The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham offer holders 2016!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by harcar
I really hope I'll get in but I don't think that I am likely to get the grades :frown: Does anyone else feel the same?

Me too :s-smilie: what grades do you need?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Subject: Pharmacy
Offer: B
College applied to: Stephenson
College assigned to: Stephenson
Original post by ChemGod007
Subject: Pharmacy
Offer: B
College applied to: Stephenson
College assigned to: Stephenson

Iv been allocated to Stephensons too have you gone to see it? What did you think of it?
Original post by hamzaa7866
Iv been allocated to Stephensons too have you gone to see it? What did you think of it?

Awesome! Yeah its really nice actually, I wasn't sure id like it, obviously its not actually in durham but if you can live with that... :tongue:

What subject have you applied for by the way?
Reply 984
Original post by ohmyapplepie
Me too :s-smilie: what grades do you need?

I need AAB for Criminology, St Chads. What about you?
Original post by harcar
I need AAB for Criminology, St Chads. What about you?

I need AAB too for Theology and Religion @ Josephine Butler...quite worried!
Reply 986
I need AAB too for Theology and Religion @ Josephine Butler...quite worried!

I'm just telling myself it's not the end of the world if I don't get in...although it certainly feels like it will be haha! Got an English Lit exam at 9am tomorrow craaap
Awesome! Yeah its really nice actually, I wasn't sure id like it, obviously its not actually in durham but if you can live with that... :tongue:

What subject have you applied for by the way?

Exactly & I have applied for foundation pharmacy but I haven't acctually gone to see Stephensons 🙈 Which is a bad idea! Where are you originally from?
Original post by harcar
I'm just telling myself it's not the end of the world if I don't get in...although it certainly feels like it will be haha! Got an English Lit exam at 9am tomorrow craaap

Me too, but I don't really want to go to my insurance! :frown: Good luck!
Reply 989
Me too, but I don't really want to go to my insurance! :frown: Good luck!

Me neither! Mine is Nottingham (ABB) and I don't like the course as much so I'll probably end up going through clearing :s-smilie: and thanks! Doing some serious cramming
Original post by harcar
Me neither! Mine is Nottingham (ABB) and I don't like the course as much so I'll probably end up going through clearing :s-smilie: and thanks! Doing some serious cramming

Mine is Kent (BBB) so whilst hopefully achievable, I'm not keen on the uni itself though the course does interest me!
Exactly & I have applied for foundation pharmacy but I haven't acctually gone to see Stephensons 🙈 Which is a bad idea! Where are you originally from?

that was the right answer for subject choice :wink: stehpensons is cool because its really self-contained it has a gym, a rowing club, music room and everyone seemed so friendly on the open day! Its actually my insurance choice but i'm kind of hoping a drop a grade now to get in lol

I'm from leeds, so not far at all. What about you?
Reply 992
Mine is Kent (BBB) so whilst hopefully achievable, I'm not keen on the uni itself though the course does interest me!

Maybe you might enjoy it if you have to go to your insurance? I have read a few stories where people have hated a uni but then ended up loving it. I guess we won't know until we get to uni haha
that was the right answer for subject choice :wink: stehpensons is cool because its really self-contained it has a gym, a rowing club, music room and everyone seemed so friendly on the open day! Its actually my insurance choice but i'm kind of hoping a drop a grade now to get in lol

I'm from leeds, so not far at all. What about you?

Ofc Pharmacy all the way 😏🙌🏻&You want to drop a grade 😭! & you have sold me on the college it sounds good ahah I'm from Manchester, what was your firm choice then?
Ofc Pharmacy all the way 😏🙌🏻&You want to drop a grade 😭! & you have sold me on the college it sounds good ahah I'm from Manchester, what was your firm choice then?

haha yeah its pretty cool :biggrin: plus it has its own train station and free buses to durham every 20 mins :0

oh sweet, i applied to Manchester too actually, really nice city. My firm is UCL but my offer is AAA :/ what subjects do you at a level?
haha yeah its pretty cool :biggrin: plus it has its own train station and free buses to durham every 20 mins :0

oh sweet, i applied to Manchester too actually, really nice city. My firm is UCL but my offer is AAA :/ what subjects do you at a level?

That's good it makes it really convient and wow that's high expectations and I'm not even doing an Alevel I'm doing a Btec and it's not even in science 😭 It's business and law! my offer is DDD (D=Distionction) finished college today acctually they said if everything goes fine with the exam board I should be getting a D*D*D* which is three grades higher what subjects are you doing?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow! As if, so what made you wanna do pharmacy? I'm doing chemistry and biology and I'm carrying forward the other A from another set of a levels :biggrin:
Pharmacy seems like a rewarding job and I miss learning about science if it intresting and wouldn't expect the Chemgod not to be doing chemistry (chemistry is what your referencing there arnt you 🙈? ) I'm guessing your love of Chem must of been the reason you want to do Pharmacy?
Hi, I have an offer for English and History combined course this year and I was just wondering about reading lists. I've already been sent a list for English from my insurance offer, I'd really like to get ahead and start some of the required reading for Durham over the summer but I'm confused as to where to find it. There's a few links on their website but they seem to be for current students. Do I have to wait until I start in October to see what I have to read? And is there a special list for combined honours students so we don't have to tackle the reading list for each subject in its entirety?
Reply 999
does anyone have an idea about how lenient durham are with their offers?
i'm hoping to study philosophy and they wanted AAB from me; i am hopeful that i could possibly get an A* in RS but maths has already gone awfully and i'm not feeling confident anymore and imagine i will get a C.
so it means that my grades could potentially be A*AC with an EPQ on top; does anyone know if they are lenient? thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest