Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yee lol, pretty dead thread huh where are all the stressers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by jamof
Yee lol, pretty dead thread huh where are all the stressers

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha ikr. Idk but I'm majorly stressing :l how do you feel for the exam?
Reply 3
Original post by aladdin818
haha ikr. Idk but I'm majorly stressing :l how do you feel for the exam?

Yee I'm also stressing a bit it's just the weird questions which will fxck me up, basics are nice but lately the papers are getting more strange and hard😒🙄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by jamof
Yee I'm also stressing a bit it's just the weird questions which will fxck me up, basics are nice but lately the papers are getting more strange and hard😒🙄

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitely.. :/
Im just worried about their random 5/6 markers they have. I tend to not have a clue how to approach them so lose all the marks for it! :frown: I HATE NMR STUFF.
Reply 5
Original post by ALevel Student 1
Anyone got any useful revision tips?

go over mechanisms .. thats what I'm gonna do before I sleep tonight. Every single possible mechanism/reaction and its catalyst/conditions you need to know.

and if you want, condense everything down per topic onto A4 sheet - doing that also later tonight!
Reply 6
Screen Shot 2016-06-13 at 16.27.13.png

anyone got any idea why gingerol gives a positive result with 2,3-DNP but not Cap ?

Both look like they're ketones with the C=O group to me:/
I'm ****ed for this exam. Luckily dont need it for Uni though. Which is good as I haven't really done any revision for this. CH5 is sooooo much easier
Reply 8
I always find that I can't get the NMR ppm right. :/ I'm just going to have to make sure I do the other name stuff - splitting and areas ect

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Anyone know which past papers they personally found most difficult?
soooooo nervous..:frown:
Reply 11
What the f*ck was question 4!? I'm actually so annoyed because I went through the effort of memorising all the different reactions and conditions and barely any even came up! Terrible paper :/
Reply 12
How did everyone find that exam??
Reply 13
Swear they missed out half the syllabus though
I think the exam was okay, I didn't find any of the questions impossibly difficult, but the style of the paper was very different to ANY I have seen or done before. I think the grade bounaries will be slightly lower than last year.
Paper wasn't too bad - think I'm looking at around 62/63 marks :biggrin:
Think I got given the wrong paper... that was nothing like any past paper I ever saw! What did everyone get for that NMR/mass spec question to find the structural formula of the unknown P I think it was??

Compound Y I think? I got C4H8O, which was an aldehyde with a methyl group :smile:
Think I got given the wrong paper... that was nothing like any past paper I ever saw! What did everyone get for that NMR/mass spec question to find the structural formula of the unknown P I think it was??

I got CH3-CH(CH3)-COH
IE propanal with a methyl group off the second carbon
Original post by DragonRider17
I got CH3-CH(CH3)-COH
IE propanal with a methyl group off the second carbon

Me too 👍

I think the molecular formula was C6H10O for the first part of that question i guessed because the there was a spectrum at 72m/z. C=12, 72÷12=6 so I guessed there was 6 carbons. Thats all I put for there I hope i do get the full 4 marks for giving that guess if its right :/. And the structural formula I deduced from the NMR spec there was an aldehyde present at around (~9ppm) so I put it as a displayed formula (stupid mistake) = (in structural formula) CH3CH(CH3)CH2CH2CHO

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending