The Student Room Group

Why isn't the murder of Jo Cox being broadcasted as a TERRORIST ATTACK?

Scroll to see replies

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/jo-cox-thomas-mair-court-11491268
It clearly seems like a politically motivated murder now. Can't deny it's an act of terrorism.
The bastard gives his name as 'death to traitors' in court. Spoken like a true *squints at Daily Mail headline* timid and polite gardener.
Original post by 09876543211
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/jo-cox-thomas-mair-court-11491268
It clearly seems like a politically motivated murder now. Can't deny it's an act of terrorism.

It was from day one,I don't know why people are hesitant to say so. Or maybe because he doesn't match the 'terrorist colour chart' image.jpeg. Polite gardener my ass
Original post by queen-bee
The bastard gives his name as 'death to traitors' in court. Spoken like a true *squints at Daily Mail headline* timid and polite gardener.

I just hope that he either gets a life sentence without minimum tariff or due to his 'mental condition' gets an indefinite detention at a psychiatric hospital. It's a pity we can't put him down, though.
Original post by Bornblue
Why does Islamic or IRA attacks require that label then?

I have explained that.

Raising money to give to your burglar son abroad is probably not a crime at all and if it is, it is a pretty minor one. However send a few hundred quid to your son in Syria and you will get banged up. Likewise if you have a scrap of paper with the addresses of people with valuable antiques on it whom you may burgle at gunpoint, you have done something fairly trivial, but if you have a scrap of paper with the addresses of people to whom you wish to do political violence on it, that is a serious offence. We attach the label terrorism to make behaviour that wouldn't otherwise be particularity serious, heinous.

We don't need to gaol those who darn the socks of unorganised right wing nutters.We do need to take action against those who provide moral or material support to Islamic and IRA terrorists.

At the other end of the scale, we don't need the label terrorism to take action against serious offenders. Murder carries a life sentence whatever the motive. Instead, we use the label terrorism to give security forces exceptional powers; to spy, to censor, to interrogate and to control movements to prevent or investigate terrorism which powers we don't extend, and do not want to extend, to non-terrorist perpetrators of the same crimes.

Again, we don't those powers in respect of this murder but did need them to deal with the IRA and do need them to deal with Isis.

That is not say we wouldn't need these powers and the label terrorism in the event that the UK was subject to the sort of right wing terrorism that befell Italy in the 1970s and 1980s.
I just hope that he either gets a life sentence without minimum tariff or due to his 'mental condition' gets an indefinite detention at a psychiatric hospital. It's a pity we can't put him down, though.

what mental condition does he have?

I have no idea if he even has one, hence the inverted commas. Some people are claiming it is not terrorism, because he is insane. This seems like bs however, I don't see how a mental condition prevents one from being a terrorist. **** him.

in the paper today it said he has Obsessive Compulsive Disorder... he cleans himself with brillo pads ?
I have no idea if he even has one, hence the inverted commas. Some people are claiming it is not terrorism, because he is insane. This seems like bs however, I don't see how a mental condition prevents one from being a terrorist. **** him.

What really annoys me is that when a white person commits an act of terrorism people are always like 'oh well it wasn't really his fault because he clearly has mental health issues' but when it's a person of colour their mental health isn't addressed at all and people just say they're evil. Bottom line is, if you commit an act of terrorism you have some kind of mental health condition. No sane person could do something that unimaginably awful.

Depression has been mentioned as has obsessive compulsive disorder but:-

(a) none of these have come from any authoritative source; and

(b) it looks like he has been sectioned in the past and they don't tend to do that for people whose only problem is doing too much hoovering even if they are tearful whilst doing it

It also appears he has never worked which suggests a very solid record of psychiatric problems to satisfy the DWP over many years.
Original post by tagliatilly
What really annoys me is that when a white person commits an act of terrorism people are always like 'oh well it wasn't really his fault because he clearly has mental health issues' but when it's a person of colour their mental health isn't addressed at all and people just say they're evil. Bottom line is, if you commit an act of terrorism you have some kind of mental health condition. No sane person could do something that unimaginably awful.

Original post by nulli tertius
Depression has been mentioned as has obsessive compulsive disorder but:-

(a) none of these have come from any authoritative source; and

(b) it looks like he has been sectioned in the past and they don't tend to do that for people whose only problem is doing too much hoovering even if they are tearful whilst doing it

It also appears he has never worked which suggests a very solid record of psychiatric problems to satisfy the DWP over many years.

I'm tired of this excuse being used. Anders breivik,Dylan roof were said to have mental disorders. Why is that excuse always used every time people from a certain demographic commit such horrible crimes. I'm sorry,it doesn't excuse the **** he did.
Original post by the bear
in the paper today it said he has Obsessive Compulsive Disorder... he cleans himself with brillo pads ?

That's still no excuse. Sickening individual
I'm tired of this excuse being used. Anders breivik,Dylan roof were said to have mental disorders. Why is that excuse always used every time people from a certain demographic commit such horrible crimes. I'm sorry,it doesn't excuse the **** he did.

Isn't it because the barking mad tend to commit these sorts of crimes?

Anyway Breivik's defence failed. I don't know the otherguy
Because the media is controlled by Zionists that's why
Original post by nulli tertius
Isn't it because the barking mad tend to commit these sorts of crimes?

Anyway Breivik's defence failed. I don't know the otherguy

Not always. Most are mentally sane. It's only when white people commit these acts that the insanity card is used. If it were an Arab or black or Asian guy,you never hear anything of the sort even if the person was truly insane. Anyway refer to the terrorist colour chart when it comes to the media image.jpeg
You are so ignorant, how could it be a terrorist attack when the murderer was clearly not even a muslamist
Original post by jenderekuality
You are so ignorant, how could it be a terrorist attack when the murderer was clearly not even a muslamist

you are kidding right??
Original post by tagliatilly
you are kidding right??

I am not joking, check the news, his name is Thomas Mair and he isn't part of the islamists, so there is clearly a reason for it, hes probably just going through a tough time.
Original post by jenderekuality
I am not joking, check the news, his name is Thomas Mair and he isn't part of the islamists, so there is clearly a reason for it, hes probably just going through a tough time.

Why would he have to be a Muslim to be a terrorist??? A terrorist is somebody who uses 'violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims'. Nowhere in that definition does it say that you have to be a certain ethnicity or religion to be a terrorist. Thomas Mair is a far-right extremist who murdered Jo Cox shouting 'Britain First', so for political aims. He is the definition of a terrorist. Also I can't believe you just excused a horrific act of terrorism against an innocent woman just because he's 'going through a tough time'??? That's really sickening to be honest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending