The Student Room Group

How do I juggle this?

I am currently speaking to this French girl using Google Translate while texting at the same time, it's a challenge as I am not sure how accurate Google translate is. :/

I told her I was French also, what if she finds out I am lying, what do I do?

She's so pretty though.:frown:
Reply 1
Original post by Yafooly
I am currently speaking to this French girl using Google Translate while texting at the same time, it's a challenge as I am not sure how accurate Google translate is. :/

Just give up now; you're going too far for the pussy.
If you're using a translator, she'll know.
Original post by Yafooly

This is clearly not going to end well. Google translate is often inaccurate so it's not going to be long before she figures it out, and what kind of decent relationship is based on that kind of lie? I'd either tell the truth and hope for the best, because chances are she'll know enough English to converse, or just quit while you're ahead before you hurt her feelings even more than stepping away would.
Reply 4
Original post by Davalla
Just give up now; you're going too far for the pussy.

So I should just give up?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Yafooly
But she's so attractive.

She might not be an attractive person

Spoiler

everytime i read the title i sing "cant touch this"

right anyway, tell her that your parents are french so your french is a bit rusty so you've used translate

or that its your 2nd or 3rd language idk
Reply 7
Original post by chelseadagg3r
This is clearly not going to end well. Google translate is often inaccurate so it's not going to be long before she figures it out, and what kind of decent relationship is based on that kind of lie? I'd either tell the truth and hope for the best, because chances are she'll know enough English to converse, or just quit while you're ahead before you hurt her feelings even more than stepping away would.

If I tell her the truth she'll most likely cut me off completely and stop keeping in touch, I am not sure I am willing to take this chance. :/
Reply 8
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
She might not be an attractive person

Spoiler

Thankfully I am able to make out what she's saying, but I have no idea how to reply back to her text fluently without making mistakes.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Yafooly
If I tell her the truth she'll most likely cut me off completely and stop keeping in touch, I am not sure I am willing to take this chance. :/

I know the thought of that sucks, but think of her. Maybe you don't tell her the truth, whatever, but she won't trust you when she figures it out herself and she'll be even more likely to cut you off. You know the situation better than I do, obviously, so maybe you can find some kind of middle ground to telling her and carrying on so that it may work out a bit better.
Original post by Yafooly
So I should just give up?

Made me lol. She probably knows already. Have your explanation at hand so she doesnt just dump you. Keep going.

You cna ofc try and make your conversation and company so interesting, she might make an allowance. Dont give up.
Reply 11
Original post by 999tigger
Made me lol. She probably knows already. Have your explanation at hand so she doesnt just dump you. Keep going.

You cna ofc try and make your conversation and company so interesting, she might make an allowance. Dont give up.

We are not a couple yet, we are still getting "to know each other".

But I am pretty sure she already knows that my French is poor :frown:. So I am going to have to be really interesting, that she still decides to give me a chance. Even though I lied.

This is a challenge
Original post by Yafooly
We are not a couple yet, we are still getting "to know each other".

But I am pretty sure she already knows that my French is poor :frown:. So I am going to have to be really interesting, that she still decides to give me a chance. Even though I lied.

This is a challenge

If you make a good impression then she will overlook it imo.
Original post by Yafooly
Thankfully I am able to make out what she's saying, but I have no idea how to reply back to her text fluently without making mistakes.

XD thank goodness, that would've been a bit akward
Any major French understanding issues, I've just finished my A-levels and could help out

Spoiler

Reply 14
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
XD thank goodness, that would've been a bit akward
Any major French understanding issues, I've just finished my A-levels and could help out

Spoiler

Thank you so much, I really appreciate your help.
Original post by Yafooly

She already knows. Google Translate is awful, and any native speaker would know immediately if you're using a machine translator. I only use it for words I'm not familiar with, any translation I use it for is usually in a language I know already, so I can correct grammar after.
Look, the only way this budding relationship has any hope is for you to be honest with her. Google translate is not totally accurate and my brother once offended a whole family by making them a "welcome home" sign in Italian. He doesn't speak Italian and whatever he wrote to them was, in his mind nice, but the translation was offensive and the mom called my brother on it!!
Also, you're not being honest insures that you'll never meet her in person or have a Skype call. You can't. So, tell her how pretty you feel she is, tell her how much you're enjoying getting to know her but then explain why you pretended to be French and explain the truth and ask if you can still keep in touch. It is the only way..... Good Luck!
Unlucky mate you wont be juggling french girl tits guess its back to juggling your penis and two balls mate am i rite?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending