The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA4 - 20th June 2016 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Can someone please let me know how to answer 6 marker for the Jan 2012 paper (on electromagnetic induction)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
which papers would you say are easy?
An exam solution type thing for the multiple choice section would be so useful... I swear the entire section is harder than the written paper
Original post by lucabrasi98
An exam solution type thing for the multiple choice section would be so useful... I swear the entire section is harder than the written paper

LAE PHYSICS on youtube does this
For capacitor experiments, is it always better to use a variable resistor to keep the current constant?
For qs 2c on Jan 2011 unit 4 paper.
I don't get the last point. How is final v smaller when change in momentum is the same, and initial v is higher ?

Thanks
Original post by blueberry389
which papers would you say are easy?

June 10 11 and 12
Original post by kother2015
For qs 2c on Jan 2011 unit 4 paper.
I don't get the last point. How is final v smaller when change in momentum is the same, and initial v is higher ?

Thanks

Use the formula you used before to confirm this and see :smile:
Original post by Yo12345
Can someone please let me know how to answer 6 marker for the Jan 2012 paper (on electromagnetic induction)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by particlestudent
Use the formula you used before to confirm this and see :smile:

i used momentum before = momentum after

Thanks
Some of the past papers are so easy and some of them are so so hard.. .it's really weird i think.
Original post by splashywill
Some of the past papers are so easy and some of them are so so hard.. .it's really weird i think.

I've done Jan 10 so far, been focusing everything on maths and fm. Thankfully the grade boundaries are stupid low. What would you say are the hardest papers?
Anyone have CD35's physics notes from last year? the 2015 thread's link doesn't work
How to Calculate the angle in radians that the Earth spins through in one hour.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by kother2015
i used momentum before = momentum after

Thanks

Could you take a picture of your working? And post :smile:.
Original post by cjlh
I've done Jan 10 so far, been focusing everything on maths and fm. Thankfully the grade boundaries are stupid low. What would you say are the hardest papers?

June 15 definitely of course :biggrin:.

Then for Section A especially, June14->Jan11->Jan13. The rest are fairly okay. For Section B however I don't think there really is one that has been much harder than another.
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-PHYA4-2-W-QP-JUN10.PDF

can someone explain to me 5b onward?

i dont really get emf and its relationship with linkage, why is emf greatest at these values
Am I right in thinking that the q=q0e^(-t/RC) equation is only applicable when the resistance is constant?

case in point the june 14 paper section B Q4Aii, I just could not get a resistance out, then I realised the voltage I was finding was for the capacitor hence the pd across the resistor was the max pd - capacitors pd as they're on the same row.....unit 1 electronics coming back to ruin me.

https://60abffc9b401b1c0936e01291c15112cab0778c4.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYVFI1YlJBOWhwRW8/June%202014%20QP%20-%20Unit%204B%20AQA%20Physics.pdf
Unit 4 Physics
A* A B
2015 54 49 45
2014 61 53 48
2013 57 53 47
2012 56 50 44
2011 54 48 42

These are all for June papers..... just and interesting look.
Original post by particlestudent
Could you take a picture of your working? And post :smile:.

I've attached my working. Hopefully you can read my messy handwritting! Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending