The Student Room Group

"Death to Traitors, Freedom for Britain".

Scroll to see replies

Original post by queen-bee
Because he felt that maybe as a white women she was betraying the country because of her stance on foreign affairs involving the Middle East? he is a neonazi and racist so he it wouldn't surprise me

The same local people who identified him as a polite and quiet gardener?

I think the first bit seems very likely.. well i am sure he was a polite and quiet gardener... not all far right or potential terrorists are loud obnoxious outgoing skinheaded thugs....
What is it with you people and your obsession on trying to label this guy as a terrorist? Remember Lee Rigby? he was butchered in the street by Michael Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale both got charged with murder but not terrorism. I don't see you campaigning to get them labeled as terrorists so please give it a rest.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Betelgeuse-
I dont know that, i would suggest some radicilisation centres heavily around that idea and the perceived injustice.... Is there a point you are making here or are you looking to make a good argument for why its bad to take in 2 million war torn refugees who can easily be aggrieved by their new host countries role?

The point im making is perfectly legitimate, you are clearly too stupid to even realise its just a counter argument for the comment you made.

Cant expect intelligence from the far right wing.

Oh your last line, no i would never stoop so low as to blaming every refugee for the actions of a few, if that was the case i would be blaming every white person in the country for the actions of Tommy Mair...

Its also funny how the comment section of said far right newspapers is EMPTY after this attack, there were about 3000 comments after Orlando. Funny is it not?
Probably a Brexit supporting fanatic.
Original post by TSRFT8
The point im making is perfectly legitimate, you are clearly too stupid to even realise its just a counter argument for the comment you made.

Cant expect intelligence from the far right wing.

Oh your last line, no i would never stoop so low as to blaming every refugee for the actions of a few, if that was the case i would be blaming every white person in the country for the actions of Tommy Mair...

Its also funny how the comment section of said far right newspapers is EMPTY after this attack, there were about 3000 comments after Orlando. Funny is it not?

Calling me stupid does not make it so. I can see you are frustrated at your poor intelligence and reasoning skills.

You cant even EXPLAIN the point you are making, how on earth can you be so sure its legitimate lmfao. A COUNTER ARGUMENT HOW??? OMG

Im not right wing pal, i am left of centre (Which i guess with the rise of the rabid extreme left is now right wing)

Nobody is blaming every refugee

I dont spend much time reading comment sections of newspapers, nor reading newspapers for that matter though i guess it might explain your illuminating posting style and high intelligence. A recent graduate from Youtube comments section my friend?

Your post is one of inaccurate judgements laced with insults.. standing on a poorly reasoned and thought out argument. You encompass the rabid extreme left
(edited 7 years ago)
You cant even EXPLAIN the point you are making, how on earth can you be so sure its legitimate lmfao. A COUNTER ARGUMENT HOW??? OMG

Lets go through it step by step;

You said and i quote "he was aggrieved by cuts to his mental health service and felt mrs Cox work for Syria refugees was at the expense of his own plight?"

I stated that why dont you use the same argument when a refugee or someone from Syria or other war torn countries commits an attack, are they not aggrieved by others actions?

I dont think a lot of people understand the frustration, of seeing this terrorist being labelled as "mentally ill with no previous record" i dont care if he was mentally ill infact numerous reports suggest he only had OCD. If you use mental health as an excuse for one terrorist why is this not used for another of a different color?

Also i think you know as well as i do, had this attack been carried out by a Brown or Black individual then the reaction would have been SO much different, in fact this country would have been a volatile place had that been the case. But it seems quite a few people are making excuses for this, excuses they would never have made if the attacker was a different shade of beige.
Original post by Mathemagicien
Don't generalise racists - only 0.001% of racists are terrorists

The majority of people in the world admit to having racial prejudices - if racism was so bad, we'd all be dead by now

Its because of this alienation that they resort to these attacks

Further excuses
Reply 27
Or maybe start up the mental asylums again, to house these (and other) nutters?

Careful what you wish for you sound like you may be a little detached from reality yourself.
I think we can certainly say now this killing was political . To @tanyapotter how do you know this man was a white supremacist? Because he killed a white woman whilst letting her Muslim brown female assistant live???

How do you know he did not kill Mrs Cox because he was aggrieved by cuts to his mental health service and felt mrs Cox work for Syria refugees was at the expense of his own plight? <(Its not a rhetorical question btw)

😂

The lengths some people will go to defend the far right just makes me despair.

You were initially claiming he was not of the far right, now there is undeniable eveidnece he was you are still looking to absolve them of any blame.
Reply 29
I suppose we could also make people think that Britain is a bad country, and teach them how awful the British Empire was, how evil Christianity and Atheism are, how evil the white male patriarchy was, and in fact raise all Brits as Muslims

What point are you even trying to make lmao?
You don't recognise any of them?

Ao what you're trying to say is let him have his freedom of speech and action to do as he likes and just stand back and watch? What alienation are you even talking about? Whatever happened to his white privilege?
Original post by TSRFT8
Lets go through it step by step;

You said and i quote "he was aggrieved by cuts to his mental health service and felt mrs Cox work for Syria refugees was at the expense of his own plight?"

Firstly... you have deliberately and selectively quoted me to make it look like a statement instead of what it was which was a question. Here it is below:

"How do you know he did not kill Mrs Cox because he was aggrieved by cuts to his mental health service and felt mrs Cox work for Syria refugees was at the expense of his own plight?"

Well done on showing your lack of honesty and integrity though.

Original post by TSRFT8
I stated that why dont you use the same argument when a refugee or someone from Syria or other war torn countries commits an attack, are they not aggrieved by others actions?

I dont think a lot of people understand the frustration, of seeing this terrorist being labelled as "mentally ill with no previous record" i dont care if he was mentally ill infact numerous reports suggest he only had OCD. If you use mental health as an excuse for one terrorist why is this not used for another of a different color?

Also i think you know as well as i do, had this attack been carried out by a Brown or Black individual then the reaction would have been SO much different, in fact this country would have been a volatile place had that been the case. But it seems quite a few people are making excuses for this, excuses they would never have made if the attacker was a different shade of beige.

I did not say that feeling aggrieved at mental health services being cut means he was justified... I said it to a person who portrayed his grievances as being due to white supremacy.

We dont know the extent of his mental health, if he had OCD and thats it, it clearly has zero bearing on this crime. No, we do also treat brown and black people the same.. do you remember a brown muslim beheading a frail 82 year old grandmother in London whilst shouting allah ackbar? ... He was not convicted of terrorism, it was not an act of terror. He was mentally ill. You have deep entrenched biases... thats why you ignore it. READ

You only see what confirms your bias and misconceptions.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jun/23/family-of-decapitated-woman-tell-of-despair-as-killer-cleared-of
Firstly... you have deliberately and selectively quoted me to make it look like a statement instead of what it was which was a question. Here it is below:

I did not say that feeling aggrieved at mental health services being cut means he was justified... I said it to a person who portrayed his grievances as being due to white supremacy.

We dont know the extent of his mental health, if he had OCD and thats it, it clearly has zero bearing on this crime. No, we do also treat brown and black people the same.. do you remember a brown muslim beheading a frail 82 year old grandmother in London whilst shouting allah ackbar? ... He was not convicted of terrorism, it was not an act of terror. He was mentally ill. You have deep entrenched biases... thats why you ignore it. READ

It was not even deliberate it would not make a difference if a cut out 2 words as its still what you implied.

Also i just read through the article and in no paragraph is his religion even mentioned nor what he said? So how have you come to such a drastic conclusion regarding what he said during the attack and what his religion was. Further he is not even brown he is Black. (Unless i have missed it, i would say you just blatantly lied, however if i missed it then i apoligise)

And i dont have biases, its just common fact that the mental health card is widely available for whites as compared to Brown or Black.
Original post by tanyapotter
He most definitely did not murder Jo Cox because he was annoyed about mental health cuts. I am annoyed about mental health cuts. I don't kill people because of it.

Your reasoning is retarded.

Just because you wouldn't kill because of it doesn't mean others won't.
Don't generalise racists - only 0.001% of racists are terrorists

The majority of people in the world admit to having racial prejudices - if racism was so bad, we'd all be dead by now

Its because of this alienation that they resort to these attacks

Is this supposed to be an argument for legitimisation of racism insofar we ought to accept/not alienate racists who express their prejudice in public discourse? How absurd. Perhaps you should start new Twitter trends:

#NotAllRacists
#RightToDiscriminate
#RacismIsNatural

Aw, you poor racists! Please tell us more about the alienation and condemnation you're subjected to by the evil egalitarians!
(edited 7 years ago)
Do you not recognise the arguments?

#NotAllMuslims
#RightToReligion
#HomophobiaAndSexismIsNotOnlyNaturalItIsAllah'sWill

It's difficult to spot satire over the internet I believe :holmes:
One radical solution would be to stop the teaching of the Nazis, and purge every mention of them from historical records

Yes, we wouldn't have the benefit of 'learning from the past', but there will always be a minority of people who like the idea of the Nazis, and are inspired by the Holocaust - and these are the people we are worried about; we would stop giving them ideas this way, and they'd likely end up committing petty crimes instead of terrorism

I guess this makes sense but sadly most of the Nazis ideas weren't original to them so if these twisted people don't get their inspiration from the Nazis they would simply turn to something else and we can't do anything about this unless we find a way to wipe out human history.
Do you not recognise the arguments?

#NotAllMuslims
#RightToReligion
#HomophobiaAndSexismIsNotOnlyNaturalItIsAllah'sWill

White Supremacy of Peace
Only the tiniest minority of Neo-Nazis are racist and dangerous
It was the security services who radicalised him
We provoked him when we bombed Nazi Germany
Such a good boy

For clarity Neo-Nazi politics disgusts me especially this heartbreaking attack, but our collective reaction to this awful incident and that in Orlando is so different even though both incidents represent the same sort of reactionary hatred. This is also not to say we should persecute Muslims for a crime one man committed either, but to ignore the motives in either case and focus on self-serving twitter trends will not make anyone safer.
(edited 7 years ago)
If we just wiped out every mention of race in every single textbook, who would even think about being racist? Nobody is eye-colour-ist, its not natural, so why would people be racist unless they got the idea somewhere? If we made the whole concept of racism completely alien to people, nobody would be racist.

I guess that makes sense but that is really impractical sadly. I've always just thought that some people dislike or are for some reason scared of people who are different or just not like them but as you said this might not exist if we got rid of all mentions o this stuff.
Reply 39
If we just wiped out every mention of race in every single textbook, who would even think about being racist? Nobody is eye-colour-ist, its not natural, so why would people be racist unless they got the idea somewhere? If we made the whole concept of racism completely alien to people, nobody would be racist.

I don't agree with that at all, I think it is much more likely that racism is a natural trait that arose from the necessity to be wary of anything different.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending