The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics Pure Core 4 MPC4 - 17th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Someone please tell me how to do vectors part c because I'm pretty sure I did it wrong and I don't know why.
Original post by 1TrueMeaning
If I could down vote I would.

your constructive opinion is very much appreciated
[QUOTE=Parhomus;65883852]Can someone tell me the method for the vectors part c question. I used the intersection point and +-1/6 vector AB but now I think I'm wrong.
That's right I accidentally done 3x AB instead of AB/3
Original post by steph-carys
It looked like some people got other values for lambda :/ unless I'm getting confused with questions haha

Can you remember the question? I could have a go at it to see if we get the same answer
Genuinely what do you think the grade boundaries will be for C3 and C4? I'm hoping for a D 50 UMS in core 3 and an A 80 UMS or a B 70 UMS worst case in core 4 in the hope that I can get 100 in D2 and last year's UMS will push me to an A overall. Don't think I got much more than 40 marks in C3 and 55/60 in C4 :frown: quite tragic considering I was initially aiming for an A* and now I'm not even sure if a B is reachable lol.
Original post by A Slice of Pi
Can you remember the question? I could have a go at it to see if we get the same answer

I can't, sorry :frown: it was involving the intersection of two lines and I can't remember the equations for the two lines :tongue:

It's okay, I feel reasonably confident I didn't botch this one up :smile:
How many marks would I lose for multiplying the length of AB by 3 instead of dividing but doing the rest right
Original post by so over it
Genuinely what do you think the grade boundaries will be for C3 and C4? I'm hoping for a D 50 UMS in core 3 and an A 80 UMS or a B 70 UMS worst case in core 4 in the hope that I can get 100 in D2 and last year's UMS will push me to an A overall. Don't think I got much more than 40 marks in C3 and 55/60 in C4 :frown: quite tragic considering I was initially aiming for an A* and now I'm not even sure if a B is reachable lol.

I am in a similar position, pretty much every class test I have done resulted in an A*, but now I don't even know. Will your university place be affected?
Can anyone remember the question where you had to find sinA and cosA cause i think quite a few root5's popped up but im not sure....
Someone help me by telling me the method to the part c of vectors tyvm i think i got it wrong :c.
Reply 790
Anyone remember Q4; the splitting fraction into ax+b+cx^2 etc? I completely messed it up 8 marks down the drain
Original post by Maj12
Anyone remember Q4; the splitting fraction into ax+b+cx^2 etc? I completely messed it up 8 marks down the drain

I could not do that at all 😭
Original post by Parhomus
Can someone tell me the method for the vectors part c question. I used the intersection point and +-1/6 vector AB but now I think I'm wrong.

That's what I did, but I botched the numbers and used the wrong value for AB and got it wrong.
Original post by joef1337
That's what I did, but I botched the numbers and used the wrong value for AB and got it wrong.

i think AB was like (4,-12,-20) or something like that.
Did anyone else need TWO extra pieces of paper?
Im sure 99.9% of these questions are right in order. Dont ask I have a way of memorising the questions, but if any are off which im sure none are plz note me. Took time to rite it down
Attachment not found
Attachment not found

P.S: im sure in the radioactive one, the initial mass had to be shown for 2 marks. In the paralelogram AB was 3 times CD
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Parhomus
i think AB was like (4,-12,-20) or something like that.

Yeah but I simplified that as 4(1, -3, -5) and used that for the rest of the question as a direction vector, because multiplying it by a constant doesn't change its direction, but for the last part I forgot to use the "real" AB and instead used my simplified version of (1, -3, -5)
Original post by 09876543211
I am in a similar position, pretty much every class test I have done resulted in an A*, but now I don't even know. Will your university place be affected?

It's awful isn't it I never thought I'd be praying for a D grade in a real exam :frown: I like to think that there's still a chance of getting an A but then again I don't want to get my hopes up. My insurance will accept me with a B but nonetheless it's heartbreaking to know that that grade isn't a true reflection of my abilities. How about yours? Hopefully it all turns out okay for us!
Reply 798
Does anyone remember the e^(2-6t) questions and what it asked and stuff? I'm trying to explain to my friend but I can't temper :frown: thanks 😊
Original post by joef1337
Yeah but I simplified that as 4(1, -3, -5) and used that for the rest of the question as a direction vector, because multiplying it by a constant doesn't change its direction, but for the last part I forgot to use the "real" AB and instead used my simplified version of (1, -3, -5)

Basically I did the (2,0,-1) +-1/6(4,-12,-20) to get C and D.

Quick Reply

Latest