The Student Room Group

What to do once you arrive at uni's city?

As an international student, it is quite worrying about the future. Right now, I don't have an idea what to do once I come out of the airport. Do I go to the university, go to the accommodation, open a bank account? Anyone experienced the same?
In not an international but having read all the leaflets and booklets they send me in the post, they were saying that there is usually buses that collect people, especially at Manchester airport. These will usually take you directly to campus where you can collect your accommodation keys and sort all your packing etc out. Once your on campus it's up to you what you do I guess. I just simply unpacked, went for a meal with my parents as the others went exploring as I was spending ages unpacking with my parents haha and then when everyone got back we had a few drinks, got to know each other and the floor below us and went out to one of the accommodation events. Everyone will be in the same boat so don't worry plus I am sure there will be many internationals travelling with you on the flight and definitely when you get to the airport you are bound to see people heading to the same uni
Original post by Fadel
As an international student, it is quite worrying about the future. Right now, I don't have an idea what to do once I come out of the airport. Do I go to the university, go to the accommodation, open a bank account? Anyone experienced the same?

Which university are you planning to study at?

There should be a page on the website that tells you exactly what to do when you arrive (some universities do airport pickups), what to bring etc.
Reply 3
Original post by SeanFM
Which university are you planning to study at?

There should be a page on the website that tells you exactly what to do when you arrive (some universities do airport pickups), what to bring etc.

Teesside (Middlesborough) or Sunderland Uni
Original post by Fadel
Teesside (Middlesborough) or Sunderland Uni

http://www.sunderland.ac.uk/international/afteryouarrive/

Have a look around this area of the website :h:
I unpacked and had some food. I then had to do food shopping the next day. And then the boring things like register with a GP and change address with the bank.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending