The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Chemistry Exams -6CH04 (14th June) and 6CH05 (22nd June) Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1466263064.566815.jpg
The product of the reaction is on the right I can't figure this out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Supermanxxxxxx
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1466263064.566815.jpg
The product of the reaction is on the right I can't figure this out

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well what ways do you know of adding a carbon to your compound, provdided you have a carbonyl group?
Original post by Ayman!
Anyone done IAL January 2016? I liked the paper although the boundaries are super low...

Was it difficult or easy but low gb? Because Phy 4 was easy but had low Gb.
Original post by PlayerBB
Why the answer is D ?

If you check the oxidation state of Titanium in option D, it's +6, which is not possible because the maximum oxidation state of Titanium is +4...+6 means it has lost two electrons from the stable Argon configuration.
Original post by Ayman!
What the actual **** was IAL Jan 15?! I managed an A* just because of the low boundaries.

Ok jan 15 was absolutely filthy literally what was that
Original post by samb1234

Was it that bad?
Original post by sabahshahed294
Was it that bad?

It's pretty bad yes. 70/90 was 120 ums

Ouch. :s-smilie: That's just nasty now.

I was like oh **** I'm losing marks here and there I'm not ready for unit 5 then looked at the gb and lold
Original post by Spoderman14
Well what ways do you know of adding a carbon to your compound, provdided you have a carbonyl group?

Honestly I have no clue

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
I was like oh **** I'm losing marks here and there I'm not ready for unit 5 then looked at the gb and lold

Lol same here. Why can't chem have physics boundaries :frown:
Original post by ayvaak
Could someone also explain why the ethandioate must be removed in this reaction?

@alow

Posted from TSR Mobile

****ing hell it was horrible. Try Jan 16. I actually enjoyed it but it was just as bad

how much did you get? I got 66 :rofl:
Original post by Ayman!
****ing hell it was horrible. Try Jan 16. I actually enjoyed it but it was just as bad

Around 78 ish. Was an absolutely horrific paper though, at least the grade boundaries reflected that unlike normal
Around 78 ish. Was an absolutely horrific paper though, at least the grade boundaries reflected that unlike normal

Damn, that's really good. I don't think I got more than 75 on the recent papers haha. Could you explain 7 on IAL June 14 to me?
Original post by Ayman!

Where can i get Jan 16?
Original post by Ayman!
Damn, that's really good. I don't think I got more than 75 on the recent papers haha. Could you explain 7 on IAL June 14 to me?

You want the max amount of the complex, which has one metal ion and 2 two ligands. Therefore the max is going to be when the ratio of metal to ligand is 1:2, so B (as for example if I have 50/50 then I can only have 2.5cm^3 of the metal reacting with ligand)

Mate 78 is like a solid score for me on the NORMAL ONES LOL YOU'RE INSANE!!!!! (In a good way)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending