The Student Room Group

Edexcel D1 - 17th June, 2016 [Exam discussion]

Scroll to see replies

I got this too, I don't understand how everyone got integer values when the question said EXACT value, ie: don't round off as a decimal, leave as a fraction. EVERY past paper had a fraction when it said this.

Did you equate the 2 equations together to get x and y?

I ran out of time so I couldn't workout £C :frown:
Original post by SP98
I'm not fully certain, but don't these values give the optimal number and fit within the enclosed region?

I got 11 and 4; lots of people seem to agree on that. We'll have to wait for someone to post the paper.
Original post by target21859
I ran out of time haha. Oh well. Messed up the scheduling and didn't find a route for the route inspection. What did everyone get for the route inspection? Not the route the numerical answers and arcs to be repeated.

For the first part I got weight of the network + 75
For the 2nd part I did Finish at B and repeat the other arc which was 35 so total length was weight of network + 35
Reply 1083
Is there a mark scheme?
Original post by MsDanderson
I got this too, I don't understand how everyone got integer values when the question said EXACT value, ie: don't round off as a decimal, leave as a fraction. EVERY past paper had a fraction when it said this.

Did you equate the 2 equations together to get x and y?

I ran out of time so I couldn't workout £C :frown:

No that part did say give the EXACT value like you said, but then it asked for the number of standard/deluxe that should be bought so its common sense to know that these have to be integer values and then you calculate the cost of it
Original post by Harrydickens
Can anyone remember the 3 different lengths of the possible routes in the route inspection problem

I got 75, 85 and 126? (I THINK)
Can someone who knows how make a poll to see how people found this exam
Original post by 4nonymous
For the first part I got weight of the network + 75
For the 2nd part I did Finish at B and repeat the other arc which b 35 so total length was weight of network + 35

Yeah that's what I got it but whenever I tried a route I always blocked myself. It was only 1 mark.
For the dikstra. I got 49 for part a but everyone seems to have got 48. How many marks would I lose. And does anyone remember the route for part a.
No that part did say give the EXACT value like you said, but then it asked for the number of standard/deluxe that should be bought so its common sense to know that these have to be integer values and then you calculate the cost of it

Fair enough! I ran out of time so didn't read what it said looool
Yeah that's what I got it but whenever I tried a route I always blocked myself. It was only 1 mark.

The route I got was very long.
You must've drawn your feasible region wrong then

when it asked for the route and its length i didn't give a route because like you said it kept blocking but I said the length was something + 35 and that's it, 1 mark/2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nikhilm
Just worked out I need a total of 0 ums in this paper. to still get my two a* in maths and f maths..why did I even bother showing up

Well good for ****ing you...
I got 75, 85 and 126? (I THINK)

Same as you but 125 instead
Original post by boyyo
one of them was x greater than or equal to 8

another was, -X +24y greater than equal to 24

cant remember the others.

Original post by Student403
Do remember there were other constraints aside from the cost one :tongue:

-X +24y greater than equal to 24
x greater than or equal to 2
7x+8y greater than or equal to 112?
Original post by igotohaggerston
I got 5 workers for the lower bound from my cascade diagram and I scheduled with 3 workers

How did you manage to schedule it using 3 workers? I had to use 4
Original post by iMacJack
when it asked for the route and its length i didn't give a route because like you said it kept blocking but I said the length was something + 35 and that's it, 1 mark/2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I See your the big dog around here, what year you in and what marks you looking at in each module
Original post by Nuggetsarelife
I See your the big dog around here, what year you in and what marks you looking at in each module

Lol.

Year 12, C1 73/75, C2 75/75, S1 70/75, FP1 66/75, D1 63/75, S2 not yet sat. It's not that great.. I didn't like the D1 paper today at all.

How about you mate?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CutieTootsie
Same as you but 125 instead

Yup I got those too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending