The Student Room Group

Drinking

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shawtyb
i rarely drink due to child commitments and im poor haha
when i do, i dont do it in halves lol
go hard or go home

Jesus Christ if u were from my ends definitely would link up but.
Original post by MainlyMathsHelp
So, I have a couple of friends who are always like that they plan to get drunk at 18. Personally, I kinda want to just for the banter and experience but then again I'm kinda scared. Any drunk-at-eighteen stories anyone wants to share or any advice or opinions. I'm open for all :smile:

Never leave your drink unattended

Know when to stop drinking

Wear shorts under your dress/skirt just incase you get too crazy fall and flash
Reply 62
Original post by 0to100

jheeze manlike 0to100 yh
Original post by xobeauty

:lol:
Don't mix drinks. Stick to one type i.e beer or vodka throughout the night. Have lots of water inbetween drinks when you can.
Original post by eden3
jheeze manlike 0to100 yh

Hater.

Didn't expect this from you.
Reply 66
Hater.

Didn't expect this from you.

Lol?? Please elaborate how I'm hating on anyone?
Original post by eden3
Lol?? Please elaborate how I'm hating on anyone?

Were you mocking him or just trying to be funny?
Reply 68
Were you mocking him or just trying to be funny?

I take it you're not familiar with London slang.

I was just kidding - I'm sure his feelings aren't hurt and he didn't take any offence to it. Lmao.
Original post by eden3
I take it you're not familiar with London slang.

I was just kidding - I'm sure his feelings aren't hurt and he didn't take any offence to it. Lmao.

Oh thought you were throwing shade :u: I'm sure his feelings wouldn't be hurt either way.
Original post by shawtyb
who even waits till there 18 anymore :/
i remember going out years before i was 18, getting drunk and going home and then trying to act sober till i got to bed.
my mum thought i was pregnant as i was throwing up from a hangover the next morning

Wow, go you...
Original post by 0to100

but?

Original post by donutellme
Wow, go you...

get over it
Never leave your drink unattended

Know when to stop drinking

Lol ok I know I can control myself and I have literally had that lecture from my parents saying "Don't leave your drink unattended because someone will spike your drink, rape you and then you will get pregnant and you will DIE."
Original post by eden3
jheeze manlike 0to100 yh

lol

Original post by shawtyb
but?

but...you're not from around here so it might be weird to my mates like how we met lol
Reply 74
Original post by donutellme
Wow, go you...

all kindz of liver gainz... all kindz...
Only gotten drunk once, was about a month ago.
I'd had alcohol before, but not enough to get me tipsy.
On to the story, it was Prom, we got there and they gave out some weird orangey alcoholic drink, didnt really like it but I drank it anyways, they take some pics and we go inside to start our meal. We get given a glass of wine each, i drink that quickly as well. Neither has affected me at all. Anyways the starter comes and it's some *****y salad so I get up go to the bar and order a Guinness. I sit at the table and my friends (none of whom were drinking) tried to get me to chug it. As i was feeling adventurous i decided to do so. So far so good. Again the Guinness hasnt affected me either. So me and the guy go up to the bar, at this point i wasnt planning on buying myself anything, i was buying a drink for an underage friend. But this guy i barely knew was like "I'm gunna do a shot of tequilla". So i said screw it, and did one as well. This, however was the tipping point. I started getting quite tipsy, and when the main meal came, i ate 3 bites of it and decided I wanted another Guinness. Eventually i get to the bar and i decide to order another shot as well. I do the shot and i get back to my table, and now my dinners gone. So what do I do? I down the next pint of Guinness. I then sit down for a bit, I'm quite jolly and I'm having a good time. Desert comes and I eat all of that, and now the dancing starts. I get up, order another shot and start dancing for some time. I finish dancing go back to the bar, buy another Guinness, back to my table. And this is where I make my fatal mistake. I down this pint too. Next thing I know I've thrown up and my friend's carted me off to the toilet.

Tl;dr:
Got stupidly drunk off 3 shots of Tequilla and 3 pints of Guinness. Threw up and spent the rest of the night barely conscious. But at least there was a video to remember the moment.
Original post by 0to100
lol

but...you're not from around here so it might be weird to my mates like how we met lol

haha lol
i gave up caring about what people thought a long time ago, you should too :smile:
Original post by NinjaOtter
Only gotten drunk once, was about a month ago.
I'd had alcohol before, but not enough to get me tipsy.
On to the story, it was Prom, we got there and they gave out some weird orangey alcoholic drink, didnt really like it but I drank it anyways, they take some pics and we go inside to start our meal. We get given a glass of wine each, i drink that quickly as well. Neither has affected me at all. Anyways the starter comes and it's some *****y salad so I get up go to the bar and order a Guinness. I sit at the table and my friends (none of whom were drinking) tried to get me to chug it. As i was feeling adventurous i decided to do so. So far so good. Again the Guinness hasnt affected me either. So me and the guy go up to the bar, at this point i wasnt planning on buying myself anything, i was buying a drink for an underage friend. But this guy i barely knew was like "I'm gunna do a shot of tequilla". So i said screw it, and did one as well. This, however was the tipping point. I started getting quite tipsy, and when the main meal came, i ate 3 bites of it and decided I wanted another Guinness. Eventually i get to the bar and i decide to order another shot as well. I do the shot and i get back to my table, and now my dinners gone. So what do I do? I down the next pint of Guinness. I then sit down for a bit, I'm quite jolly and I'm having a good time. Desert comes and I eat all of that, and now the dancing starts. I get up, order another shot and start dancing for some time. I finish dancing go back to the bar, buy another Guinness, back to my table. And this is where I make my fatal mistake. I down this pint too. Next thing I know I've thrown up and my friend's carted me off to the toilet.

Tl;dr:
Got stupidly drunk off 3 shots of Tequilla and 3 pints of Guinness. Threw up and spent the rest of the night barely conscious. But at least there was a video to remember the moment.

That is insane!! How the hell do you have a bloody bar at your prom?? I mean prom is usually at 16 so how were you legally allowed anyway?
Original post by MainlyMathsHelp
That is insane!! How the hell do you have a bloody bar at your prom?? I mean prom is usually at 16 so how were you legally allowed anyway?

Our school only had one at the end of Year 13. So it was 17/18 year olds.
Order food from UBER using code: uberfood16 to get £10 off your first delivery. They don't charge for the actual delivery btw!! and there is no minimum charge.

Quick Reply

Latest