/colonialist interpretation..." etc.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
They probs won't care so long as it's believable. Even if they search it up and don't find anything, who's to say it wasn't some obscure thing..I suppose they can't prove there's no critic who said that. :tongue: Besides, the point is to consider different viewpoints, it's more important to demonstrate your understanding of these than to memorise quotes

Quick Reply

Latest