The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS/A2 Mathematics M2 - 17th June 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Anyone else find the M3 way nicer than M2? I can't be the only one :wink:
Reply 681
would i lose a mark for writing 4900 watts instead of newtons? so stupid i know...
Original post by Squishy•
When is Arsey releasing a model answers?

Arsey no longer does model answers
Original post by LLk1
would i lose a mark for writing 4900 watts instead of newtons? so stupid i know...

power is measured in watts bro, you're good. (:
Original post by NamelessPersona
As several others have pointed out it is 90 average across your best three A2 modules. As I already have D2 at 100 UMS this means I only need 85 in M2 and S2.

I see, thank you for clarifying!
Original post by target21859
Yeah

Yeah it's really annoying. Grade boundaries for M2 are so high. I've hoping it isn't above 70 for 90 ums. Was the com in metres or centimetres? Do you know if you're penalised for using cm instead of m and vice-versa? I'm doubting myself. I probably put the correct units.

I wouldn't like to guess at grade boundaries to be honest, although yes, I hope they’re low. I can’t remember what units the CoM was in, although I’m pretty sure the mark schemes don’t care. More of a physics thing to be picky about units.
Original post by LLk1

??
how many marks would i got for 1b
first i integrate the velocity calculate in a)
let x=0 when t=2
find a c value in that case
calculate a time from t=2 to t=3
at this point, i actually got all the correct steps and answer but i misread the question,

calculate a time from t=2 to t=4
then subtracted the two values to get a wrong answer

how many marks would i get
For 1b I misread the question and integrated between 3 and 0 not 3 and 2, would I get any marks?
Original post by paddy10663
I wouldn't like to guess at grade boundaries to be honest, although yes, I hope they’re low. I can’t remember what units the CoM was in, although I’m pretty sure the mark schemes don’t care. More of a physics thing to be picky about units.

I hate having to wait so long for results day. It's the worst. Tbh I did well in fp2 and I find fp3 easier than fp2 so I should be fine. I've got S2 as back up any way but I need to start revising for that :biggrin:
Original post by thebutchlesbian
For 1b I misread the question and integrated between 3 and 0 not 3 and 2, would I get any marks?

I think that if your integral was correct you may get 2/5 marks

I think you would get 2 if you integrated v correctly.
I think you would get 2 if you integrated v correctly.

okay thanks thats not terrible, do you know what it was out of?
Original post by LLk1

Wtf? it was 4900 Watts

Original post by somevirtualguy
Anyone else find the M3 way nicer than M2? I can't be the only one :wink:

Found them similar
And grade boundaries prediction? Also was there an exam poll done?
Thanks in advance
okay thanks thats not terrible, do you know what it was out of?

5 marks. 13 marks for the whole of question 1. 8 marks for a single kinematics question :biggrin:
Original post by Om Dave
And grade boundaries prediction? Also was there an exam poll done?
Thanks in advance

Poll for the UK paper: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4171568&p=65871248#post65871248
I hate having to wait so long for results day. It's the worst. Tbh I did well in fp2 and I find fp3 easier than fp2 so I should be fine. I've got S2 as back up any way but I need to start revising for that :biggrin:

How on earth do you find FP2 easier than FP3?
Original post by somevirtualguy
How on earth do you find FP2 easier than FP3?

I don't know I just do. I've always scored higher on fp3 plus it's more fun.
I don't know I just do. I've always scored higher on fp3 plus it's more fun.

I'm the same :biggrin:. FP3 is probably my favorite FM unit alongside M4 maybe.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending