The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anon_98
Not great tbh.

I haven't worked on either of them properly yet + I don't want to go to the Bio exam.

What about you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't blame you,biology exams are brutal. I feel down,some guy from isoc was making dupe accounts and calling me and others kafirs:frown:.
I'm taking a MOOC from MIT Edx(it's free)because it looks good on my ideas application and consider,not to mention it's interesting :ahee::smile:.
I think I'll look over some bio flashcards to end the day

Original post by AW97
Eugh had the most nightmarish M1, missed the last question and lost 17 marks and ended up crying in the exam. Oh well, now need to start c3, c4 and bio 5 😴💤

:hugs:

Original post by nomophobia
Well, today was my last exam and posting on here has been fun, I'm gonna miss this thread :redface:

Good luck to @Kamara7 @Guls @Anon_98 @Thomith and anyone else who's got exams

I'm off to enjoy my summer! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw, sad to see you go, but at least you're finished :biggrin: Have a lovely summer!!!
Original post by Anon_98
Not great tbh.

I haven't worked on either of them properly yet + I don't want to go to the Bio exam.

What about you? :smile:

Nearly everyone i know is going unprepared into biol5....even the top students....the majority of past papers are hsw questions and then the essay can be answered using the previous 3 units....i wouldnt worry about u5...of all the exams its the most blaggable

I did unit 2 resit and literally only 25% of the spec was covered....i shouldnt have even revised!

And get some sleep!
Reply 4603
today was the biggest joke i did soo little work, i just did a bio paper, 2 maths papers and thats it. tomorrow fixing up!!! just one more weeekk! :frown:
Reply 4604
Original post by philo-jitsu
Nearly everyone i know is going unprepared into biol5....even the top students....the majority of past papers are hsw questions and then the essay can be answered using the previous 3 units....i wouldnt worry about u5...of all the exams its the most blaggable

Oh same + yes but, my unit 5 revision hasn't even begun, let alone prepare for the essays or do the past papers. I've only had practice when we were given them for hwk etc. You still need to know everything to get through it + I'd rather prioritise Chem + Maths exams idk. Sigh.

I did unit 2 resit and literally only 25% of the spec was covered....i shouldnt have even revised!

Yes, that exam was so horrific + precisely, I felt the exact same afterwards.

And get some sleep!

Ty, but I haven't started today's revision yet, don't think I can sleep tbh. - I'd like to at least complete something before I do.
Reply 4605
Original post by ranz
today was the biggest joke

Sameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. :banghead:
I'm not going to meet my offer (98% sure) - gosh, I sometimes wonder what the point is in trying this hard. :sigh:
*breathes* Keep going.
Goal: memorise all sections of PACE 1984 by Saturday night.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anon_98
Oh same + yes but, my unit 5 revision hasn't even begun, let alone prepare for the essays or do the past papers. I've only had practice when we were given them for hwk etc. You still need to know everything to get through it + I'd rather prioritise Chem + Maths exams idk. Sigh.

Yes, that exam was so horrific + precisely, I felt the exact same afterwards.

Ty, but I haven't started today's revision yet, don't think I can sleep tbh. - I'd like to at least complete something before I do.

I suppose if you really havent done any revision then cramming is probably best, but just from my own experience during mocks in january, i took them mega seriously doing 3 hours a day 7 days per week plus lessons and plus a 20 hour per week job througg the week. I did awfully on nearly all my subjects....i took a full week off from any studying then did my own mock week with different papers and smashed every single exam. Basically knowing the content is obviously important but mindset is huuuuge and not sleeping and stressing is very detrimental to your mind set.

Everyone is different though so good luck anyhow, hope everything pans out!
Reply 4608
I suppose if you really havent done any revision then cramming is probably best, but just from my own experience during mocks in january, i took them mega seriously doing 3 hours a day 7 days per week plus lessons and plus a 20 hour per week job througg the week. I did awfully on nearly all my subjects....i took a full week off from any studying then did my own mock week with different papers and smashed every single exam. Basically knowing the content is obviously important but mindset is huuuuge and not sleeping and stressing is very detrimental to your mind set.

Everyone is different though so good luck anyhow, hope everything pans out!

Nah, I've slept for over 12 hours today lmao. - Just not at the right times I guess.

Tyvm, good luck to you too <3
I plan to cover as much C4 as I can until about 3am, I haven't done anything today :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4610
Original post by Pokémontrainer
I'm not going to meet my offer (98% sure)

:backstab:

gosh, I sometimes wonder what the point is by trying this hard.

:backstab: :backstab:

*breathes* Keep going.

:cube: :heart:
Reply 4611
Original post by KINGYusuf
I plan to cover as much C4 as I can until about 3am, I haven't done anything today :frown:

Okay, let me get my stuff + I'll start with you. - Update me frequently to keep you going, even if it's only a small amount + I'll do the same?

It's okay, today isn't over. :smile:
Original post by Anon_98
Awh, it's sad to see you go- well yay for finally finishing! + thank you v much for the great contribution to this thread, hope you have an absolute great summer.

:heart:

Awww, thanks! You're really sweet, will definitely miss this :frown:

Good luck for all your exams and don't forget to sleep! :biggrin:

Original post by Kamara7
Aw, sad to see you go, but at least you're finished :biggrin: Have a lovely summer!!!

Thanks! Good luck for the rest of your exams and I hope you've saved some new stationary to open! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not going to meet my offer (98% sure) - gosh, I sometimes wonder what the point is in trying this hard. :sigh:
*breathes* Keep going.
Goal: memorise all sections of PACE 1984 by Saturday night.

Im in the same boat....i need 190ums from c3 and c4 next week. Youve got to realise though, a levels are more than just learning the subject, your learning how to perform under high pressure and how to maintain a high work ethic consistently....having worked for 3 years before returning to education, i have seen the diffrrence in people who never learned how to work hard, i worked with them, the people who did learn it were my bosses.
Plus getting our desired grades will be that much more awesome because it was such long odds!
Im in the same boat....i need 190ums from c3 and c4 next week. Youve got to realise though, a levels are more than just learning the subject, your learning how to perform under high pressure and how to maintain a high work ethic consistently....having worked for 3 years before returning to education, i have seen the diffrrence in people who never learned how to work hard, i worked with them, the people who did learn it were my bosses.
Plus getting our desired grades will be that much more awesome because it was such long odds!

You're right. :redface: I work so hard - but come exam time I stress out so much that I can't even read the questions properly. :facepalm: Unfortunately politics has ruined my chances, but I might as well persevere to get my A* in law. :dontknow: I'll have plenty of time to think of a backup plan after my exams are over. :erm:
Good luck, I hope it turns out well for you. :cute:

Thank you, you and @Anon_98 - this thread is so supportive and has helped to build up my confidence in the run up to a couple of exams I had. :heart:
Reply 4615
Original post by nomophobia
Awww, thanks! You're really sweet, will definitely miss this :frown:

Good luck for all your exams and don't forget to sleep! :biggrin:

You're too kind )':

:jumphug:<3

Thank you so much for the lovely wishes + I won't aha. :P
Reply 4616
that I can't even read the questions properly. :facepalm:

This happens to me too. :nope:

Thank you, you and @Anon_98 - this thread is so supportive and has helped to build up my confidence in the run up to a couple of exams I had. :heart:

Awh, I'm honestly so, so glad to hear that.- it's all thanks to everyone who's a part of this thread. :heart:
Going through DNA structure and assays.
Reply 4618
I'm starting at 1am!

I mean it this time. :'3
Reply 4619
Okay, ohmyg Thermodynamics.

Latest

Trending

Trending