The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Spock's Socks
Glad to hear you've had a good day! Hope it stays like that :hugs: sorry I didn't reply earlier, I've been watching the new series of Orange Is The New Black :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thankyou!!! Yes me too! It's so nice to feel this way! The first time in over 2 years where I've just felt free! I'm even still smiling now!
No worries! What's that about? I've heard of it but not seen it.
Original post by FireFreezer77
Thankyou!!! Yes me too! It's so nice to feel this way! The first time in over 2 years where I've just felt free! I'm even still smiling now!
No worries! What's that about? I've heard of it but not seen it.

I really do hope it lasts! Those moments of clarity when you have OCD are so refreshing and you feel like a weight has been lifted, even just for a little while :smile:

Its a drama about a women's prison. It's pretty good and quite funny times too. I recommend it :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone been in the priory roehampton. Going to be admitted there tomorrow and I'm so scared

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
SH/scars question

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sorry to hear that you've been doing that.
I hope you can stop it soon because it must be affecting you!
Well as another user suggested, maybe another pair of tights?
Or could you make a trip in the morning to get some makeup to help cover up some of the scars?
I hope everything goes well at the wedding!
Apologies for this being late too. I was gonna reply earlier but had some things to do.
I really do hope it lasts! Those moments of clarity when you have OCD are so refreshing and you feel like a weight has been lifted, even just for a little while :smile:

Its a drama about a women's prison. It's pretty good and quite funny times too. I recommend it :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thankyou! I appreciate you saying that!
They sure are! I've no idea where this had come from! Especially after the disaster of Thursday!
Yes I feel that a weight has been lifted! Less worrying now too about being triggered!
It's so nice! I just hope it lasts forever!

Hmm well that's an interesting place for it to be set!
I don't watch much TV but i may take a look at this!
Have you seen any of the new Top Gear episodes? (I know you said you weren't going to but I'm wondering if you changed your mind?).
Thankyou! I appreciate you saying that!
They sure are! I've no idea where this had come from! Especially after the disaster of Thursday!
Yes I feel that a weight has been lifted! Less worrying now too about being triggered!
It's so nice! I just hope it lasts forever!

Hmm well that's an interesting place for it to be set!
I don't watch much TV but i may take a look at this!
Have you seen any of the new Top Gear episodes? (I know you said you weren't going to but I'm wondering if you changed your mind?).

Just take things a day at a time. Enjoy this break from every thing atm but don't be too hard on yourself if you do slip back in a few days, few weeks or whenever. Setbacks are part of managing any mental illness but they are ultimately what help you build up strength and knowledge to deal with a condition :smile:

I watched a few mins to see if Chris Evans was as bad as everyone was making him out to be but after that I turned it off and don't plan on watching it again :laugh: have you watched it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just take things a day at a time. Enjoy this break from every thing atm but don't be too hard on yourself if you do slip back in a few days, few weeks or whenever. Setbacks are part of managing any mental illness but they are ultimately what help you build up strength and knowledge to deal with a condition :smile:

I watched a few mins to see if Chris Evans was as bad as everyone was making him out to be but after that I turned it off and don't plan on watching it again :laugh: have you watched it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I shall do that, I'm just savouring it currently!
Ok I won't be, I guess it's just natural for these things to happen!
Yeah that's true, indeed it helps you to understand better what's going on!

He is pretty annoying but not as bad as I thought he would be.
Ah well, at least you gave it a go!
I sure have! I love it tbh! But I love cars (if you couldn't guess haha!) so it's just another car show for me! Plus I like all of the presenters so that's a bonus!
Original post by 05autyt
Has anyone been in the priory roehampton. Going to be admitted there tomorrow and I'm so scared

Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't but hope it's as okay as it can be and they help you :hugs:

I'm sorry to hear that you've been doing that.
I hope you can stop it soon because it must be affecting you!
Well as another user suggested, maybe another pair of tights?
Or could you make a trip in the morning to get some makeup to help cover up some of the scars?
I hope everything goes well at the wedding!
Apologies for this being late too. I was gonna reply earlier but had some things to do.

Most of them are old ones but thanks. I won't have time tomorrow but found a thicker pair and it should hopefully be okay, as good as it's going to get I think. And don't worry, thank you for the reply!
This is probably going to sound silly but I truly believe that one of my cats, Rambo can sense when I am having a compulsion and tries to come to my rescue.

It happens a lot but today there were two good examples. One compulsion was that I kept checking this lump I have on the back on my scalp and I'd wash my hands, check it, wash my hands, check it and repeated no less than about 30 times in about an hour and I couldn't stop for fear it had gotten bigger, it was something serious and just couldn't stop the anxiety and Rambo came out of nowhere when I was sitting on the bed checking it and he meowed at me and when I wouldn't stop he jumped on the bed and sat on my knee and rubbed his face off my chin over and over until I stopped and then I kept looking in the mirror and trying to take pics of it which again repeated over and over again and this time he pawed my legs until I stopped and when I sat down he lay on my legs and then when I lay down he lay on my chest and that obviously stopped me from getting up to give into the compulsion but also calmed me down.

He had plenty of food and water and his litter didn't need changed so I know those weren't the reason for his actions and he never does that when I glance in the mirror or only look for a few seconds or if I only check something once or twice, I feel like he seems to know when I need help without me having to say a word.

Currently got him crushing my chest atm. I'm pretty sure he's not a cat though. With the weight of him, I think he's a tank dressed up as a cat :laugh: he's definitely the biggest of all my cats and he's a true gentleman and mummy's boy :tongue: :love:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
Most of them are old ones but thanks. I won't have time tomorrow but found a thicker pair and it should hopefully be okay, as good as it's going to get I think. And don't worry, thank you for the reply!

Ah well that's good then.
That's a shame but at least you found those tights instead! I hope everything works out well for you!
It's ok! I just want to help out!
This is probably going to sound silly but I truly believe that one of my cats, Rambo can sense when I am having a compulsion and tries to come to my rescue.

It happens a lot but today there were two good examples. One compulsion was that I kept checking this lump I have on the back on my scalp and I'd wash my hands, check it, wash my hands, check it and repeated no less than about 30 times in about an hour and I couldn't stop for fear it had gotten bigger, it was something serious and just couldn't stop the anxiety and Rambo came out of nowhere when I was sitting on the bed checking it and he meowed at me and when I wouldn't stop he jumped on the bed and sat on my knee and rubbed his face off my chin over and over until I stopped and then I kept looking in the mirror and trying to take pics of it which again repeated over and over again and this time he pawed my legs until I stopped and when I sat down he lay on my legs and then when I lay down he lay on my chest and that obviously stopped me from getting up to give into the compulsion but also calmed me down.

He had plenty of food and water and his litter didn't need changed so I know those weren't the reason for his actions and he never does that when I glance in the mirror or only look for a few seconds or if I only check something once or twice, I feel like he seems to know when I need help without me having to say a word.

Currently got him crushing my chest atm. I'm pretty sure he's not a cat though. With the weight of him, I think he's a tank dressed up as a cat :laugh: he's definitely the biggest of all my cats and he's a true gentleman and mummy's boy :tongue: :love:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It doesn't sound silly at all!

Animals can detect when something is wrong and they'll do their best to help you out!
Your cat loves you and wants you to be happy!

I'm very happy to hear that he calmed you down!

Apologies for the short response (I really wanted to respond but I'm super tired!)
Been fighting back tears all evening. I had this great opportunity to make something of myself and I get the ****ing worst grade in the class. I feel so much self-loathing right now, I'm such a total loser. :cry2:
Constantly feeling like anyone I talk to doesn't care about me. I feel worthless. Even with the people I am closest to, it seems like they don't care about how **** I feel a lot of the time. When I first told my boyfriend about my mental issues, he was fairly supportive. But these things often aren't taken seriously. He says things like "oh I'm sure you're just having a bad day" or "it's just your hormones" but if that were true, I wouldn't feel like that every day. I guess what I'm trying to ask is how do I approach this? I feel like he doesn't understand depression, and doesn't WANT to understand. Several times I have suggested him reading some information online about depression, so he knows how to cope with me if I am in a depressive mood, but he always brushes it off. I don't know what to do :frown:
Original post by Sabertooth
Been fighting back tears all evening. I had this great opportunity to make something of myself and I get the ****ing worst grade in the class. I feel so much self-loathing right now, I'm such a total loser. :cry2:

Saber :hugs: I know the feeling.

But don't beat yourself up, you have a lot going on right now.

Is there a chance to resit? If so could you get feedback on where it went wrong?
Had to phone in sick today because I feel awful.

Can't help feeling like I've let loads of people down. :cry2:
It doesn't sound silly at all!

Animals can detect when something is wrong and they'll do their best to help you out!
Your cat loves you and wants you to be happy!

I'm very happy to hear that he calmed you down!

Apologies for the short response (I really wanted to respond but I'm super tired!)

Thank you for the reply, hope you managed to sleep well :hugs:

-------

OCD and panics are high today. I was up most of the night tossing and turning, couldn't get comfy, cats woke me up, it was too warm etc and I ended up not waking up until around 2pm today and for some reason that set off a panic attack and then OCD kicked in and made me find faults (as in contamination based faults) in everything I touched, went to eat or drink, looked at etc so it made me through a lot of things in the bin which I know I'll regret once I calm down. My OCD hasn't been like this for a month or so. Its there every day but not as in my face as it has been today and some of yesterday. Just feel very tense, on edge and like I am waiting for something to happen be it a panic, another compulsion or something catastrophic. Been here before and I know I just have to try my best to sail through it and remember compulsions are only compulsions and that I don't have to give into each and every one of them but even if I do, I shouldn't beat myself up and that it'll pass.

Just gonna take it easy today and have a day in front of my laptop and go for a bath soon :yep:
think im slipping back into my depression as i cant find a job for the summer, so i just sit at home binge watching netflix. i need something to do to keep this away.
Okay, so people terrify me. I'm incredibly nervous in social situations, especially when it comes to small talk and stuff.

I have to get a taxi on Monday and I have never felt as anxious. Not because of stranger danger or anything, but because I don't know taxi etiquette or what if the driver talks to me and I don't know what to say etc. Sounds incredibly daft written down but I'm pretty nervous.

Any advice?
I’m doing really badly mentally and I can’t tell anyone (like my psychiatrist or CPN) because I need to be allowed to go back to uni in September :frown:
Feel so pathetic and ugly :/
hate how i look and everything about myself, even hate myself for writing this cos i should just suck it up and get on with it but meh.

~Anon 1

Latest