The Student Room Group

AQA Physics P2 - Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

also for one of them it was the box of 9+3=12v reason was that volage in a series circuit is shared
then resistance was 600 because when they are both equal when 600 or something like that
Original post by Cakes717
What was the answer to the battery tick box question about 4.5v or something...
That exam was hard especially the graph question with the resistance or something😢

It was the last box i think
6 marker was
alpha travels the least at 5cm and can be stopped easily by a sheet of paper.in an electromagnetic field it deflects to the left slightly
beta travels at 20cm and can be stopped by a little aluminium it deflects to the right a lot
gamma travels at several meters and can be blocked by thick lead and doesnt deflect at all
also least ionising is gamma
the question about calculating acceleration of the jet pack wasn't the resultant force equal to the force exerted by the jet pack that was 1850 J take away the weight of the jet pack and the user which was 840 J so the resultant force was 1010 J so hence the acceleration was 1010/85 =12.02 i am worried whether i had to do just 1850/85= 22 something because i realized at the end of the paper it was only a two mark question.
Reply 145
Original post by akshitnashine
the question about calculating acceleration of the jet pack wasn't the resultant force equal to the force exerted by the jet pack that was 1850 J take away the weight of the jet pack and the user which was 840 J so the resultant force was 1010 J so hence the acceleration was 1010/85 =12.02 i am worried whether i had to do just 1850/85= 22 something because i realized at the end of the paper it was only a two mark question.

The equation states resultant force, and if it was equal before, then when it was 1850, as you said, the resultant force would be 1010. They didn't call 1850 a resultant force on purpose, they called it the new force. That's my thought anyway
Original post by kad126
Question 1
1. What was the mistake?
Resolution was too large (1)
2. 0.01 (2 d.p) (1)
3. To see a clear pattern (1)
4. Timed after (1)
5. The terminal velocity is higher meaning the drag is lower (use data) (3)

I thought that meant the drag was higher as a larger air resistive force is needed to balance the higher acceleration
Original post by BDunlop
Yeah i did further and further additional, should probably have different threads for each one imo

Im pretty sure there was a question on resolutions.. I didnt know what to write so i put 2 decimal places
Original post by miniboy
The boundaries better be lower than last year for both P2 and P3, both were harder than the papers last year so i hope the boundaries will be around 40 to 44 for an A* , should not be higher in my opinion.

True last year i found the papers easy, A* first go and it was only 45 for an A*! It was rock solid this year😭
Original post by Ferg.
It was further across on the x axis (time), which means the graph is saying the anomalous result took longer than it actually did, which would mean that the stopwatch was pressed before to make the time more, wouldn't it? I may be completely wrong.

Did the question ask whether the student stopped timing at the wrong time, or started timing at the wrong time? I can't remember! The thing is, if it asked when they stopped the timer it would have been the case that he pressed it late - getting the anomalous result as they would have recorded it for too long. If, however, it asked when the student started the timer, it would be exactly what you said. I don't seem to remember it specifying but now I am worried. :smile: I though it just asked whether they pressed the button early or late.
Reply 150
Original post by Bulbasaur10
Did the question ask whether the student stopped timing at the wrong time, or started timing at the wrong time? I can't remember! The thing is, if it asked when they stopped the timer it would have been the case that he pressed it late - getting the anomalous result as they would have recorded it for too long. If, however, it asked when the student started the timer, it would be exactly what you said. I don't seem to remember it specifying but now I am worried. :smile: I though it just asked whether they pressed the button early or late.

No need to worry, it's all over now, I am sure you did great! I am certain now that it was as simple as the student pressing it early/before
Original post by Ferg.
No need to worry, it's all over now, I am sure you did great! I am certain now that it was as simple as the student pressing it early/before

Ok thanks! I put after but it was only 1 or 2 marks so oh well! :smile:
Reply 152
Original post by WillCrowe00
Yes. I got 400 N/m as the spring constant and I got 600 ohms as the resistance of the fixed resistor.

How did you get 400?
Reply 153
Original post by gmus
for the plug question i put plastic case as its an insulator and copper for the pins because its a good conductor. Apparently the pins are actually brass. do you think i could still get all the marks for that because copper is a metal or would they specifically want brass? annoying as im sure ive lost loads of other marks....

You'd probably get the marks seeing as that's exactly what I wrote
Original post by Miz9
How did you get 400?

For a force of 160N, the extension was 0.4m. 160/0.4 = 400 N/m
Original post by Lightman09
i didnt have the question about voltmeter resolution, any reason why?

I think that was a question on the P3 paper.
The lowest the grade boundaries have been (recently at least) is 41 for A* in 2013. Looking at that paper, I'm struggling to see how this one wasn't harder in basically every way. So... surely A* will be below 41!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending