The Student Room Group

reference letter

I'd like to transfer university after year one, so I applied through UCAS again to another one.
I need to get a reference letter, so asked my personal tutor for that, but she only wrote 4 sentences... Is that enough, or what should I do now?

Thank you for your help in advance.
Reply 1
Original post by 19david
I'd like to transfer university after year one, so I applied through UCAS again to another one.
I need to get a reference letter, so asked my personal tutor for that, but she only wrote 4 sentences... Is that enough, or what should I do now?

Thank you for your help in advance.

The reference has the same limits as the personal statement, so 4000 characters or 47 lines. 4 sentences isn't really enough.

Show your tutor the guidance on the ucas website and see if she is willing to add to it
Reply 2
Original post by Juno
The reference has the same limits as the personal statement, so 4000 characters or 47 lines. 4 sentences isn't really enough.

Show your tutor the guidance on the ucas website and see if she is willing to add to it

She became really mad at me when I told her I'd like to leave, don't think she'd do it... and she already submitted it tho..
Reply 3
Original post by 19david
She became really mad at me when I told her I'd like to leave, don't think she'd do it... and she already submitted it tho..

Then either find a new referee or cope with the one you've got
Reply 4
Original post by Juno
Then either find a new referee or cope with the one you've got

Alright, I'll try my best, thank you for your help.
Reply 5
Original post by 19david
Alright, I'll try my best, thank you for your help.

You might be better to ask your old school for a reference. Then if the new uni want something from your old uni, you can give them this one as an extra.

If so, speak to UCAS and they can change your referee details
Reply 6
Original post by Juno
You might be better to ask your old school for a reference. Then if the new uni want something from your old uni, you can give them this one as an extra.

If so, speak to UCAS and they can change your referee details

If I ask the teacher who gave me a reference letter in my old school when I applied first, can he submit the one he gave back then, or that would be plagiarism and he has to write a new one?
Reply 7
Original post by 19david
If I ask the teacher who gave me a reference letter in my old school when I applied first, can he submit the one he gave back then, or that would be plagiarism and he has to write a new one?

He can submit it, but it will need some editing anyway as it will be out of date. Some bits will say things in the future tense when you've now already done them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending