The Student Room Group

OCR MEI M1 (Mechanics) 17th June

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MilindS99
This is similar to my working but i rounded too early (was running out of time) so got a = 0.0027ms-2 Not sure how many marks id lose for that. Had no time to think about what to write for the last q so lost 2 marks on that.
Overall think i lost 10marks on that paper at least which is dissapointing, considereing ive done every past paper and normally get ~90%raw

I suspect only one mark would be lost (A0)
For the show that question, where t=8000cosa/cosb or similar, are you able to use that tsina=8000sinb and rearrange the tan=sin/cos identity for it?
Reply 142
Any predictions on grade boundaries?
Would it be possible for anyone to show their workings for question 7ii) ? Would be much appreciated as I feel as though I may have got the right answer but am unsure on the method I used
grade boundary predictions, i think i got 61, should i be okay for an a
I reckon it'll be about 58/59 for an A
Reply 146
Like an absolute idiot I took a as 10 in the projectiles question because that's how we'd always done it in lessons. Because of that I got that it ended up being just under the window ffs. Reckon I'll still get some credit or have I screwed myself?
Original post by bigmano
Like an absolute idiot I took a as 10 in the projectiles question because that's how we'd always done it in lessons. Because of that I got that it ended up being just under the window ffs. Reckon I'll still get some credit or have I screwed myself?

don't worry-you'd probably lose at most 1 mark
Reply 148
Original post by phoebeisgreat
don't worry-you'd probably lose at most 1 mark

Hope so, really hoping for at least a solid B in this one
Original post by bigmano

Blame your teacher for that mistake.
Original post by leaf3
so what were everyone's general thoughts? Hard paper, easy paper? (I have read the thread I just can't really tell mostly what people are thinking about it) :smile:

I thought it was nice :smile: should be the usual grade boundaries
I'm going to settle with grade boundaries of 57/72 for an A, that's my guess
Reply 152
Does anyone have the question paper for this?
Reply 153
for question 6, when they asked the difference between models a and B i don't think i said 'model B assumes constant acceleration from 0-5 and model A doesn't or whatever it was, i think i said constant speed instead? will i get the marks? thanks :smile:
Reply 154
and does anyone know the question for q2?
I hate you mechanics
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
I hate you mechanics

Why, what happened?
Original post by Synmatic
Why, what happened?

My UMS was relatively low compared to all my other modules which meant I didn't get my target. But I expected it to be low by I knew I messed up and my score is still good so it's okay. Just wish it was higher.
Half of the total marks I lost from all six modules (AS Maths and FM) were from M1 :/
And my school are making me do M2 and M3 next year :frown:
I got 89/100 UMS ;'c I got 100 in my mocks and 50% of the time when I did past papers, none were below 95 ;'c

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending