The Student Room Group

How sexist are you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Blue_Mason
Is that a bad thing?
Nothing wrong with smiling

There's nothing wrong with smiling, but there's something wrong with telling someone that they should behave a certain way so that you and other 'nice guys' are attracted to them.
Original post by LN1234
There's nothing wrong with smiling, but there's something wrong with telling someone that they should behave a certain way so that you and other 'nice guys' are attracted to them.

But it is intimidating, I mean if you're working in customer service you have to smile and greet me or any other customer.
1.83 Hostile Sexism
0.33 Benevolent Sexism
Reply 83
But it is intimidating, I mean if you're working in customer service you have to smile and greet me or any other customer.

You weren't talking about customer service, you were talking about random women walking around London.
Original post by LN1234
You weren't talking about customer service, you were talking about random women walking around London.

Yes, but how about we start a new leaf, and forget about that thread?
lol nearly 4 on hostile sexism becuase i answered as i would answer if it was talking about men. This is why feminism is cancer
Reply 86
Yes, but how about we start a new leaf, and forget about that thread?

How about you admit that you have expressed sexist opinions, and stop acting like because you made a half-assed apology, you're somehow absolved of that.
Reply 87
Original post by banterboy
lol nearly 4 on hostile sexism becuase i answered as i would answer if it was talking about men. This is why feminism is cancer

If you don't like feminism, fair enough. But don't compare it to a terrible disease that has killed thousands of people.
5 - the highest possible score

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes drinks like vodka or whisky and tattoos are masculine, but it is not sexist.

Actually that is quite sexist. Vodka is quite a girly drink in my opinion.

As a psychology graduate I should dig up an established sexism scale and post it on here. I showed one to a guy on here before who claimed he wasn't sexist, that sexism no longer exists and so feminism is obsolete. I never heard back from him so I wonder what his score was. :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by LN1234
How about you admit that you have expressed sexist opinions, and stop acting like because you made a half-assed apology, you're somehow absolved of that.

Come now, I am not a sexist, I yeah I do have strong opinions but I respect and love women.
Since I love and respect women, I cannot be a sexist
Original post by sleepysnooze
hostile sexism: 3.5
benevolent sexism: 1
putting "strongly disagree" to ******** is hostile sexism?

"men should sacrifice their own well being for the financial stability of women in their lives"
"strongly disagree"
"you sexist chauvinist!"

it's like this woman who made the quiz didn't understand that there's a middle ground between "hostile" and "benevolent"

I wouldn't say there's a middle ground because they are two separate constructs I believe.

Benevolent sexism is a chivalrous attitude. So is about women being weaker and needing protecting. Hostile sexism is more about seeing them as inferior. You can be both, so I don't think it's a case of having a middle ground.
Original post by Twinpeaks
Actually that is quite sexist. Vodka is quite a girly drink in my opinion.

As a psychology graduate I should dig up an established sexism scale and post it on here. I showed one to a guy on here before who claimed he wasn't sexist, that sexism no longer exists and so feminism is obsolete. I never heard back from him so I wonder what his score was. :tongue:

Omg, how on earth is vodka a girly drink?
Vodka is very strong and cannot be consumed by itself unless you're an alcoholic.
Yes sexism is non existent in our society
Come now, I am not a sexist, I yeah I do have strong opinions but I respect and love women.

You know nothing Jon Snow.

I don't think you know what sexism is :redface: Saying you love and respect women so therefore are not sexist is akin to saying you can't be racist because you have a black friend.

You can claim to "love and respect" women whilst also holding negative evaluations regarding them.
Omg, how on earth is vodka a girly drink?
Vodka is very strong and cannot be consumed by itself unless you're an alcoholic.
Yes sexism is non existent in our society

I've had many a neat vodka in the past. Albeit in shot form.

It's also the main alcohol girls have with a mixer. Unless you think a vodka and cranberry is manly :wink:

Also, evidence of your sexism. You said that it's a manly drink because it's strong. Therefore suggesting that women are weaker than males when it comes to alcohol consumption.
(edited 7 years ago)
You know nothing Jon Snow.

I don't think you know what sexism is :redface: Saying you love and respect women so therefore are not sexist is akin to saying you can't be racist because you have a black friend.

You can claim to "love and respect" women whilst also holding negative evaluations regarding them.

Jon snow?

Sexism is about having abhorrent views towards women, and i do not have such views.
I do not approve of the self depreciating lifestyle choices that such women make, such as getting tattoos or getting wasted, but I am not a sexist.
Women can have careers,drive cars etc
I've had many a neat vodka in the past. Albeit in shot form.

It's also the main alcohol girls have with a mixer. Unless you think a vodka and cranberry is manly :wink:

Also, evidence of your sexism. You said that it's a manly drink because it's strong. Therefore suggesting that women are weaker than males when it comes to alcohol consumption.

Yes, women cannot consume the same amount of alcohol as men, and science can back my claim, it is not about being weaker it is just gender biology.
Reply 97
Ha ha ha, I got 4 for hostile and 1.83 for benevolent. This test reeks of it's own agenda.

Wow, I just did another test and there are several of the exact same questions in it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 98

I didn't say you were a sexist. I said you had expressed sexist opinions, which you had. And that isn't true. Sexism is defined by Oxford Dictionary as "Prejudice, stereotyping, or discrimination, typically against women, on the basis of sex". You can love and respect someone and still stereotype them.
Original post by LN1234
I didn't say you were a sexist. I said you had expressed sexist opinions, which you had. And that isn't true. Sexism is defined by Oxford Dictionary as "Prejudice, stereotyping, or discrimination, typically against women, on the basis of sex". You can love and respect someone and still stereotype them.

But people stereotype each other all the time.

Quick Reply

Latest