The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics Pure Core 4 MPC4 - 17th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Please can someone explain how 0.5e^4 was the answer to when t=2/3
Please, don't understand
Original post by Parhomus
Basically I did the (2,0,-1) +-1/6(4,-12,-20) to get C and D.

Yep, that's what I did except it was (2, 0, -1) +- 1/6 (1, -3, -5), which is wrong.

Although now that people are saying the first coord of D should have been 4, I'm beginning to doubt your way too...
I got the right value for AB and the right equation of a line but my vectors didn't intersect anyone my values were like 2 and 1/2 for mu and lambda anyone have issue with that question?
Original post by joef1337
Yep, that's what I did except it was (2, 0, -1) +- 1/6 (1, -3, -5), which is wrong.

Although now that people are saying the first coord of D should have been 4, I'm beginning to doubt your way too...

Exactly; thats why im asking how it was meant to be done and no one is bloody replying.
Exactly; thats why im asking how it was meant to be done and no one is bloody replying.

Chek my post ive posted the paper qusstions
Original post by so over it
It's awful isn't it I never thought I'd be praying for a D grade in a real exam :frown: I like to think that there's still a chance of getting an A but then again I don't want to get my hopes up. My insurance will accept me with a B but nonetheless it's heartbreaking to know that that grade isn't a true reflection of my abilities. How about yours? Hopefully it all turns out okay for us!

It is pretty terrible. It is awful when teachers refer to you as an A* student and after the exam you can't even look in their eyes.
I am so glad ,however, that I chose a university that should take me with a B in maths as a firm over the one asking for an A*, seems like the gut feeling saved my ass here. This just proves how unreliable such exams are. The good thing is at the university lecturers will not put something that their students weren't told about in the exam, as opposed to an A-level which is written by some deluded cock.
Original post by Peter Wilkinson
Can anyone please tell me how many marks I would lose for doing the trig question in radians instead of degrees ?? Would I lose like 3 marks ?

All the marks on the paper
Original post by gcsekid
Chek my post ive posted the paper qusstions

But theres no answer xd.
Original post by Nofajshgdjdj
All the marks on the paper

2 marks max or given its correct in radians maybe 1
Marks were for
Identity
Two brackets
Cos= -1/6 and 1
Two marks for correct solutions
Radians loses one
(edited 7 years ago)
I've posted my unofficial mark scheme in a separate thread to make it easier for people to find.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4172260
You must divide the top of the fraction by the bottom of the fraction and it will give you an x coefficient a number for b and a remainder which is the top of the final fraction
But theres no answer xd.

Haha personally lol I never finished the vectors
Original post by C0balt
yes, c was pi

I got the implicit differentiation right (2sec^x = 3x) and used sec^ = 1 + tan^2, but I got k=2 not 6. I got the integral in part b right, just had 1/2tan^-1(3x/2) and not 1/6. Would I get 2/3 on first and 7/7 on second for follow on marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone say what ums I would be on. I got around 55 in C3 and 66 in C4

Posted from TSR Mobile
I messed up the coefficients for A and B in first question but i answered the the binomial correctly using my incorrect A and B, will I only lose the marks for incorrect coefficients?

BTW: Did anyone get 1/3 and 5/3 for lambda values?
(edited 7 years ago)
Bye bye uni
Can people put any links to good unofficial mark schemes and/or questions not just by topic
Original post by gcsekid
2 marks max or given its correct in radians maybe 1
Marks were for
Identity
Two brackets
Cos= -1/6 and 1
Two marks for correct solutions
Radians loses one

theta between 0 and 360 exclusive so youd have to have a statement ignoring costheta= 1
Original post by Yo12345
I got the implicit differentiation right (2sec^x = 3x) and used sec^ = 1 + tan^2, but I got k=2 not 6. I got the integral in part b right, just had 1/2tan^-1(3x/2) and not 1/6. Would I get 2/3 on first and 7/7 on second for follow on marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I should think so. I'm not too sure whether you'd get 7/7 or lose a mark for the second part however, I haven't studied maths mark scheme as much as with science subjects lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by steph-carys
Pretty sure I got the same values as you and I can't see where we would've gone wrong, as I went over this again and again and my equations all worked out with these values

I'm so confused😅 Do you remember the coordinates of A and B and then the line equation? I'm gonna attempt it but vectors are evil so I'll probably mess up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending