The Student Room Group

Edexcel D1 - 17th June, 2016 [Exam discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheMathsMan
I put y + 1.5x .. not gunna lie ... because I was thinking in the way that guy was as well... noticed there was a question similar to that in a past paper .. and yes you are right ... so I'll just lock myself in a toilet and just **** the rest of my life ;-P

It's good that you know for now! Remember that this doesn't count towards 90% in A2 if you want an A*!
Original post by Student403
It's good that you know for now! Remember that this doesn't count towards 90% in A2 if you want an A*!

No ... I just want an A .. it's these additional that I hate
C1 and C2 i basically got 100% maybe one or 2 marks lost
S1 and D1 I ****ed up ... probably got 65 UMS in S1 and 75 UMS in D1
C3 I'm most confident with
C4, well ... we shall see ;-P
No ... I just want an A .. it's these additional that I hate
C1 and C2 i basically got 100% maybe one or 2 marks lost
S1 and D1 I ****ed up ... probably got 65 UMS in S1 and 75 UMS in D1
C3 I'm most confident with
C4, well ... we shall see ;-P

Okay that sounds fine :smile: You're definitely on for the A
Original post by Student403
Okay that sounds fine :smile: You're definitely on for the A

How's it going for you?
I actually think i got everything correct, but I didn't have time to check the scheduling question. Did you get 5 workers using the cascade chart and 3 workers when scheduling.
How's it going for you?

I'm doing A2 at the moment so D1 is just going to count as an AS module for me in maths most likely
[QUOTE="Student403;65887838"]I'm doing A2 at the moment so D1 is just going to count as an AS module for me in maths most likely[/QUOTE

Yeah I'm doing A2 as well ... D1 counts for AS for me. Hopefully C3 is good ...
Original post by igotohaggerston
I actually think i got everything correct, but I didn't have time to check the scheduling question. Did you get 5 workers using the cascade chart and 3 workers when scheduling.

Same position as you tbh

Must've made some mistakes cos that's just me... but yeah I got that too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1188
did you guys find this paper harder than usual because i did, the questions were in an unfamiliar format to the past papers i did for it.
Original post by iMacJack
Did anyone else have a little cry when they saw those weird squiggly lines as paths on the dijkstra question? (Got it right but still made me wanna die)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ikr!!! Never mind the way edexcel make up questions
How many marks for around 90 UMS do people think?
Reply 1191
Original post by igotohaggerston

yes

Yeah I'm doing A2 as well ... D1 counts for AS for me. Hopefully C3 is good ...

Good luck :smile: I did C3 last year
I'm sure the lower bound of workers was 4
Original post by opgg
did you guys find this paper harder than usual because i did, the questions were in an unfamiliar format to the past papers i did for it.

I hardly did any past papers so not harder than what I was expecting as I had nothing to compare it to

Maybe that's just me though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
For question 7 the scheduling with an extra 6 leniency, did anyone else manage to do it using 3 workers?
Original post by Themathgeek
I hardly did any past papers so not harder than what I was expecting as I had nothing to compare it to

Maybe that's just me though?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hate to be Captain Obvious, but.. I would not suggest repeating that unless you really don't have a choice. I've done that for uni exams because I left things too late. :hide:
Original post by SeanFM
I hate to be Captain Obvious, but.. I would not suggest repeating that unless you really don't have a choice. I've done that for uni exams because I left things too late. :hide:

Yupp learnt the hard way :frown:

Gonna be way more organised next year but until then got a week to learn d2 from scratch xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the objective function I wrote C=10x+15y without simplifying further, would that affect the number of marks I'd achieve

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Themathgeek
Yupp learnt the hard way :frown:

Gonna be way more organised next year but until then got a week to learn d2 from scratch xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you've got no exams inbetween, I think you can do it, as long as you are getting enough sleep. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending