The Student Room Group

A2 Edexcel Drama and theatre Studies Unit 4 exam 20/06/2016

Scroll to see replies

Hi!
For the 1,000 words that you can take into your exam do they have to be on one a4 sheet on sided or can they be on multiple sheets? It has really confused me!
Thank you!
Original post by skytrenfield
I saw As You Like It! How about you?

The Elizabethan era!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I went to see Uncle Vanya, which was originated around end of the 19th century. It's so hard to find out about stage technology within the Moscow Arts theatre, but there are some pictures of the original production which looks awesome.

Oooh, I'm doing the Elizabethan era for section A and B (Dr Faustus). if you don't mind, can you send some of your OPC notes around the H/S/P context of the Elizabethan era with me please. :colondollar:
Original post by Tabatha Gregg
Hi!
For the 1,000 words that you can take into your exam do they have to be on one a4 sheet on sided or can they be on multiple sheets? It has really confused me!
Thank you!

I've actually written 1000 words on the dot, and if I was allowed only 1 sheet of A4, I'd have to have it in like size 8 font- not helpful.

So, I'm going to print it double sided, and I should have 2 double sided sheets of A4 (stapled together). I have tables with the cast and production team, so it took up space.
Reply 43
Original post by chaotic.school
I've actually written 1000 words on the dot, and if I was allowed only 1 sheet of A4, I'd have to have it in like size 8 font- not helpful.

So, I'm going to print it double sided, and I should have 2 double sided sheets of A4 (stapled together). I have tables with the cast and production team, so it took up space.

I thought you had to write it all out?
Original post by iyi123
I thought you had to write it all out?

I asked my teacher, and he said that Edexcel doesn't say anything about writing or typing, so that either was fine. I'm not 100% sure, were you told you HAD to write it out?
Reply 45
I asked my teacher, and he said that Edexcel doesn't say anything about writing or typing, so that either was fine. I'm not 100% sure, were you told you HAD to write it out?

Yeah , she should we had too
Original post by iyi123
Yeah , she should we had too

Well, I better start writing everything out then... *sigh*
Reply 47
Well, I better start writing everything out then... *sigh*

I'm not sure though you might not have too
Original post by iyi123
I'm not sure though you might not have too

I'll bring the printed version and the handwritten and ask the exam officer before hand. I'd prefer to take in the printed version as it's neater and more organised
I went to see Uncle Vanya, which was originated around end of the 19th century. It's so hard to find out about stage technology within the Moscow Arts theatre, but there are some pictures of the original production which looks awesome.

Oooh, I'm doing the Elizabethan era for section A and B (Dr Faustus). if you don't mind, can you send some of your OPC notes around the H/S/P context of the Elizabethan era with me please. :colondollar:

That sounds really interesting!!

Ah okay, I dont have many, but ill have a look when im home later and pm you them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by skytrenfield
That sounds really interesting!!

Ah okay, I dont have many, but ill have a look when im home later and pm you them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, thanks so much!
I'll bring the printed version and the handwritten and ask the exam officer before hand. I'd prefer to take in the printed version as it's neater and more organised

Hello! I am also sitting this exam and have my 1,000 notes printed out - my teacher has been teaching the course for 10 years and said his pupils have always printed them out, so I'd do whatever you feel more comfortable with!
Has anyone done an essay and got 28-30/30? If you have, what tips do you have, this is for both the script one (I'm doing Dr Faustus) and the live :smile:

My whole class and my teacher, who is in a special forum with other teachers have said that it is perfectly fine to be typed and handed in printed.

Don't let it worry you honestly!
My whole class and my teacher, who is in a special forum with other teachers have said that it is perfectly fine to be typed and handed in printed.

Don't let it worry you honestly!

woo! thanks :biggrin:
We're allowed to write quotes from the play down as well right? I've put them in " " and nothing copied and pasted in terms of the general notes
woo! thanks :biggrin:
We're allowed to write quotes from the play down as well right? I've put them in " " and nothing copied and pasted in terms of the general notes

I believe you are, just not in full paragraphs! :smile: The short snappy quotes are always the best and to include directors intentions and the actors names will get top marks!
Original post by littlemisssporty
I didn't think we were allowed paragraphs in our scripts

there is nothing that says you can't and the mark scheme even mentions that the answer may seem taken directly from the annotated script where it is has been preprepared and written in
Original post by littlemisssporty
Has anyone done an essay and got 28-30/30? If you have, what tips do you have, this is for both the script one (I'm doing Dr Faustus) and the live :smile:

i have and the biggest thing is to answer the question, use the wording of the question and you can't go wrong, the examiner immediately knows you are answering it, also be really visual in your examples, you can have these examples written into your script as well, just not the section c that has to be on the separate 1000 words. you don't have to sound really intelligent its just a case of being confident in what you are writing being visual and answering the question. another tip for section b is even if the question asks for one design element it doesn't mean you can't talk about other areas, just don't make them the focus use it to highlight your chosen design ares e.g. talk about set and how the lighting will enhance it
hope this helps and good luck
Hi!
Thank you!

it doesn't matter if its on one sheet of A4 or not just that its not over 1000 words
good luck
There's like no one doing Dr Faustus :'(

I'm doing Dr Faustus!!

Quick Reply

Latest