The Student Room Group

Who is awake?

Scroll to see replies

im doing an all-nighter - got English literature exam - dreading it :s-smilie:
Im awake 😄😄😄
Original post by longshot100
whaaaaat?!?! You've never even come close to pulling an allnighter?

I would, except my parents wouldn't let me. :colonhash:

Spoiler

still awake. waiting around for a stupid boy.
Original post by TheOtherSide.

Spoiler

I think those things do more harm than good :s-smilie:
not me zzzzzzzz
Original post by PrincessBO$$
Why?
Can't sleep?
:colone:

watching motivational videos
Original post by SeanFM

But not if it's only a couple? :puppyeyes:

all this time, i thought you were twenty-something until i read that :shock:

Original post by SeanFM

I agree omg :afraid: - an exam on an all-nighter is the worst thing ever. I answered questions that I didn't revise for for some inconceivable reason! :cry2:

:s-smilie: I would say no.

It's better to try and use the time you are awake in the day more wisely (which is difficult, I know!) rather than tosacrifice your sleep and work at a fraction of your normal efficiency - you've got to remember that the exam tests not only your knowledge but your alertness and your ability to think - two things that are impaired by a lack of sleep. I think all nighters are for emergencies only where you literally know zilch, not enough to pass. (There is a compromise, to wake up earlier than usual and do some last minute cramming, so that you get at least some sleep).
(edited 7 years ago)
I didn't sleep
till 5 the other day, somethings wrong when you can hear birds and you haven't been to sleep yet
Original post by Zargabaath
all this time, i thought you were twenty-something until i read that :shock:

Not the first time someone thought that. :lol:

Spoiler

[QUOTE="SinsNotTragedies;65890308"]I agree omg :afraid: - an exam on an all-nighter is the worst thing ever. I answered questions that I didn't revise for for some inconceivable reason! :cry2:[/QUOTE

Original post by SeanFM
:s-smilie: I would say no.

It's better to try and use the time you are awake in the day more wisely (which is difficult, I know!) rather than tosacrifice your sleep and work at a fraction of your normal efficiency - you've got to remember that the exam tests not only your knowledge but your alertness and your ability to think - two things that are impaired by a lack of sleep. I think all nighters are for emergencies only where you literally know zilch, not enough to pass. (There is a compromise, to wake up earlier than usual and do some last minute cramming, so that you get at least some sleep).

Okay, okay. I'll try to avoid an all-nighter if I can. :getmecoat:

Spoiler

Reply 33
I have too much on my mind these last couple of days :frown:((
Division 1 requires dedication!
FIFA4LIFE
Hi guys, I haven't slept through my Maths degree, I got a First but that didn't matter, I washed toilets for another 2 years after I graduated. just want to tell you, being a Maths genius didn't get me anywhere. I was a foreigner in the world of science. I only ever made it when I was 39. 20 years after my degree as a first Class BCSE student in mathematics and computer sciences. Class in Queens Mary University. Fight on. I was a girl by the way. But I made it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending