The Student Room Group

3 A's and a B in the ISA

For Biology triple science, will I still get an A overall??
Original post by Wimsett
For Biology triple science, will I still get an A overall??

Likely yes, but it depends on your UMS marks so it could still be a B overall.
Original post by usycool1
Likely yes, but it depends on your UMS marks so it could still be a B overall.

I probably got 2 A's and a B in the exams and A* on my ISA what do you think i'll get
Reply 3
Yes but it depends on the UMS Points. You need 320 in total. May i ask what mark you got in the ISA? This will make it easier to calculate. If you edged a B you would gain 70 UMS points. That means you need 250 to get an A so you would need two mid A grades- 85 UMS each and 1 edging A grade.
Reply 4
Original post by stressed101
I probably got 2 A's and a B in the exams and A* on my ISA what do you think i'll get

secure A grade.
Original post by ibte10
secure A grade.

thankgod *phew* for my chem I think I got a really good A In unit 1, probably 1 mark away from A in unit 2 and maybe A* in unit 3, my ISA is A*. do you think I have a chance at A*???
Reply 6
thankgod *phew* for my chem I think I got a really good A In unit 1, probably 1 mark away from A in unit 2 and maybe A* in unit 3, my ISA is A*. do you think I have a chance at A*???

May i ask how many marks you got in your ISA?

No sorry, definitely an A grade only. You should have done better, better luck next time (Assuming you are retaking because an A is embarrassing)
Original post by ibte10
May i ask how many marks you got in your ISA?

I got 46 originally but my teacher reduced it to 44 as it was being sent to examiners for marking.
in unit 1 I probably got 46 in unit 2 39 or 40 and 43 or 44 in unit 3
Original post by jenderekuality
No sorry, definitely an A grade only. You should have done better, better luck next time (Assuming you are retaking because an A is embarrassing)

is it embarrassing?? I certainly wouldn't be embarrassed. though I wanted an A* I don't really see the difference between A and A* tbh
Reply 10
Unfortunately you dont have a chance then. You need 360 for an A*. You got 90 UMS on the ISA .so need 270 in the other three which is A*s in each paper.
Original post by ibte10
Unfortunately you dont have a chance then. You need 360 for an A*. You got 90 UMS on the ISA .so need 270 in the other three which is A*s in each paper.

oh well I guess I can live with that but what about physics I got A'S in unit 1+2 and ISA but I think I only got 32 in unit 3 which is probably a high C or low B .. will I get an A
Reply 12
Once again it depends on how secure your grades were and how many marks you got on the ISA.
Original post by ibte10
Once again it depends on how secure your grades were and how many marks you got on the ISA.

thx :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by ibte10
Yes but it depends on the UMS Points. You need 320 in total. May i ask what mark you got in the ISA? This will make it easier to calculate. If you edged a B you would gain 70 UMS points. That means you need 250 to get an A so you would need two mid A grades- 85 UMS each and 1 edging A grade.

I got 38/50
Reply 15
Original post by Wimsett
I got 38/50

Well thats 78 UMS so you would need 242 from your other three to get an A. So as long as you got got secure A grades then you will be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest